The Judicial Branch (Supreme Court) PASSED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:40:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Judicial Branch (Supreme Court) PASSED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Judicial Branch (Supreme Court) PASSED  (Read 23150 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: March 06, 2016, 10:44:53 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2016, 10:48:35 PM by Simfan34 »

Maybe we could have a system where a Justice is allocated to sit as a circuit justice for each region, and then the full Court sits en banc to be reheard on appeal as the full Supreme Court? Perhaps it could be consolidated with each regional judicial system.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:28:43 PM »

Maybe we could have a system where a Justice is allocated to sit as a circuit justice for each region, and then the full Court sits en banc to be reheard on appeal as the full Supreme Court? Perhaps it could be consolidated with each regional judicial system.

I think this would work well with the Bore plan-- each regional justice rides circuit in their own region, and then on appeal the case is reheard by the full court.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 07:20:10 PM »

Wait, did the convention actually adopt my idea of having the associate judges ride circuit as chief judicial officer in their regions? If so, bravo!

Or did someone else have that idea before me? Looking at the thread I see bore proposed something similar. Either way, I appear to be the first to connect this to the idea of sitting in circuit. I humbly request my name be entered in the record as having contributed at this stage. Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies