MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:21:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-NBC News/Marist: Clinton+17, Trump+19  (Read 6409 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: March 06, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »

The NBC/WSJ/Marist poll was conducted March 1-3 among 2,229 registered voters (which has a margin of error of plus-minus 2.1 percentage points), 546 likely Democratic primary voters (plus-minus 4.2 percentage points) and 482 likely Republican primary voters (plus-minus 4.5 percentage points).

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-hold-big-leads-michigan-poll-n532576
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »

Damn, among Whites Sanders and Clinton are tied.

But Blacks in their silly, blind loyalty break for Clinton with over 3/4 support ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »

These numbers are of likely voters.

The registered voter numbers show a slightly closer race: 52-44.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 10:11:35 AM »

ARG: Kasich +2
Marist/YouGov: Kasich in last

HuhHuh

If you (still) believe ARG polls, you are a lost cause ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »

But Blacks in their silly, blind loyalty break for Clinton with over 3/4 support ...

Reported for racism.

There's nothing racist about what I said. I just find it strange that Blacks are voting so stubbornly for Hillary, a corporate enabler and millionaire - who has basically nothing in common with the average black middle-class voter or the ones even struggling harder on welfare or minimum wage. It would be better if Black voters took another look at Bernie, who'd actually have better policies for them instead of Hillary - the corporate whore.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 12:39:25 PM »

Reported for racism.

There's nothing racist about what I said. I just find it strange that Blacks are voting so stubbornly for Hillary, a corporate enabler and millionaire - who has basically nothing in common with the average black middle-class voter or the ones even struggling harder on welfare or minimum wage. It would be better if Black voters took another look at Bernie, who'd actually have better policies for them instead of Hillary - the corporate whore.
Nearly everything you say is racist or misogynistic.

Wrong.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 12:55:24 PM »

Reported for racism.

Nearly everything you say is racist or misogynistic.

Wrong.

It is. Everytime black people come up, Sanders supporters constantly bring up welfare.

Have you ever realized how condescending it is for non-whites to be told that their interests lie in the candidate promising them the most stuff from the government?

Read again what I wrote: you make it sound as if I was talking exclusively about Blacks on welfare. But I was talking about all Blacks in general and how stubbornly they are voting Hillary. This is abnormal and can be questioned - without it being racist.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 05:14:00 AM »

Even if you don't think this is racist, it's incredibly offensive. It's you a white European saying African Americans do not have the agency to make their own choices, which is rooted in racism. You may not have intended it to come out that way but it did and as a moderator you should watch the language you use.

No matter how much you guys want to put me into the "racist/sexist" corner - it doesn't work. It didn't work over the past year and it doesn't work now. Because I simply am not.

I didn't say Blacks "do not have the agency to make their own choices" (that's how you put it).

I said Blacks have an unnecessary Hillary-fetish for some reason and vote for her 85-15, which is unexplainable considering Sanders has roughly the same policies regarding Blacks and other minorities than Hillary. In that sense, Blacks are virtually discriminating Bernie with their silly pro-Hillary voting, which she earns by no means. Much like the stupid superdelegates, who are also lining up behind her for no obvious reason ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 05:26:35 AM »

Even if you don't think this is racist, it's incredibly offensive. It's you a white European saying African Americans do not have the agency to make their own choices, which is rooted in racism. You may not have intended it to come out that way but it did and as a moderator you should watch the language you use.

No matter how much you guys want to put me into the "racist/sexist" corner - it doesn't work. It didn't work over the past year and it doesn't work now. Because I simply am not.

I didn't say Blacks "do not have the agency to make their own choices" (that's how you put it).

I said Blacks have an unnecessary Hillary-fetish for some reason and vote for her 85-15, which is unexplainable considering Sanders has roughly the same policies regarding Blacks and other minorities than Hillary. In that sense, Blacks are virtually discriminating Bernie with their silly pro-Hillary voting, which she earns by no means. Much like the stupid superdelegates, who are also lining up behind her for no obvious reason ...

Again... just because you refuse to understand Hillary's appeal, that doesn't mean you need to criticise the voting patterns of a race of people. And "Blacks are virtually discriminating Bernie"? Jesus Christ, man. Poor Bernie for voting how they want.

The debate showed me in clear focus, that Bernie understands a lot less about racial issues than I realised before. Bernie is trying to get people to make a huge leap of faith, I think the commentary about the lack of PoC to invest in Bernie's narrow agenda is increasingly valid.

A) Plz tell me in full detail what Hillary's "appeal" is (that warrants her getting 85% of Blacks).

B) Since when are Superdelegates (of which she gets 96%) a "race of people" ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 05:49:04 AM »

Again... just because you refuse to understand Hillary's appeal, that doesn't mean you need to criticise the voting patterns of a race of people. And "Blacks are virtually discriminating Bernie"? Jesus Christ, man. Poor Bernie for voting how they want.

The debate showed me in clear focus, that Bernie understands a lot less about racial issues than I realised before. Bernie is trying to get people to make a huge leap of faith, I think the commentary about the lack of PoC to invest in Bernie's narrow agenda is increasingly valid.

A) Plz tell me in full detail what Hillary's "appeal" is (that warrants her getting 85% of Blacks).

B) Since when are Superdelegates (of which she gets 96%) a "race of people" ?

a) I don't speak for black people, nor would presume to understand what drives them to vote the way they do. Maybe ask why Sanders isn't connecting with them, instead of what seems to you is them not understanding what's good for them? Clinton has a much longer record with the AA community (actually longer than her husband), is closely tied to Obama... etc. That's my guess, but again, I don't presume to speak for all African Americans.

b) You won't find any disagreements with me about super-delegates. They and caucuses should be done away with. But Superdelegates support the candidate they think has the best chance of winning the General. Hillary had most of them in 2008 (although Obama did a lot better than Sanders), then when things changed, two-thirds of them got behind Obama by the end. The Superdelegates know what would happen if they decided the race.

The points you listed in a) are not warranting a 80-85% support level for her though. I'd have no problem if Blacks split 50-50, or 55-45 or 60-40. OK. But unlike in the GE, where it's easy to understand that Blacks go Dem 95-5 or 90-10 over the Republicans, there's nothing that warrants such a gap between 2 Democrats ... That's why I call it "blind loyalty" and I stick with that (no matter if you guys call me a "racist" or not). For your point b) it just means superdelegates are stupid, because Sanders is the more electable candidate in the GE (look at all recent polls in the GE board). But I acknowledge that Sanders has not been really efficient in communicating to voters that he's the more electable candidate in the GE ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 02:22:59 AM »

These numbers are of likely voters.

The registered voter numbers show a slightly closer race: 52-44.

That somehow reinforces the argument that Sanders does much better with high turnout.

See NH, MI etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies