'Hookers for Hillary' Announce "Benefits'' They'll be offering her supporters...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:51:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  'Hookers for Hillary' Announce "Benefits'' They'll be offering her supporters...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 'Hookers for Hillary' Announce "Benefits'' They'll be offering her supporters...  (Read 4299 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 12:54:57 PM »

Clearly Hillary's campaign is the epitome of feminism... Roll Eyes

Well, yes. Allowing women to have their own agency and the choice of their own career path is a pretty big pinnacle of feminism.

Antonio believes that the government telling women who they can and cannot have sex with is the pinnacle of feminism for some reason.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 01:20:45 PM »

Well, yes. Allowing women to have their own agency and the choice of their own career path is a pretty big pinnacle of feminism.

Antonio believes that the government telling women who they can and cannot have sex with is the pinnacle of feminism for some reason.

Gotta love this organization.

ookers for illary
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »

Reading some of the comments here only just reminded me that prostitution is still taboo in the rest of the US.  You guys are quaint. Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 01:39:42 PM »

Reading some of the comments here only just reminded me that prostitution is still taboo in the rest of the US.  You guys are quaint. Smiley

tbf like half the people complaining are foreigners (Cassius, Tony, etc)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 01:59:59 PM »

Really having a hard time understanding the moral outrage here. It's a discount or a free throw--who cares why? The real, shall we say, "moral threat" would be the prostitution itself, which already exists, am I wrong? Since it's already here, might as well save some money at least. Good for these girls for being assertive.

Men lying for sex is as American as apple pie.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »

Really having a hard time understanding the moral outrage here. It's a discount or a free throw--who cares why? The real, shall we say, "moral threat" would be the prostitution itself, which already exists, am I wrong? Since it's already here, might as well save some money at least. Good for these girls for being assertive.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »

Yeah it's bizarre. Trying to attack Hillary on this from the left is a total embarrassment.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 03:24:34 PM »

tbf like half the people complaining are foreigners (Cassius, Tony, etc)

True.  Tony probably believes that Nevada's brothel workers are exactly the same as heroin-addicted streetwalkers with abusive pimps anywhere else.  And the right-wingers are part of the "sex is bad" caucus, of course.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »

"We need to restrict women's rights to pursue career paths of their choosing because the epitome of women's rights is to restrict them from doing what they choose to do because we just can't have this icky stuff happening." - Antonio.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 03:29:07 PM »

Damn. I was hoping Blowjobs for Bernie would have caught on sooner.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »

Obviously I didn't expect this forum to understand anything about feminist theory.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 03:52:49 PM »

Obviously I didn't expect this forum to understand anything about feminist theory.

Well, logically, if women are forced into prostitution, then of course that's horrible and needs to be remedied. But in the case of these women, it seemed as if they chose it with their own free will.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 04:07:15 PM »

FF
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »

Unethical, despicable freaks. Nothing but pure vote buying and sexual impurity!!!!!!!! If I was the DNC Chair, I would disqualify Hillary for allowing these actions to exist! If there's a similar group for Sanders, then disqualify him and nominate Biden, Kerry or O'Malley via smoke-filled room. Prostitution cannot exist!!!!!

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »

Unethical, despicable freaks. Nothing but pure vote buying and sexual impurity!!!!!!!! If I was the DNC Chair, I would disqualify Hillary for allowing these actions to exist! If there's a similar group for Sanders, then disqualify him and nominate Biden, Kerry or O'Malley via smoke-filled room. Prostitution cannot exist!!!!!

LOL, good parody of the pearl-clutching Jesus freaks.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »

Perhaps these brothel workers could explain it to you too, if only you were able to make the journey into rural Nevada and unplug your ears so you could listen to all the icky gross sex talk.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »

So no one else here studied feminist theory? OK.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »

I mean, if you genuinely can't understand why what is discussed in this thread at least *could* represent a problem in a feminist perspective, then yeah, you clearly lack some basic notions.

To what extent that it the case vs people just being snarky trolls for the sake of it, I can't know.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 04:59:54 PM »

I mean, if you genuinely can't understand why what is discussed in this thread at least *could* represent a problem in a feminist perspective, then yeah, you clearly lack some basic notions.

To what extent that it the case vs people just being snarky trolls for the sake of it, I can't know.

It could be considered anti-feminist if somebody set them up to do this, but they appear to have not only gotten into prostitution on their own free will, but also set up Hookers For Hillary on their own free will.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »

Prostitution is a very vexing issue for a lot of feminist practitioners. The issue being is that there is not one feminism, it's a complex set of ideas, like all theories of politics and sociology and political economy. How it comes out in the wash with women who regard themselves as feminists is very different to the academic view.

But yes, this would be a challenging view for many feminists, but at the same time, present only a few issues for others.

A friend of mine, who is a writer on feminist issues among others, used to be a prostitute. She doesn't advocate for it as a career, but at the same time, she doesn't regret having done it and doesn't see it as counter to the views she held then or now. So, that's only anecdotal.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »

These hookers are very high energy.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »

Why prostitution is still illegal in the 21st century.....who knows?
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »

Because prostitution is immoral and deeply damaging to both of the parties who engage in it.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2016, 05:26:19 PM »

By 2020 this will be an integral aspect of any decent political campaig that hopes to succeed. Attractive Americans of any gender will be recruited en masse to hang round polling stations and do their thang.

(And they certainly are probably worth a lot more votes per buck than hiring those terrible campaign consultants.)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2016, 05:27:29 PM »

Because prostitution is immoral and deeply damaging to both of the parties who engage in it.

That's the choice between the woman and the man or who ever involved, if it is legalized and procedures are in place to prevent transmissions of diseases I don't see a problem there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies