Opinion of Classic Conservative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:34:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Classic Conservative
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: Opinion of Classic Conservative
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 134

Author Topic: Opinion of Classic Conservative  (Read 12298 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2016, 08:30:22 PM »

I don't see calling out that ethnic cleansing is bad to be "bullying" and as noted that's a disturbing view to hold at any age (also a quite unChristian one at that.)
I just fail to see how supposedly how you are carrying yourself here is making the forum a nicer place. It does nothing to change mod policy, it does nothing to change a significant number of opinions, and it does nothing to constructively change anything here.
You don't like him. That's ok. Do you need to fight him like this? No. Everyone knows what you think about him. Why not stop?

The forum doesn't have to be a "nicer" place, and the obsession with that is a major part of the tone that's driven a lot of good posters to reduce their involvement here or leave completely. Young people with reprehensible views need it to be made clear (through derision or through any other means) that those views are unacceptable.

You need to stop trying to be friends with everyone. Bending over backwards to make nice with people who would like to see you deported or dead doesn't look good.
This thread ain't about me... It has never been. It is now about brtd's treatment of CC, thank you very much.
We must stay on topic.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2016, 09:01:34 PM »

"Hey" rhymes with "today". Do you mean pattern and number of syllables?

My version:
Six syllables:ten syllables

Vietnam:
Five:nine syllables
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2016, 09:10:58 PM by shua »

Kids at that age often form their political opinions via positive feedback mechanisms and living up to some platonic Ideal. CC views being Conservative as The Ideal and so he strives to be the most conservative he possibly can be. At that age, especially for precocious youth, sometimes other people (especially far off Turks) seem more like abstractions than "real people". I assume if CC were to really think about it on an intellectual, moral level he would reconsider his plans for Byzantium.

Indeed it speaks to the toxifying impact of Trump's campaign that the conservative ideal that right-wing youth are chasing after has degenerated into alt right garbage.

Considering that Classic Conservative has "Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz" in his sig, I don't think he considers Trump the ideal or pinnacle of conservatism.
I don't, Cruz is the Godfather

fix'd.

I don't see calling out that ethnic cleansing is bad to be "bullying" and as noted that's a disturbing view to hold at any age (also a quite unChristian one at that.)
I just fail to see how supposedly how you are carrying yourself here is making the forum a nicer place. It does nothing to change mod policy, it does nothing to change a significant number of opinions, and it does nothing to constructively change anything here.
You don't like him. That's ok. Do you need to fight him like this? No. Everyone knows what you think about him. Why not stop?

The forum doesn't have to be a "nicer" place, and the obsession with that is a major part of the tone that's driven a lot of good posters to reduce their involvement here or leave completely. Young people with reprehensible views need it to be made clear (through derision or through any other means) that those views are unacceptable.

People just haven't been derisive enough of you then, is that why your views are so awful?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »

BRTD, hey, hey, how many kids have you bullied today?

Bullying: Calling someone out for advocating ethnic cleansing.

Not Bullying: This:
What kind od "concerts" are you talking about here?
Probably the one he gives his girlfriend to her other boyfriend at. Suspiciously, sometimes she stays with the other boyfriend much longer than with BRTD.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2016, 09:38:46 PM »

Probably the one he gives his girlfriend to her other boyfriend at. Suspiciously, sometimes she stays with the other boyfriend much longer than with BRTD.

BRTD, do you believe this constitutes a personal attack?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »

Pat Buchanan is far, far, far different from Ted Cruz, who basically is another Reagan movement conservative with a silver tongue.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2016, 09:42:57 PM »

How would it not?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2016, 09:46:00 PM »

How would it not?

It just hasn't been reported yet, which is why I felt the need to ask.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2016, 12:37:14 AM »

My version:

Vietnam:
Only because you cacked the original by putting the subject at the start, rather than the middle.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2016, 04:12:50 AM »

I would vote HP but BRTD being a bully will make me be an equivocal FF voter.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2016, 04:12:16 PM »

My version:

Vietnam:

but the "D" of "BRtD" does not rhyme with either.

"REE REE BRTD, how many kids did you kill with glee"
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:10 PM »

You need to stop trying to be friends with everyone. Bending over backwards to make nice with people who would like to see you deported or dead doesn't look good.
This thread ain't about me... It has never been. It is now about brtd's treatment of CC, thank you very much.
We must stay on topic.
CC called for genocide just to "reclaim a holy city". BRTD's treatment of him is not the big issue here. Yes, he is getting a bit obnoxious about it, but that doesn't change what CC said.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2016, 07:16:26 PM »

He's a nice kid. He can be misguided, and I don't like all of his politics, but he means well. And he seems to be maturing a bit lately.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »

He's a nice kid. He can be misguided, and I don't like all of his politics, but he means well. And he seems to be maturing a bit lately.

You're like three years older than him. LOL
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2016, 10:10:04 PM »

Kent's eighteen, so...

... Which you admitted:
She lives with him and I don't and we live in different states. And we have a shared inter-state social circle thanks to Ingress. But we hang out together. I shared a hotel with them last time, the plan was for her to be in the middle of the bed, but he found it awkward so he slept on a cot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2016, 09:58:53 PM »

Kent's eighteen, so...

... Which you admitted:
She lives with him and I don't and we live in different states. And we have a shared inter-state social circle thanks to Ingress. But we hang out together. I shared a hotel with them last time, the plan was for her to be in the middle of the bed, but he found it awkward so he slept on a cot.

It doesn't surprise me that you still fail to realize why this doesn't make what you're saying OK, being 15 years old and never coherent, something that was obvious with your long strings of nonsense in proposing VP candidates. You also know nothing about why the circumstances described there are the way they are, and I won't say more because it's none of the business of all the nonsensical teenagers on this site anyway.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2016, 10:12:48 PM »

Can't we all just agree that you are all equally bizarre, terrible people?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »

A few thoughts on this ever so vitally important topic that evidently is so crucial in our lives:

-BRTD should stop obsessing over Classic. He does have a few crazy views, but he's a 14-year-old in Massachusetts. If he still has those views and he runs for office, or reproduces, then maybe get mildly concerned. But even at that point it's nothing to get so worked up about. There are so, so many worse people out there.

-Kingpoleon should likewise lay off on BRTD. Whatever stuff he's doing in his personal life is none of your business--it sounds like an unorthodox arrangement, but if everyone involved is happy with it, how is it not a wonderful thing?

-Someone will get upset at this, but how is it "un-Christian" to advocate forcefully invading some place? That's how the "Promised Land" was taken, the general point of the Crusades, and to a certain extent how the land we're living on was taken by mostly-Christian colonists.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2016, 05:59:07 AM »

-Someone will get upset at this, but how is it "un-Christian" to advocate forcefully invading some place? That's how the "Promised Land" was taken, the general point of the Crusades, and to a certain extent how the land we're living on was taken by mostly-Christian colonists.

Yes, being a dick to minorities is, historically, a very Christian thing to do.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2016, 06:11:22 AM »

Yes, being a dick to minorities is, historically, a very Christian thing to do.

It's historically a very everybody thing to do.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2016, 07:13:03 PM »

now this freak is calling for a 15 year old to be tortured. what a horrible human being.

It's a joke, and while not very funny, you shouldn't be overreacting. I will leave you to think about what would happen if "clock boy" and CC went to the same school.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2016, 07:16:36 PM »

now this freak is calling for a 15 year old to be tortured. what a horrible human being.

It's a joke, and while not very funny, you shouldn't be overreacting.
And besides, he empty-quoted Green Line, rather than saying it himself.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »

Threads like these are why Bad Atlas is bad.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2016, 07:23:14 PM »

It's a joke, and while not very funny, you shouldn't be overreacting.
And besides, he empty-quoted Green Line, rather than saying it himself.

I thought Green Line was an ironic poster?

LOL, Green Line literally supports a police state!
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »

Green Line has always been a terrible poster, so this is not surprising.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies