LA: Magellan Strategies - Trump-41 Cruz-21, Clinton-61 Sanders-14 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:36:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  LA: Magellan Strategies - Trump-41 Cruz-21, Clinton-61 Sanders-14 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA: Magellan Strategies - Trump-41 Cruz-21, Clinton-61 Sanders-14  (Read 1869 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: March 03, 2016, 07:00:09 AM »

In 2008 in the Obama vs McCain, around 31-32% of the population was under or at 34 in Louisiana.

In this poll it is at 9%. I know Sanders will loose & loose bad, but these stupid polls with weird demographics is only giving out the wrong stuff
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:33:50 AM »

In 2008 in the Obama vs McCain, around 31-32% of the population was under or at 34 in Louisiana.

In this poll it is at 9%. I know Sanders will loose & loose bad, but these stupid polls with weird demographics is only giving out the wrong stuff

Youth turnout is always much lower in primaries than in general elections. 9% does seem pretty low, but not far off from the 13% it was in SC.

South Carolina has record Low Turnout for a Primary, not even talking about the GE. Sanders bailed out on the state anyways & I think the final number of people were horribly bad.

For SC it was around 13% for 17-28 & 18-19% odd for under 34 - Was still more than double this.

And historically Louisiana has much more Young voters & much less Older voters than South Carolina  - Go check the numbers.

This is ridiculous! It will be comfortably greater than 20%, this is till 34, not even 29!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »

Might not be too crazy. May end up closer to about 11-12%. For comparison, this is what the voting age so far in Florida (mail/early voting) looks like:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are you even debating this? I am not - If this happens Dems have a big problem in the general but I doubt in any major state we have 11% under 34, I have never heard it has happened recently. Even with states with Low Young Votes with record low Votes, it has been atleast 50% higher.

Florida - Really bad  example - It has not voted - Absentee ballots are generally from older people who can't make it on that day. To compare 100 Absentee ballots of old people & make an assessment of the election is creepy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies