MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:01:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19  (Read 6429 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« on: March 06, 2016, 12:48:31 PM »

Damn, among Whites Sanders and Clinton are tied.

But Blacks in their silly, blind loyalty break for Clinton with over 3/4 support ...

Reported for racism.

There's nothing racist about what I said. I just find it strange that Blacks are voting so stubbornly for Hillary, a corporate enabler and millionaire - who has basically nothing in common with the average black middle-class voter or the ones even struggling harder on welfare or minimum wage. It would be better if Black voters took another look at Bernie, who'd actually have better policies for them instead of Hillary - the corporate whore.
Nearly everything you say is racist or misogynistic.

He's from central Europe so it makes sense.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:33:11 PM »

But Blacks in their silly, blind loyalty break for Clinton with over 3/4 support ...

Even if you don't think this is racist, it's incredibly offensive. It's you a white European saying African Americans do not have the agency to make their own choices, which is rooted in racism. You may not have intended it to come out that way but it did and as a moderator you should watch the language you use.

Many of his posts have some sort of veiled racism or sexism, and he just casually denies it when confronted on it.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 06:06:41 PM »

I wonder if some of the disappointment on the part of Sanders people for black support of Clinton is just simply this:  blacks are disproportionately poor, compared with whites and Asians, therefore they should be a potential core constituency for the candidate who is most in favor of changing the current socio-economic system, Sanders.

I read a really interesting article about how because of the broad systemic issues AA and Latinos face, they're less likely to invest in idealism and focus on pragmatism.

Another factor to consider, especially in red states in the South, many believe that a Democratic president/administration is their only hope against an otherwise solidly Republican state government and legislature, so electability plays a bigger role in their decision.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies