MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:15:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19  (Read 6490 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:39:09 PM »

No matter how much you guys want to put me into the "racist/sexist" corner - it doesn't work. It didn't work over the past year and it doesn't work now. Because I simply am not.

I didn't say Blacks "do not have the agency to make their own choices" (that's how you put it).

I said Blacks have an unnecessary Hillary-fetish for some reason and vote for her 85-15, which is unexplainable considering Sanders has roughly the same policies regarding Blacks and other minorities than Hillary. In that sense, Blacks are virtually discriminating Bernie with their silly pro-Hillary voting, which she earns by no means. Much like the stupid superdelegates, who are also lining up behind her for no obvious reason ...

I doubt this will be all that persuasive to Tender, but just off the top of my head, here are a list of reasons why I would imagine African Americans would heavily lean towards Clinton. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, and as I am not an African American, I don't presuppose to know them all.

1) Hillary worked for Obama, after an acrimonious primary, which shows that she is loyal to him, and by extension, get's kudos from his strongest base of support.

I think a related aspect to this is that President Obama has not-so-subtly indicated that Hillary is his preferred candidate.  Many black officials and community leaders have no doubt noticed that Clinton has the President's approval.

Clinton's support is particularly strong among black women and I read an article in the NYT which discussed that while black women overwhelmingly supported Obama in the 2008 Democratic Primary, they knew it meant putting aside potentially the first female president.  There was a feeling of unfinished business.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/27/us/black-women-join-south-carolina-fight-to-send-a-woman-to-the-white-house.html?_r=0
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies