IL: Chicago Tribune -- Clinton +42!, Trump +10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IL: Chicago Tribune -- Clinton +42!, Trump +10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IL: Chicago Tribune -- Clinton +42!, Trump +10  (Read 3628 times)
gf20202
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »
« edited: March 08, 2016, 12:29:32 AM by gf20202 »

My home state! Write-up isn't posted yet, but saw the front page on twitter.

3/2-3/6

Clinton: 67%
Sanders: 25%

Trump: 32%
Cruz: 22%
Rubio: 21%
Kasich: 18% (or 19% can't read on the zoom in)

Link:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdAAHUcUIAAXF7k.jpg
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »

pretty good poll for cruz.

He seems to be polling decently outside the bible belt.
yankeesfan
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 12:26:25 AM »

Can only imagine that Cruz has stolen some of Rubio's vote already
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »

Well, Bernie won Kansas, so it's still a toss up.

- The Young Turks
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 12:31:47 AM »

Oh god Rubio is going to be so disappointed when his numbers tank to like 10% after his Michigan performance - Watch for Kasich!
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 12:32:44 AM »

Very, very interesting!

It seems that IL is up for grabs. Depending on tomorrow's results, those Rubio votes may easily consolidate around Kasich or Cruz. Trump is in real trouble here!
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 12:33:18 AM »

- The Young Turks

Don't forget Maine!

Remember the Maine! (And Nebraska)
P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »

I could see Trump or Kasich winning here. Surprised Kasich is in fourth, Illinois is a perfect state for him.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 12:39:42 AM »

If Clinton actually wins by that much, I'll change my username to "Empress Hillary" LOL
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 12:41:02 AM »

Beating Obama's 2008 performance seems a tad bit too optimistic for Hillary, but it's plausible. I'd be surprised, but not shocked if she got that kind of result. If I were a betting man, I'd guess 57%-61% would be her range, but I've underestimated her before.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 12:43:10 AM »

- The Young Turks

Um no they aren't saying that you hack. If this is the result the Democratic party is not winning this November.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 12:43:42 AM »

Hmmm probably a little too positive for Hillary. I have no doubt she'll win it fairly easily, but if it's anything like that for her, Tender will be furious, the Blaxicasians strike again!  

And probably makes WI less of a sure thing for Sanders.
A Perez
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 12:50:34 AM »

My home state! Write-up isn't posted yet, but saw the front page on twitter.

3/2-3/6

Clinton: 67%
Sanders: 25%

Trump: 32%
Cruz: 22%
Rubio: 21%
Kasich: 18% (or 19% can't read on the zoom in)

Link:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdAAHUcUIAAXF7k.jpg
Where on twitter?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 12:50:34 AM »

If she wins by anything near this much, I'll officially give up on Bernie's campaign.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 12:51:21 AM »

- The Young Turks

Um no they aren't saying that you hack. If this is the result the Democratic party is not winning this November.

Oh really? This is Cenk Uygur's article about how Bernie won Super Tuesday because he won Oklahoma and two caucus states, despite trailing by 200 delegates in the end. He also stated in a video shortly after ST that the race was 50/50.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/why-bernie-sanders-won-su_b_9363416.html

They're the biggest hacks in existence, dumber than Dick Morris, less accurate than Baghdad Bob, and as delusional as the Paulbots in 2012 that were convinced his Virgin Islands win would deliver him the nomination. I'll enjoy seeing their rationalizations and damage control when Hillary becomes presumptive nominee. They should be ashamed of themselves for misleading their impressionable young followers who don't follow the minutiae of elections closely enough to realize what Super Tuesday actually meant.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 01:01:01 AM »

- The Young Turks

Oh really? This is Cenk Uygur's article about how Bernie won Super Tuesday because he won Oklahoma and two caucus states, despite trailing by 200 delegates in the end. He also stated in a video shortly after ST that the race was 50/50.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/why-bernie-sanders-won-su_b_9363416.html

They're the biggest hacks in existence, dumber than Dick Morris, less accurate than Baghdad Bob, and as delusional as the Paulbots in 2012 that were convinced his Virgin Islands win would deliver him the nomination. I'll enjoy seeing their rationalizations and damage control when Hillary becomes presumptive nominee. They should be ashamed of themselves for misleading their impressionable young followers who don't follow the minutiae of elections closely enough to realize what Super Tuesday actually meant.

I'm confused by some of your statements. How at all are they "misleading" their audience by telling them facts about Clinton's obvious corruption. If you actually watched they don't believe that Sanders has this wrapped up like you like to frame it. They only say let the voters decide and not to announce that Clinton will win the nomination no question about it like you tend to imply. So actually it is you that is more biased. Clinton will have a very difficult time in the general, no one is going to be very enthused to vote for another Clinton dynasty. A lot of Sanders voters will either stay home or vote for the insane Donald Trump because they are tired of corrupt politicians. Clinton is not guaranteed to win in November at all.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 01:06:15 AM »

I could see Trump or Kasich winning here. Surprised Kasich is in fourth, Illinois is a perfect state for him.

This is pre-Rubio slip. Notice he's still at 21% - that won't last since he has to put all his eggs in the Florida basket.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 01:09:19 AM »

- The Young Turks

I'm confused by some of your statements. How at all are they "misleading" their audience by telling them facts about Clinton's obvious corruption. If you actually watched they don't believe that Sanders has this wrapped up like you like to frame it. They only say let the voters decide and not to announce that Clinton will win the nomination no question about it like you tend to imply. So actually it is you that is more biased. Clinton will have a very difficult time in the general, no one is going to be very enthused to vote for another Clinton dynasty. A lot of Sanders voters will either stay home or vote for the insane Donald Trump because they are tired of corrupt politicians. Clinton is not guaranteed to win in November at all.

Uh...I think you just changed the subject here. I couldn't care less if they talk about Clinton's "corruption" (lol). They may be entitled to their opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts. I never said that they stated Sanders had it wrapped up, I said they've stated multiple times that it was a toss up/50-50. Which they have. And it most certainly is not. Bernie has an extremely narrow path to the nomination that will likely get slammed shut in the next week. Hillary is at 95% odds in the betting markets, and that's taking into account people who think she could be indicted!

I'm not basing Hillary winning the nomination off fantasy. I'm basing it off facts. She's up ~200 delegates in a 100% proportional system. It doesn't take a mathematician or political science expert to realize that is very close to insurmountable barring extreme circumstances.

The general is irrelevant. We're talking about the primary here. Even if Bernie is more electable, it has no relevance to the fact that he has a negligible chance at winning the nomination.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 01:12:56 AM »

If those Clinton/Sanders numbers hold, Illinois won't be a primary. It'll be a funeral for the Sanders campaign.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 01:14:59 AM »

Wait is ProgCanada debating that TYT doesn't stink? lol
psychprofessor

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 01:22:34 AM »

wow - could Clinton actually outpace obama's 2008 margin? if this lead holds, that's like a 50-60 delegate lead in Illinois alone on 3/15. Clinton could be up by 400-500 pledged delegates when the night is over. Add in the super delegates and she could be up by 800-900. I wonder if Sanders continues aggressively pursuing Clinton if 3/15 is a bloodbath? glorious poll, nonetheless.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 01:29:30 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2016, 01:44:24 AM by IceSpear »

If those Clinton/Sanders numbers hold, Illinois won't be a primary. It'll be a funeral for the Sanders campaign.

The funny thing is that Hillary doesn't even need to dominate in any of these states. Bernie is the one that needs to net delegates here, not her. Why? Because he's already fallen well behind his benchmarks in the totality of the states that have voted so far, and needs to make up ground elsewhere. Even his original benchmarks had him essentially tying in OH/MO, and keeping it within single digits in FL/NC/IL. Which means that his adjusted benchmarks would likely have him winning OH/MO comfortably and making FL/NC/IL razor thin victories.

Really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

P.S: In Bernie's original benchmarks, he was supposed to win Michigan by 5 points. Which means he'd likely need to win it by double digits now due to his deficit. So good luck with that to the people who will inevitably gloat and declare her to be in DEEP, DEEP TROUBLE if she wins it by "only" single digits.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 01:31:20 AM »

It is her home state.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 01:57:37 AM »

I saw TYT's coverage & they never said it's a 50-50 thing, they praised Sanders win but didn't point the losses. Everyone knows Clinton is a huge favorite, it you want every news agency to shout it out every single time, you have a problem. Going in a tirade against TYT is incredibly stupid.

I mean the entire MSM is a fraud, they count Super Delegates & give their numbers, there are some incredibly dumb people here, Clinton supporters, who count Super Delegates. No1 talks about them distorting facts or their dumbness. But when 1 progressive news agency justifiably praises victories of Sanders, all hell breaks loose.

As for TYT, they did an interview with Jill Stein, who is a progressive nominee. So they have no obligation to support Clinton, who is a milder form of most Republicans.

Apart from Southern states, Sanders did remarkably well in many states, throughout the country. I was happy with his performance bar maybe apart from 1-2 states. The whole benchmark thing is dumb & is for dumb people to follow religiously. For ex - He was never gonna get some of those numbers in Southern states like Texas & he will out-perform those numbers in many states & he has been doing.

There is a long way, if he is viable he is gonna win many delegates in Cali & beat Clinton, beat the Washington estimate,etc. If Sanders does not have a bad result in 15th march, we will have a close contest to the nomination.

Anyways this poll is probably an outlier & I don't expect Clinton to win this big. It she does, it's over for Sanders.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 02:04:38 AM »

Also in a way it is the truth - Clinton did under-perform in Super Tuesday. Sanders was supposed to win only 1 state assuredly, have the forum said he won't win another. He was loosing in every poll in MA for the last 7-8 days, their was no reliable data on MN & Co.

Super Tuesday could have been a knock out punch. If he did not win CO & OH then this was over. He would be over. Clinton was the presumed nominee & he hung won 5, loss Mass by 1.4% odd & then won Kansas, Nebraska, Maine & would win Democrats Abroad tomorrow. And he will continue winning.

I see what Cenk did & he has openly said "He is a Bernie supporter" & "He is a progressive" & "He does not claim to be unbiased". If people are bashing him, they have serious mental issue comprehending basic stuff!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies