Why do men (even liberal ones) hate Hillary Clinton?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 04:57:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why do men (even liberal ones) hate Hillary Clinton?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why do men (even liberal ones) hate Hillary Clinton?  (Read 6235 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2016, 08:51:01 AM »

As polls have shown, males hate Hillary. There is a huge gender gap in the polls (in both GE and primary polls). Males support Sanders over Hillary by an incredibly large margin. Even in the GE polls, a huge gender gap is seen. Women overwhelmingly support Hillary over TRUMP/Cruz/Rubio/etc, but males support TRUMP/Cruz/Rubio/etc over Hillary. There is a huuge gender gap like we've never seen before. Hillary is hated by men so much. Trump/Cruz/Rubio/etc crushes Hillary with men.

This means that there are a significant amount of males who supported Obama in 2012 and are now supporting the GOP candidate in 2016.Obama actually did alright with male voters, while Hillary is doing awfully with them. Describe a Obama 2012/GOP 2016 voter? Tongue

Why do men hate Hillary so much? Is it because she's a women? Is it because men see her as a corrupt person (while women don't)? I see no reasonable arguement as to why an Obama 2012 voter would vote for the GOP in 2016.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:53:08 AM »

Certainly not; in a male D vs. female R race the R still receives a higher % of the male vote than of the female vote.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 09:04:26 AM »

I don't hate her, I love her. I guess you're talking about TenderBranson.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:08:26 AM »

I like all the Clintons very much, I just happen to think Sanders is better on certain issues.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »

1) Some of it is probably sexism,
2) some of it is that Hillary is just a very uncharismatic candidate compared to figures like Obama and men find the "vote for the first woman" angle less compelling,
3) some of it is the (partially fair, partially unfair) public perception of Clinton's untrustworthy character.

But I think overall liberal men honestly don't hate Hilldog, especially liberal Democrats.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:38:24 AM »

I probably hate her husband more, but I am sick of the Clintons in general.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 09:42:26 AM »

I do not believe she is at all sincere is her promises to push a progressive agenda, and I'm backed up by her history as an obvious pandering opportunist.  She only embraces progressive policies when it becomes expedient.  Essentially, she's this type of friend to progressives; shows up late to the party after everyone is there and then acts like she threw it.  It has nothing to do with sexism.  I'd back Warren in a heartbeat, maybe even over Bernie.

Boils down to this; I don't like her and I don't trust her.  These are allowed to be factors in my decision.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:09 AM »

It's basically teenagers who see her as a nagging mom figure, telling them to stop playing video games and to eat their vegetables.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 10:25:04 AM »

It's basically teenagers who see her as a nagging mom figure, telling them to stop playing video games and to eat their vegetables.

It's also that she's a feminist (or "FemiNazi") icon, who refuses to let the aggressive and unstable white men who dominate American politics bully her or stop her from going forward with her own goals.

aka

SHE'S A SKETCHY BITCH
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 10:26:35 AM »

lol
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 10:30:20 AM »

I don't hate her, although I don't particularly like her either. The problem is that she comes across as a bit too opportunistic and unauthentic. Sort of a female, Democratic version of Mitt Romney.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »

It's also that she's a feminist (or "FemiNazi") icon, who refuses to let the aggressive and unstable white men who dominate American politics bully her or stop her from going forward with her own goals.

aka

SHE'S A SKETCHY BITCH
^
Exactly this. I've seen so many people on the internet with the type of mindset you just described. It's funny because a lot of people on the Internet who criticize Hillary for being a "FemiNazi" tend to be liberals who support Sanders.

TRUMP has a great relationship with the females. TRUMP has always had a great relationship with the females.
skoods
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 10:39:19 AM »

I'm a liberal man who voted for her in the 08 primary and will again on Super Tuesday. So, I think you're wrong
elcorazon

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 10:42:38 AM »

It's mostly sexism. But it's not overt. Most people can't quite articulate why they dislike Hillary and to the extent they can, they can't distinguish their feelings from how they feel about male politicians with similar faults. Plus, she's not that great of a politician. I like her though, although I find Bernie more appealing. I'll probably vote Hillary in the end, but still haven't decided.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 11:07:42 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2016, 11:11:31 AM by EliteLX »

It's from the robot & disingenuous personality problem she has. I'm surrounded by millennials constantly and it's why they think she's ridiculous.

She literally always sounds like she is lying, speaking out of the ass to pander to people, or speaking out a rehearsed script her crew wrote her up about "muh vagina!". Almost more-so than Rubes, except without the female concept. She doesn't seem to actually care about you and I and it shines through with nearly 2/3rds of Americans. She believes she is entitled to sit in the White House.

If you listen to her in contrast with Barack, it's such a world of difference. As said above, Hillary has a poor politician character. She has snake lips.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 11:11:31 AM »

speaking out a rehearsed script her crew wrote her up about "muh vagina!"

Classy!
elcorazon

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 11:15:15 AM »

It's from the robot & disingenuous personality problem she has. I'm surrounded by millennials constantly and it's why they think she's ridiculous.

She literally always sounds like she is lying, speaking out of the ass to pander to people, or speaking out a rehearsed script her crew wrote her up about "muh vagina!". Almost more-so than Rubes, except without the female concept. She doesn't seem to actually care about you and I and it shines through with nearly 2/3rds of Americans. She believes she is entitled to sit in the White House.

If you listen to her in contrast with Barack, it's such a world of difference. As said above, Hillary has a poor politician character. She has snake lips.
THIS is pretty much equivalent to sexism (Obama is a transcendent politician, but most male politicians have similar problems and at least those who agree with them, tend to let them go...but not Hillary!)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »

As a two-time Obama voter (wasn't old enough for the 08 primaries but rooted heavily for Obama over Clinton) who can't stand Hillary, I think the Romney comparison is pretty apt. She's a very transparently political person who appears to care only about advancing her own political ambitions, convictions be damned (the few convictions she does seem to have are pretty nasty, too). She's gotten much worse this time around, jettisoning many of her views from 2008 to pander to progressives and to play up the identity politics angle. I would only vote for her in an emergency scenario (i.e. Cruz or maybe Rubio get nominated).
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 12:55:19 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2016, 01:02:07 PM by EliteLX »

speaking out a rehearsed script her crew wrote her up about "muh vagina!"

Classy!

I put it harshly for a reason. Where do you think we are, a restaurant? I'm on a virtual political discussion board. Not like it isn't the truth either, not really sorry about some hurt feelings.

THIS is pretty much equivalent to sexism (Obama is a transcendent politician, but most male politicians have similar problems and at least those who agree with them, tend to let them go...but not Hillary!)

What are you honestly talking about, lol.

Quit hiding behind sexist accusations as soon as Hillary is rejected. My point has literally zero correlation with her gender, you're pulling it right out of your feelings. Obama's one perk was that he could speak in a genuine tone, just as many women can. Hillary can't if it required her life. She even sounds like she's lying just talking general discussion and it's reinforced by her past of generally shady actions and behavior.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 12:59:51 PM »

It's from the robot & disingenuous personality problem she has.

Obligatory robotic persona explanation article:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2015/12/saying_nice_things_about_hillary_clinton_has_become_a_subversive_act.html

It's worth a read, and I can vouch that no matter what ya'll may think, women do get treated differently in some of these respects. Clinton definitely has it worse, though, but at least some of her behavior is understandable with the right context.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 01:00:25 PM »

I wouldn't say it's completely unique to men. But yes, more men hate Hillary than women.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 01:00:47 PM »

It must feel nice to use ageism to argue against sexism, but there are older men who hate her too.

Anyway, it's a combination of most of the factors mentioned in this thread.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »

As someone who would have voted for Obama if I had been egilible in 2012, I can shed some light on the Obama/GOP men thing:

1. Both Hillary and Romney are flip-flopping liars with no real convictions who like to bend the rules - Romney on Taxes, Hillary on emails
2. Both Hillary and Romney are very hawkish, much more so than Obama.
3. Romney failed to give specifics on most issues and seemed more fiscally liberal than Obama at times.
4. Romney referred to those who didn't vote for him as helpless victims, no one running now does that.
5. Natural desire for change after a two-term president
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 02:04:29 PM »

Hillary has literally argued that she can't be considered part of the Washington establishment because she's a woman. To anyone that actually believes in equality of the sexes, that's f**king bulls**t.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies