Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:56:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Poll
Question: Will this chaos help or hurt him
Help

Hurt

No effect

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Utter chaos occuring at cancelled Trump rally in Chicago right now  (Read 30867 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2016, 10:47:35 PM »

I think most people in most countries usually hate protests. I suppose the difference is that some countries (like Argentina for instance) are so used to them disrupting everyday life that it doesn't really influence votes that much Tongue
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2016, 10:52:59 PM »

My brother was at the rally.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2016, 10:53:34 PM »

Pretty much his. Tonight is the end of his campaign.

I agree: Tonight is the end of Trump's campaign for the Republican nomination and the beginning of his general election candidacy. And, in a development that should surprise no one, the rest of the country isn't about to accept having that foisted on them as meekly as what's left of the Republican Party has.

I'm pretty surprised to hear that. Reading through that, I expected the logical conclusion to be that the country is going to accept that thanks to tactics of the opposition like this.

How did an idiot like Scott Walker win a recall election? Because of stupid stuff like this from the opposition that just really pushes people over the edge.

Walker won because the Democratic candidates were unappealing garbage, not because of protests.

Hmmm, unappealing candidate vs. super evil villain dictator who is killing working families. Meh, guess I'll just not vote.

The people had all the motivation they needed. The protests were a massive turnoff. You don't reward behavior like that. America hates protests.

The Democrats in Wisconsin made it clear that reinstating collective bargaining was not their concern. They played directly into what Walker hoped they would: assuming pro-union voters would back the Democrat without their candidate articulating the benefits of unions. The protests had provided a fiery base for challenging Walker's agenda and empowered workers to take matters into their own hands. However, the Democrats co-opted this momentum into their election games and, in their perceived abandoning of the issue in the campaign ("Walker Lite" became a term for a bit there), demobilized any semblance of a movement and handed the election to Walker.
bilaps
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »

I am surprised seeing so many people voting that this will hurt him. No way it hurts him in republican primary and responses from Cruz and Rubio will turn people away from them towards Trump. Even Van Jones is saying on CNN that it's ok to protest but they shouldn't deny him his right to speak.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »

I really don't think trump will pick up votes from this: he would need to look like a victim, and that is something he is very, very inept at doing. Also, unlike Nixon, you can be sure trump will be attacked from a law-and-order point-of-view (Cruz pulls no punches -- thank God for that man), which is not something Nixon's opponents ever made into a theme of their campaigns.

I'm not particularly confident about this prediction, because even for 2016 this is uncharted territory. Tomorrow trump could surge to 50 or decline to 5. Neither would surprise me.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2016, 10:56:27 PM »

I think most people in most countries usually hate protests. I suppose the difference is that some countries (like Argentina for instance) are so used to them disrupting everyday life that it doesn't really influence votes that much Tongue

I highly value protests. That is the key to living democracy. Even if they inconvenience me most of the time for the causes I personally dislike.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2016, 10:56:58 PM »

I think this actually helps Trump in the primary - but hurts him in the general.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2016, 10:59:01 PM »

MSNBC is really spinning the whole "Trump running away from measly little college students with his tail between his legs" angle of this story. Winning argument? Losing argument?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2016, 10:59:21 PM »

Tonight is the end of Trump's campaign for the Republican nomination and the beginning of his general election candidacy. And, in a development that should surprise no one, the rest of the country isn't about to accept having that foisted on them as meekly as what's left of the Republican Party has.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.  
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »

I almost went and I wish I did. Proud of my city for standing up to fascist trump.

TRUMP is the least fascist candidate.

The only guy ever to have been less fascist then Trump was Adolf Hitler!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2016, 11:00:21 PM »

Oh, another thing -- I will be protesting a trump rally here in Cleveland tomorrow. Certainly looking forward to that experience even more after these events.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2016, 11:00:29 PM »

It is naive to think this will not hurt him in the GOP Primary. And I say that knowing fully how nothing seemed to stick to him so far!

While many GOP voters like Trump's theatrics and outsider status, I believe that they will draw a line at violence and chaos in the streets.

Tonight Trump definitely lost Illinois, Ohio and Missouri. And North Carolina and Florida are now a tossup!

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2016, 11:01:24 PM »

While many GOP voters like Trump's theatrics and outsider status, I believe that they will draw a line at violence and chaos in the streets.

Tonight Trump definitely lost Illinois, Ohio and Missouri. And North Carolina and Florida are now a tossup

lol. Berniebots causing a riot and assaulting police won't dent Trump in the slightest.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2016, 11:01:59 PM »

Well, if Trump wins, there will not be a break in this till 2020!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

Oh, another thing -- I will be protesting a trump rally here in Cleveland tomorrow. Certainly looking forward to that experience even more after these events.

Stay safe, man.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »

A shame you won't be put in the jails for this
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2016, 11:03:12 PM »

Be strong!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2016, 11:03:36 PM »

Yeah, like Trump would deign to hold an election just four years after his enablement as supreme ruler. Tongue
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2016, 11:04:18 PM »

Tonight Trump definitely lost Illinois, Ohio and Missouri. And North Carolina and Florida are now a tossup

lol. Berniebots causing a riot and assaulting police won't dent Trump in the slightest.

The issue is not who is to blame here (and yes Bernie's supporters have a lot to answer for here). For an average voter, the issue is do you want a candidate where violence is the norm!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2016, 11:05:42 PM »

A shame you won't be put in the jails for this

Next time you decide to defecate in public, please, at least, warn people ahead of time. Or you run the risk of people throwing up all over you in disgust.

Wishing somebody to go to jail for protesting... I have not, yet, seen anybody around here fall this low.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2016, 11:06:45 PM »

Yeah, like Trump would deign to hold an election just four years after his enablement as supreme ruler. Tongue

You have a point. But protests do not need an election.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »

Enjoy protesting alongside the people who would (most likely), if they had their way, nick all of your property and put your head on a pike.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2016, 11:11:41 PM »

Enjoy protesting alongside the people who would (most likely), if they had their way, nick all of your property and put your head on a pike.

Do not judge others by the standards of your own morals and desires.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2016, 11:16:58 PM »

I looked at the Donald's Facebook page, and I notice that his supporters are doubling down.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2016, 11:17:20 PM »

Maybe, or maybe not. But "Trump=violence in the streets" will, and so will the image of 'tough-guy Trump' fleeing from hippie protesters. Trump already has a bit of a yellow streak showing (and I'm not just talking about his hair). This will only add to that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies