Is Hillary overrated?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:34:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Hillary overrated?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Dem-Y

Dem-N

Rep-Y

Rep-N

Ind/other-Y

Ind/other-N

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Is Hillary overrated?  (Read 4224 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 07:38:23 PM »

When Bobby Jindal (who is of Native American origins) ran for Louisiana Governor as a Republican, he substantially over polled.  There was an interesting study done afterwards that compared where he underperformed relative to what you would expect a GOP candidate to get, and it correlated - to an almost scary degree - to where David Duke got support in his assorted runs for various offices.

A lot of rednecks told the pollsters they were voting for Jindal, but then either stayed home or voted for the "white women" over the "indian" when they got to the ballot box.

i thought Jindal was from India, not a native American -at least that was my impression. 

Born and raised in Baton Rouge Louisiana according to his website..

But you may be right anyway...

http://www.bobbyjindal.com/online_hq/more_about_bobby.htm

His parents were from India; he's not Native American, per Wikipedia.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 11:59:09 PM »

When Bobby Jindal (who is of Native American origins) ran for Louisiana Governor as a Republican, he substantially over polled.  There was an interesting study done afterwards that compared where he underperformed relative to what you would expect a GOP candidate to get, and it correlated - to an almost scary degree - to where David Duke got support in his assorted runs for various offices.

A lot of rednecks told the pollsters they were voting for Jindal, but then either stayed home or voted for the "white women" over the "indian" when they got to the ballot box.

i thought Jindal was from India, not a native American -at least that was my impression. 

Born and raised in Baton Rouge Louisiana according to his website..

But you may be right anyway...

http://www.bobbyjindal.com/online_hq/more_about_bobby.htm

His parents were from India; he's not Native American, per Wikipedia.

I stand corrected Cool

Good to have nice, aware, and informed folks on the site !
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 08:32:34 AM »

Hillary had the name recognition advntage no question about that in 2000.  However she is also MUCH MORE popular in NY right now than she was in 2000 & as polls indicate also more popular on a national level than she was then

I was in NY (Long Island actually) last weekend, and I floated her name a few times just to get a reaction.  Almost everyone around me stated that they did not like her.  Of course, those in my presence were either military or police, so it's not a surprise that they do not support her.  I'll be up there again in September and will try again.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies