Environmentalists Seek to Defeat Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:56:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Environmentalists Seek to Defeat Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Environmentalists Seek to Defeat Bush  (Read 6357 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2004, 11:31:54 AM »

Regarding Auto Emissions I believe their should be none. Florida has no auto emissions regulations and we are getting along fine without them. Regarding oil drilling and refining. I believe their should be regulations but not so tight as to basically keep plants or drills shut down. I believe they should be monitored so the enviroment around the refineries or drills isn't badly affected.
bejkuy

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2004, 02:33:05 PM »

Environmentalist have decimated the timber industry in the Northwest.  Thanks.

Half of all lumber mills in Oregon closed their doors in the 90's.

The jobs were sent to B.C. and are plentiful trees are set to burn.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2004, 06:37:57 PM »

Regarding Auto Emissions I believe their should be none. Florida has no auto emissions regulations and we are getting along fine without them. Regarding oil drilling and refining. I believe their should be regulations but not so tight as to basically keep plants or drills shut down. I believe they should be monitored so the enviroment around the refineries or drills isn't badly affected.

Umm ... if all 50 states (or a majority of them) were to remove their auto emissions regulations you would likely see a change.  Right now the auto makers design vehicles to meet the needs of the majority of consumers.  If they could cut out emissions requirements to make a cheaper car they would.  And odds are we'd feel it.

Secondly, I agree with you regarding environmental standards regarding drilling and refineries.  They should be monitored and if it is badly affected, they should be shut down.  I believe that is where we are at right now.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2004, 10:08:23 PM »

Don't get me started on this one.  Yesterday I had to have my car "smogged" (californiaspeak for letting some kid jump behind the wheel and rev it up to 25 mph and stick a long probe up my tailpipe to see what comes out)  Cost me eighty dollars.  (PLUS TAX!  which in california adds up to about five million dollars)  Anyway, while I was there I saw this sign on the wall about how if you're really poor they can get you a freebie smog.  Now, think about that!  In the most prosperous nation's most prosperous second-order political subdivision, our public transit system is so pathetic that we gotta give eighty-something dollars a year to anyone who says they have no job but likes to drive!  Surreal.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2004, 01:48:56 AM »

Secondly, I agree with you regarding environmental standards regarding drilling and refineries.  They should be monitored and if it is badly affected, they should be shut down.  I believe that is where we are at right now.

Why have no refineries been built in the U.S. for over 15 years? Why are oil wells in Texas sitting still? The only tactic I can see with this whole thing is to suck the world dry of their oil and then use ours as a last resort.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies