Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:15:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Poll
Question: Will this chaos help or hurt him
Help

Hurt

No effect

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now  (Read 31339 times)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »

Awful  and completely out of bounds.     
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »

This is disgusting - Cutting parts - That guy 1st had him in a choke hold! CNN is showing the complete footage!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2016, 08:54:23 AM »

I hope these violent leftists realize how much they are hurting their cause
You realize the trump supporters caused the violence

That's completely false. I watched this unfold. If you don't support someone, don't go to their event. That's how this works.

What he said.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »

This is disgusting - Cutting parts - That guy 1st had him in a choke hold! CNN is showing the complete footage!

I'm just posting the image without comment - it's already gone viral and is on the front page of reddit right now
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »

Screw it. All of you disgust me. I am no longer ironically supporting Trump.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2016, 09:09:12 AM »

I hope these violent leftists realize how much they are hurting their cause
You realize the trump supporters caused the violence

That's completely false. I watched this unfold. If you don't support someone, don't go to their event. That's how this works.

What he said.

so y'alls're saying that trump rallies should be considered ~safe spaces~?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2016, 09:09:44 AM »

If Trump is nominated, Cleveland 16 will be the Republican Chicago 68.

I was thinking the same thing.

It will be quite the thing if the RNC is physically intimidated into nominating Donald Trump by the presence of an armed and angry mob outside.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2016, 09:14:27 AM »

It will be quite the thing if the RNC is physically intimidated into nominating Donald Trump by the presence of an armed and angry mob outside.

Sadly, whatever the Republican Party has become has shown that it's willing enough to nominate and support Trump even in the absence of duress or coercion.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2016, 09:22:07 AM »

Sadly, whatever the Republican Party has become has shown that it's willing enough to nominate and support Trump even in the absence of duress or coercion.

That is true, sad as it is.

I know we've been joking about a Trump paramilitary force... but is this actually the point where we start seeing once come into being in response? Things are really getting too scary. It's how things got so bloody in Thailand-- protest movements hired armed "protection" and next thing you know dozens were dead. And this is assuming the New Black Panthers don't show up... I can imagine it now: Trump Open Carry League.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »

I'd like to say I'm shock, but Im not!  Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »

This will lead to suburban backlash. This is what I'm hearing all over the Internet.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »

That is true, sad as it is.

I know we've been joking about a Trump paramilitary force... but is this actually the point where we start seeing once come into being in response? Things are really getting too scary. It's how things got so bloody in Thailand-- protest movements hired armed "protection" and next thing you know dozens were dead. And this is assuming the New Black Panthers don't show up... I can imagine it now: Trump Open Carry League.

My naïve hope is that over the next several months people will realize that political norms matter and that ignoring them or dismissing them as "political correctness" invites not just additional political dysfunction, but actual violence. Which, obviously, is particularly disturbing in a country in which certain civilian groups are extremely heavily armed.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2016, 09:33:38 AM »

seb_pard
« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »

"We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people"

Proud of the protesters for standing up against hate preaching.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2016, 09:46:01 AM »

Honestly, I'm disappointed they didn't burn Chicago down. It'd have helped our cause immensely and exposed them for what they are. Oh well.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2016, 09:48:12 AM »

Honestly, I'm disappointed they didn't burn Chicago down. It'd have helped our cause immensely and exposed them for what they are. Oh well.

I am sure, whenever your own house burns we all will have a nice party around the ruins.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2016, 09:53:12 AM »

I am sure, whenever your own house burns we all will have a nice party around the ruins.
You mean when the Haitians up the street from me go apesh*t and destroy Boynton? Ok. Their lives would get a lot worse than it is if they came into my neighborhood. We'd just rebuild and become symbols of this post-America America we live in.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2016, 09:53:39 AM »

This is what you will be getting instead of usual politics as long as Trump is around. Get used to it.
hey guys I think I can do this

Well, you disagree with me and treat me poorly and sadistically?  well guess what I can dehumanize you and wish you pain EVEN HARDER

am I doing this right

why don't I feel good yet

Ugh, christ, this thread.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »

This thread should just be burned to the ground.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »

You mean when the Haitians up the street from me go apesh*t and destroy Boynton? Ok. Their lives would get a lot worse than it is if they came into my neighborhood. We'd just rebuild and become symbols of this post-America America we live in.

There will not be an America to rebuild, as long as you are a part of it.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2016, 09:56:57 AM »

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning of the conflagration Donald Trump lit.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »

There will not be an America to rebuild, as long as you are a part of it.
I love how a Ukrainian expat living in Mexico (or vice versa or whatever) is quite literally blaming an American for the fact that America is no longer America anymore.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2016, 10:07:54 AM »

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning of the conflagration Donald Trump lit.

Trump has been trying to bring more violence to politics for months, now he's finally succeeded. Doubtless he will continue to escalate until he's stopped.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

Trump has been trying to bring more violence to politics for months, now he's finally succeeded. Doubtless he will continue to escalate until he's stopped.
How?
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »

Bernie supporters, how would you feel if thousands of Trump supporters showed up at a Bernie rally and were screaming and behaving like hooligans and threatening you and holding threatening signs and some were even getting violent?  How do you think the media would react and what would people be demanding from Trump?

Bernie was not responsible for this. His words didn't cause this friction. Trump's did. I condemn physical violence, unlike Trump when it comes to his protestors. Are you already forgetting about John Mcgraw? I was at Bernie's rally tonight. It was loving. It was peaceful. It was unifying. No hatred from Bernie at all tonight.

They have the right to protest the rally. Those Black Lives Matter women crashed his last Summer and while I don't like they did, protesting was something that they were entitled to do.

So Trump is responsible for violence by his people, but Bernie isn't responsible for violence by his people?  Even though Trump people violence is skirmishes with obnoxious lone wolf protesters who sneak into events, while Bernie people violence is thousands of people shutting down an area of Chicago, screaming, threatening, and starting dozens of fights?

Don't be so naïve.  We all know these protests didn't happen spontaneously, they were organized by leftist groups (saw some evidence of this earlier via tweets, can't find the link again) and we all know the Sanders campaign coordinates with these leftist groups to stir people up and aid his campaign.  There's a reason we didn't hear about a bunch of Hillary supporters at the rally.

Oh I know the protests were organized. I signed the petition to stop Trump from speaking last night, but I don't think Sanders knew about it. If Sanders wasn't at the rally I went to, I'd have protested myself. I can assure you I would've refrained from resorting to any physical violence, but I've had enough with that bully's antics.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies