Ann Kirkpatrick releases BRUTAL, SCATHING high energy anti-McCain ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:41:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ann Kirkpatrick releases BRUTAL, SCATHING high energy anti-McCain ad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ann Kirkpatrick releases BRUTAL, SCATHING high energy anti-McCain ad  (Read 3754 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 05:03:26 PM »

It looks like she's betting on Clinton propelling her to victory in Arizona, which is probably her best bet.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »

Arizona may have only voted for a Democrat once since Truman, but it also is the only state with a disproportionately high number of Democrats in the House. Also, that Democrat, as noted was Clinton, not LBJ. Hillary could make good on AZ on Bill's name and heightened Latinx turnout against Trump. Will that be enough for coattails to Kirkpatrick? Who knows.

I personally wish Sinema had gone for it instead.

Much of that is from a map which was rather favorable to the Dems.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2016, 04:12:49 PM »

The weakest ad of this cycle. Kirkpatrick must be desperate.

I wonder why she decided to run against McCain. She could have kept her seat.

My guess is she's hoping McCain loses his primary.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2016, 04:17:25 PM »

Arizona may have only voted for a Democrat once since Truman, but it also is the only state with a disproportionately high number of Democrats in the House. Also, that Democrat, as noted was Clinton, not LBJ. Hillary could make good on AZ on Bill's name and heightened Latinx turnout against Trump. Will that be enough for coattails to Kirkpatrick? Who knows.

Sinema is a bisexual athiest. She'd be doing a lot worse. We're lucky she's doing so well in her own district.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2016, 04:35:26 PM »

Sinema is a bisexual athiest. She'd be doing a lot worse. We're lucky she's doing so well in her own district.

Isn't she also the ConservaDem?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »

Isn't she also the ConservaDem?

Lately she's been voting relatively moderate, though she has also voted with Democrats quite a bit, such as on Planned Parenthood funding, I believe.  And, in a House/Senate race, it's not easy to distance yourself from the national party.  And before elected to Congress, Sinema had a very liberal record in the state legislature, so she'd also be attacked for flip-flopping on some issues.  I also know she was a vocal critic of Israel in the past.  I think she is overrated as a "moderate", and her likelihood of winning statewide is too.  I cannot see her garnering many moderate/swing/crossover voters, and she would probably drive conservatives out to go vote against her.  If 2018 is a GOP wave, she will be a target.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2016, 05:25:36 PM »

Kirkpatrick is also a moderate, and won in a much more conservative district than Sinema.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2016, 06:02:06 PM »

Kirkpatrick is also a moderate, and won in a much more conservative district than Sinema.
Correct.  Kirkpatrick (who is neither bisexual not atheist, By the way) has also been in the house for longer.  In 2008, despite Arizonan and former AZ-01 Congressman John McCain being the Republican nominee, and winning the district handily, Kirkpatrick managed to oust the district's Republican incumbent, so she has been able to attract crossover voters.  She did lose in 2010, due to the wave and a strong Republican recruit, Paul Gosar.  But in 2012, after the redistricting drew Gosar's home base into another district, Kirkpatrick won back her old seat, even as Romney won the district, while Gosar was elected to represent his new district, the fourth.  Sinema, meanwhile, was elected in a district that Obama won.  In 2014, Kirkpatrick was again reelected, despite another wave, and she seems to be popular.  If she can't win in 2016, with all the anti-Trump sentiment among Latinos, a presidential year bringing higher turnout (favoring Democrats), a contested GOP primary, and Kirkpatrick being the strongest democrat (IMO) for Arizona, and she still loses, then Arizona truly is fool's gold for the Democrats.  Ducey and Flake would be favored in 2018 unless it somehow becomes a wave for the Democrats.  While we're at it, have there been any polls for this race lately? (GOP primary and GE)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 06:06:41 PM »

I would be surprised if Flake didn't fall in a primary, however. But yes, Flake would be favored otherwise.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »

I would be surprised if Flake didn't fall in a primary, however. But yes, Flake would be favored otherwise.

IIRC, Flake is incredibly unpopular and a pretty weak incumbent.  I could easily see someone like Greg Stanton, Phil Gordon, or maybe even a re-run of Richard Carmona beating him (although Stanton would definitely be the best option).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 08:56:35 AM »

IIRC, Flake is incredibly unpopular and a pretty weak incumbent.  I could easily see someone like Greg Stanton, Phil Gordon, or maybe even a re-run of Richard Carmona beating him (although Stanton would definitely be the best option).

Meh. He's unpopular but it's Arizona so it's a wash if he's moderate enough (which he is, comparatively to the wildly anti-immigrant GOP there).
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 09:06:41 AM »

Wait, why is Flake unpopular?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 12:26:09 PM »

Maybe because he's relatively moderate, he's unpopular by the Arizona GOP?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:35 PM »

She's done it again!

https://youtu.be/VNk-cTbipkg

High Energy Ann is ripping the senile old DC Fossil a new one with these ads!
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 07:51:35 PM »

She's done it again!

Damn, that's a good ad.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2016, 12:14:13 AM »

She's done it again!

After an ad like that, I'm wondering how many people are gonna vote for McCain out of sympathy
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2016, 12:16:24 AM »

Flake is one of the few GOP senators I would actually vote for if I lived in their state.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2016, 02:05:39 AM »

She's done it again!

Damn, that's a good ad.

Brutal. I knew Kirkpatrick would be an incredibly strong challenge to McCain.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2016, 08:11:05 AM »

Still feel McCain will win the primary stronger than anticipated and then slap the crazy Kirkpatrick come election day.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies