The Judicial Branch (Supreme Court) PASSED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:07:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Judicial Branch (Supreme Court) PASSED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Judicial Branch (Supreme Court) PASSED  (Read 22474 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« on: March 20, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

[1] Plan B
[2] Plan A
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:42:17 PM »

I agree. We voted, and this is what we got. Now, let's keep it moving so we can get things finished up soon. We won't let this slow us down.

I would be inclined to support (A) as well, for the reasons Truman stated. Additionally, IRL Chief Justices are picked by the President (to say, separately from Associate Justices), and an extra element of realism in the game is always a nice touch.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 01:18:12 PM »

Yes, this Constitution is how we're saving Atlasia. I'm completely fine with people disagreeing about how to do it, but this is a document that will do far more good than bad, and it will not fail because Atlasia needs it to succeed. Those of us who want to play Atlasia, such as myself, Truman, and many others, will make it succeed, and those who disagree...well, why would you care if you don't want to participate anymore? Rhetorical question, of course, because we had that debate last year. Again, the results were conclusive.

I would be inclined to support (A) as well, for the reasons Truman stated. Additionally, IRL Chief Justices are picked by the President (to say, separately from Associate Justices), and an extra element of realism in the game is always a nice touch.

Yeah, they are picked by the President, and the difference of A and B didn't change that. The question was about the retention of the current justices (bgwah, TJ, and windjammer).

I was referring to selection of the Chief Justice.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »

^^^ lol, 's ok
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix