Any senate candidates this year who could run in 2020

(1/3) > >>

Pandaguineapig:
Is there anyone who is running for a first senate term this year who could pull an obama/cruz if their party loses the election this year?
 I could see harris, Murphy, or Grayson for the democrats and Young, desantis, or keyser for the Republicans

Mike Thick:
It depends on how they do in the Senate. I could see Harris or Duckworth (maybe Grayson) running. Murphy might want to spend a little more time in the Senate, given that he'd be under forty on Inauguration Day. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

The Senate candidates sound about right, although I'd add Stutzman. Again, we don't know a thing until they actually do stuff in the Senate.

Santander:
Sestak has the resume to do it if he manages to win, but he's not a good politician and is still disliked by the establishment. Harris is more likely to run, but inexperience would hurt her.

Orser67:
I know nothing about Lopez-Cantera, but I imagine a Cuban-American from Florida might have an opening.

For the Dems, definitely Harris and Feingold, maybe Sestak, Duckworth, Cortez Masto, Hassan, and Van Hollen. Also Kander if he wins.

100% pro-life no matter what:
I see a few possibilities from the 2014 class (mostly for the Republicans, because they won everything):

Tom Cotton
Cory Gardner
Joni Ernst
Tim Scott (first time actually elected)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page