Bill of Rights (PASSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:09:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bill of Rights (PASSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill of Rights (PASSED)  (Read 16226 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 05, 2016, 01:42:02 AM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT
2nd Principle Vote on the Bill of Rights

Question 1: Freedom of Religion
[ X ] Proposal A: "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, nor obstructing the freedom of worship."
[  ] Proposal B: ""Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
[   ] Abstain

Question 2: No Slavery
[  X  ] Proposal A: "Neither slavery, nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for crimes of which the accused has been duly convicted, shall exist within the Republic of Atlasia, nor in any place under its jurisdiction."
[  ] Proposal B: "Neither slavery, nor involuntary servitude, including any form of compulsory national service or military conscription, except as punishment for crimes of which the accused has been duly convicted, shall exist within the Republic of Atlasia, nor in any place under its jurisdiction."
[   ] Abstain

Question 3: Right to Bear Arms
[   ] Proposal A: "A well-regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free people, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be withheld."
[ X ] Proposal B: "A well-regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free people, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
[   ] Abstain

First Question: I went with the stronger of the two restrictions here, because the weaker one leaves too much wiggle room for the gov't to mess with religion

Second sequestion: Oh the days of 2010 and going round and round with Libertas and then 2011 with Napoleon, on whether or not we should have a draft in case of absolute emergencies. I am inclined to think so, hence by vote here, but in 99.99999% of cases I oppose the draft.

Third Question: Once again going with the stronger of the two languages here. I would have liked to have seen the right to low potency explosives restored, but I will take what I can get. I mean what would the Feds be today without the use of "C4" (yes, that is not low potency, I know). Evil Tongue 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:46:31 AM »

Any society without a strong gun control policy is simply opening the door to violence, tragedy, and murder.

Shame on those who don't care about the safety of our people, and in particular shame on those who do not care about the safety of the most vulnerable in society.

By having a no holds barred policy on guns written into the constitution, this convention has done nothing less than to declare open season on the innocents.

Shame on you, shame, shame, shame.  

You do realize that for 8 years, Atlasia had a much stronger guarantee of rights on this matter, and yet we still passed background checks and several other measures that were enver overturned by the courts.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies