Vermont’s Black Leaders: "We Were Invisible to Sanders"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:30:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Vermont’s Black Leaders: "We Were Invisible to Sanders"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Vermont’s Black Leaders: "We Were Invisible to Sanders"  (Read 5726 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody with programming knowledge could create a script to find negative news about Sanders and post it to this board, and create another script to find polls showing Sanders doing well and posting an excuse. Both would be virtually indistinguishable from Landslide Lyndon here.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »

Yea, here's a montage of Bernie paying no mind to issues facing the black community.

[snip]

And according to the U.S. Census, there are roughly 3,500 black people in Vermont as of 2010, living in possibly the most progressive state in the country.  What exactly did you want him to do to "reach out" beyond being on the right side of just about every issue?  

This is getting a little ugly, but you knew it was coming.  I'm just glad the wink-wink-Jew card isn't being thrown around and rather it just some strawman argument that making income inequality a theme means you are inherently ignorant of other issues.

All of this is irrelevant as Sanders does not support reparations. It was never about civil rights. Bernie could have literally cradled MLK in his arms as King died and it wouldn't matter to these people.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 07:51:01 PM »

I truly believe Sanders doesn't actually care about the problems in the AA community...

and Clinton does?
I actually do believe that Clinton cares deeply about the racial inequalities that persist in our society, and that her record of helping the disadvantaged, especially children living in poverty, shows her dedication to helping people of color. Let's not pretend that her education reforms in Arkansas or the Children's Health Insurance Program didn't disproportionately help black children. Honestly, I don't know how you could look at Clinton and say that she simply doesn't care; her entire career screams otherwise.

What about after Arkansas? How about the 90s when Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton both lobbied for the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act which was essentially the three strikes bill. During Clinton's Presidency African Americans got increasingly incarcerated compared to any other president. Not to mention Hillary calling blacks "Super Predators". It just shows she is another bought politician that will pander to whatever is popular at the moment.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:01 PM »

Pictures don't mean a thing, especially considering that there have been a few pictures placing Sanders where he was never at, like in Selma and leading a sit in at a college. The lies and misrepresentations being floated are only making things worse for Sanders.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 07:54:32 PM »

Pictures don't mean a thing, especially considering that there have been a few pictures placing Sanders where he was never at, like in Selma and leading a sit in at a college. The lies and misrepresentations being floated are only making things worse for Sanders.

I may be wrong here, but that picture was never proven to be fake. The photographer of the Selma picture also himself said that the man in the picture was Sanders. Nice try, though.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 07:54:37 PM »

Yea, here's a montage of Bernie paying no mind to issues facing the black community.

[snip]

And according to the U.S. Census, there are roughly 3,500 black people in Vermont as of 2010, living in possibly the most progressive state in the country.  What exactly did you want him to do to "reach out" beyond being on the right side of just about every issue?  

This is getting a little ugly, but you knew it was coming.  I'm just glad the wink-wink-Jew card isn't being thrown around and rather it just some strawman argument that making income inequality a theme means you are inherently ignorant of other issues.

All of this is irrelevant as Sanders does not support reparations. It was never about civil rights. Bernie could have literally cradled MLK in his arms as King died and it wouldn't matter to these people.

Does Hillary support reparations? Has this ever been asked to her? Also this post is quite sickening this is becoming a center right establishment forum. This is a silly thread of course Bernie cares about the AA community.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »

You know the Hillbots are getting desperate when...

When what kid? Posting articles that are unflattering to your man-crush?

Well, usually you posting an article kind of discredits its credibility and neutrality right off the bat.

Gotta love that avatar.  I'm cool with Indy avatars who clearly support one side, but I think you keep it to give you some type of credibility/not reveal your bias right away.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 07:55:27 PM »

I truly believe Sanders doesn't actually care about the problems in the AA community...

and Clinton does?
I actually do believe that Clinton cares deeply about the racial inequalities that persist in our society, and that her record of helping the disadvantaged, especially children living in poverty, shows her dedication to helping people of color. Let's not pretend that her education reforms in Arkansas or the Children's Health Insurance Program didn't disproportionately help black children. Honestly, I don't know how you could look at Clinton and say that she simply doesn't care; her entire career screams otherwise.

And Sanders' aims, whether or not you think they are realistic, wouldn't disproportionately help the black community?  
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »

You sir are a liar.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 07:56:45 PM »

Well, usually you posting an article kind of discredits its credibility and neutrality right off the bat.

If you're judging the credibility of an article based on who posted it then you're even more stupid than I thought.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2016, 07:56:58 PM »

Gotta love that avatar.  I'm cool with Indy avatars who clearly support one side, but I think you keep it to give you some type of credibility/not reveal your bias right away.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Lyndon is some kind of computer program designed to post negative articles about Sanders and make excuses about polls showing Sanders doing well. People make big deals about Berniebots, but Sanders hate is quite literally the only thing I have ever seen Lyndon do on this forum.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »

I may be wrong here, but that picture was never proven to be fake. The photographer of the Selma picture also himself said that the man in the picture was Sanders. Nice try, though.

Sanders was never in Selma, even he has never said that, but his supporters claimed that. As for the sit in, the man in the picture was not Sanders and several people stated that it wasn't. Sanders initially claimed he wasn't sure and apparently now he says for sure that it was him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2016, 07:58:01 PM »

You sir are a liar.

I'm not the one lying here.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »

I wish Sanders was more honest about his role in civil rights, which tbh, was not that big, he does seem very condescending towards the African American community by just repeating his one-issue campaign theme instead of truly addressing their issues.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Lyndon is some kind of computer program designed to post negative articles about Sanders and make excuses about polls showing Sanders doing well. People make big deals about Berniebots, but Sanders hate is quite literally the only thing I have ever seen Lyndon do on this forum.

It's the second time in a few minutes that you post the same thing. It seems to me that you're a bot.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »

If you're judging the credibility of an article based on who posted it then you're even more stupid than I thought.

LOL, I'm judging the article on how stupid its text was; I'm judging you by what a troll-like hack poster you are.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2016, 08:01:05 PM »

Difference Is I admit my bias. Landslide Lyndon, Ebsy and Invisible Obama are all Hillary hacks with no Hillary symbols to seem as though they are non-bias even though they are the biggest hacks on the forum.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2016, 08:03:16 PM »

Difference Is I admit my bias. Landslide Lyndon, Ebsy and Invisible Obama are all Hillary hacks with no Hillary symbols to seem as though they are non-bias even though they are the biggest hacks on the forum.

And you're the most annoying Bernie hack here. What's your point?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »

You sir are a liar.

I'm not the one lying here.

PICTURES DON'T MEAN ANYTHING HE WAS NEVER THERE I SWEARRRR. Ok Alex Jones.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2016, 08:05:13 PM »

And you're the most annoying Bernie hack here. What's your point?

I know I'm very annoying I defend my candidate how dare I.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »

PC, you're becoming hysterical right now...calm down.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 08:06:03 PM »

It's the second time in a few minutes that you post the same thing. It seems to me that you're a bot.

Anybody who's spent more than a few minutes on this forum can confirm that I'm not a bot, due to the fact that I actually do things other than hate on Hillary Clinton. On the other hand, Sanders hate is the only thing you ever do.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 08:06:55 PM »

I wonder why ProgressiveCanadian is so obsessed with Sanders.  Shouldn't he be shilling for his fellow Canadian, Ted Cruz?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 08:09:38 PM by ProgressiveCanadian »

PC, you're becoming hysterical right now...calm down.

I'm pretty sure it was you who attacked me first.

Anybody who's spent more than a few minutes on this forum can confirm that I'm not a bot, due to the fact that I actually do things other than hate on Hillary Clinton. On the other hand, Sanders hate is the only thing you ever do.

Agreed. As much as i disagree with you your not a bot.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »

I wonder why ProgressiveCanadian is so obsessed with Sanders.  Shouldn't he be shilling for his fellow Canadian, Ted Cruz?

He has a thing for 74 year old upstate Jewish men.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies