Opinion of Antifas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:11:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Antifas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Ff

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Opinion of Antifas?  (Read 1158 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 14, 2016, 04:06:13 AM »

I assume you're talking about the people who attacked that Klan rally in California.

I went to protest a "Klan rally" once myself. It was like two White trashy teenagers with swastika t-shirts and about 50 hipsters trying to beat them up with the cops stepping in to protect them.

The Klan is an irrelevant organization. They don't really need to be fought because they have no power, no influence, and barely any members. I thought even the left acknowledged that at this point and that's why for the most part they have moved on to fighting institutionalized and unintentional racism. Still though, some people on the left like to act out fantasies like they're fighting in the Spanish Civil War. Just like conservatives have fantasies of being Minutemen in the Revolutionary War.

I think the best strategy for fighting the Klan is to just ignore them. Let them have their pathetic rallies with 3 people and everyone can see what a joke they are. Another strategy could be to just talk to them, since a lot of the times they are just stupid teenagers with bad social skills and they've joined some weird political cult because it's the only way they've been able to get friends.

Attacking them with physical violence, with physical violence FIRST, in addition to being obviously morally questionable, is also completely counter productive as it feeds into the victimization narrative of these organizations.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:09:03 PM »

Turns out that punk rocket/metal guy who attacked the Klan in California posts racist memes himself on Facebook, and he's well known in the local music community for going to shows just to start fights with people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies