Democratic Freak States Holy Saturday results thread (1st caucuses begin @1pmET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:45:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Freak States Holy Saturday results thread (1st caucuses begin @1pmET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32
Author Topic: Democratic Freak States Holy Saturday results thread (1st caucuses begin @1pmET)  (Read 27770 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 27, 2016, 08:13:49 AM »

What is with these _9.9% wins?

Ugh.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #751 on: March 27, 2016, 08:26:42 AM »

The rest of Hawaiʻi's numbers are in:
Sanders 69.8%, 23,530 votes, 17 delegates
Clinton 30.0%, 10,125 votes, 8 delegates
(33,716 total, 100%)

70-30 , 17-8 split. If he would be getting 71-72 depending on CD's he would have likely got 18-7.

Finally I think we will have -
WA - 74-27
AK - 13-3
HI - 17-8

Net - 66 Delegates

Not Bad - 104 to 38 out out of 142 is pretty damn good!

So... WA, HI, AK, ID, and UT = FL + AZ for Hillary. Bernies best states are now almost all done. Yeah.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #752 on: March 27, 2016, 08:57:07 AM »

The rest of Hawaiʻi's numbers are in:
Sanders 69.8%, 23,530 votes, 17 delegates
Clinton 30.0%, 10,125 votes, 8 delegates
(33,716 total, 100%)

70-30 , 17-8 split. If he would be getting 71-72 depending on CD's he would have likely got 18-7.

Finally I think we will have -
WA - 74-27
AK - 13-3
HI - 17-8

Net - 66 Delegates

Not Bad - 104 to 38 out out of 142 is pretty damn good!

So... WA, HI, AK, ID, and UT = FL + AZ for Hillary. Bernies best states are now almost all done. Yeah.

No Hillary falls 20 short. AZ was a small victory, 13 net delegates if I am not wrong.

Bernie has several strong to very strong states - Almost a half a dozen left & atleast another half where he will do very well & could win - You are best served by not politicizing every small post & try 1 up-man-ship. It is ridiculous banter & un-necessary
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2016, 09:09:43 AM »

I assume the 33.716 votes in HI are actual votes and not precinct delegates or something ?

34K actual votes and they had to delay the results for 8 hours ?

WTF ? How incompetent are the election workers in HI ?

Or did Debbie Wasserman Schultz board a plane from FL to HI and took with her another 10.000 ballots pre-filled-out for Hillary so that Bernie doesn't get 80%+ there as well ? Tongue
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #754 on: March 27, 2016, 09:39:51 AM »

Sanders won Hawaii in a landslide too!? B-b-b-but I thought minorities hated that racist old coot!

The sweep is complete! Glorious day for Sanders!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #755 on: March 27, 2016, 10:05:17 AM »

Sanders won Hawaii in a landslide too!? B-b-b-but I thought minorities hated that racist old coot!

He also appears to have won Alaska Natives.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #756 on: March 27, 2016, 12:39:29 PM »

Beautiful! The good people of the West Coast clearly know better than those dumbasses in the East or the inland! Tongue Also, yeah, the "Bernie can only win Whites" bullsh*t can finally rest in peace.

Won't change anything in the end, but it's still worth taking.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #757 on: March 27, 2016, 01:19:18 PM »

Those were some impressive wins (all 3 states).
Congrats to Bernie.
cwt

« Reply #758 on: March 27, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »

In Washington, he won Asians in Seattle and Latinos in Yakima.

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #759 on: March 27, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »

Any results from Hawaii by county?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #760 on: March 27, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »

Sad news from the West Coast. Thankfully they'll redeem themselves by handing Clinton some resounding victories in November.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #761 on: March 27, 2016, 02:34:49 PM »

I'll just say that all three groups were probably barely present at the caucus sites.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #762 on: March 27, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »

I'll just say that all three groups were probably barely present at the caucus sites.

[citation needed]
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #763 on: March 27, 2016, 02:52:33 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2016, 02:54:09 PM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Here's the citation:

In 2008, white caucus voters in Yakima County outnumbered Hispanic voters 83%-15%.

Precinct 1930 and 1932, "both one of the most Asian areas of Seattle," have whites outnumbering Asian as registered voters by a margin of 58%-23% (in other words, under a quarter Asian).  That are definitely way more Asian precincts in Seattle than these two, but nonetheless, the Asian population is way underrepresented among voters and even moreso among caucus attendees.  When it comes to 2008 caucusgoers, whites outnumbered Asians in these two precincts by a margin of 85% to 6%.

The point I'm making: be wary of extreme mismatches between an area's demographic make-up (especially when it's self-reported by some randomer) and the actual turnout of the vote you're looking at.  Maybe minority turnout was up huge in these areas since 2008 -- but I think it's much more likely that the caucusgoers there were overwhelmingly white.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #764 on: March 27, 2016, 03:14:58 PM »

Here's the citation:

In 2008, white caucus voters in Yakima County outnumbered Hispanic voters 83%-15%.

Precinct 1930 and 1932, "both one of the most Asian areas of Seattle," have whites outnumbering Asian as registered voters by a margin of 58%-23% (in other words, under a quarter Asian).  That are definitely way more Asian precincts in Seattle than these two, but nonetheless, the Asian population is way underrepresented among voters and even moreso among caucus attendees.  When it comes to 2008 caucusgoers, whites outnumbered Asians in these two precincts by a margin of 85% to 6%.

The point I'm making: be wary of extreme mismatches between an area's demographic make-up (especially when it's self-reported by some randomer) and the actual turnout of the vote you're looking at.  Maybe minority turnout was up huge in these areas since 2008 -- but I think it's much more likely that the caucusgoers there were overwhelmingly white.

You're very much correct. Also since these were caucuses (all of these landslide Sanders wins were caucuses), the demographics are not broken down by exit polls.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #765 on: March 27, 2016, 03:22:39 PM »

Here's the citation:

Since those aren't 2016 statistics, we still can't be sure that they apply to this year. The point is, some minorities did turn out, and, based on Sanders' sweeping win, were probably solidly for Sanders. Also, I doubt that caucusgoers in Hawaii were overwhelmingly white, considering the demographics of the state.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #766 on: March 27, 2016, 03:25:30 PM »

Hey I have a question for you guys. How different do you think the results in Oregon will be from Washington? Washington was an open caucus in an Obama 68% state. Oregon is a closed primary in an Obama 58% state. Will Clinton get under 60% in Oregon? I feel like Oregon results shouldn't differ by more than 20 points from it's neighbors Idaho and Washington, but since it's so different in rules then Clinton may do substantially better (while still losing probably).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #767 on: March 27, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »

Hey I have a question for you guys. How different do you think the results in Oregon will be from Washington? Washington was an open caucus in an Obama 68% state. Oregon is a closed primary in an Obama 58% state. Will Clinton get under 60% in Oregon? I feel like Oregon results shouldn't differ by more than 20 points from it's neighbors Idaho and Washington, but since it's so different in rules then Clinton may do substantially better (while still losing probably).

Do you mean will Sanders do worse than 60%? It think Sanders has potential to improve on Obama's numbers in Oregon, since he's very popular there, as well. He won't do quite as well as he did in Washington, since it's a closed primary, but I could see him winning 62-38 or so.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #768 on: March 27, 2016, 03:30:52 PM »

Yes I meant Sanders under 60%
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #769 on: March 27, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »

I have heard very, very little of anyone or any major news outlet describing Sanders as a "racist old coot."
Or anything related to racism, bigotry, etc.
trump yes .... Sanders no.
I'm quite shocked to see your statement here.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #770 on: March 27, 2016, 03:44:27 PM »

I have heard very, very little of anyone or any major news outlet describing Sanders as a "racist old coot."
Or anything related to racism, bigotry, etc.
trump yes .... Sanders no.
I'm quite shocked to see your statement here.

I was being facetious, but there is this idea promoted by some that the Sanders campaign only cares about white people, and that obviously only white people vote for him.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #771 on: March 27, 2016, 03:52:11 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2016, 06:53:48 PM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Here's the citation:

Since those aren't 2016 statistics, we still can't be sure that they apply to this year. The point is, some minorities did turn out, and, based on Sanders' sweeping win, were probably solidly for Sanders. Also, I doubt that caucusgoers in Hawaii were overwhelmingly white, considering the demographics of the state.

I agree that caucusgoers in Hawaii are probably not overwhelmingly white, but too many extrapolations are happening in this thread.  Do you think it's reasonable to assume those precincts went from 6% Asian in 2008 to being a good metric of the Asian vote in 2016? I don't at all.   That area is getting more white, if anything, and I see no reason to assume Asian turnout skyrocketed.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Hispanic turnout in Yakima was up -- the population is growing, and Sanders held a rally in the middle of Yakima -- it's still probably hard to draw inferences in the final numbers if they were like 20% of the turnout (up from 15%).  Let's say Yakima County Hispanics were 20% of Yakima County turnout and split 50%-50% between Clinton and Sanders.  Assuming that the delegate allocation reflects the final vote, Sanders getting 75.7% would require him winning Yakima whites with about 82%.  That seems high to me -- I suspect he did win Hispanics -- but he hit the low 80's in several Eastern Washington counties, and Hispanic turnout may not have hit 20%, so we can't be sure.

It is pretty unlikely to imagine Sanders almost hit 80% in Franklin County without winning a majority of Hispanics there, to be fair.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #772 on: March 28, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »

County results for Hawaii?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #773 on: March 28, 2016, 01:09:40 PM »

It's sort of suspicious. Can anybody say "Voter fraud"?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #774 on: March 28, 2016, 01:11:29 PM »

It's sort of suspicious. Can anybody say "Voter fraud"?

No one is saying that LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies