Jim Davis and Scott Madoxx
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:28:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim Davis and Scott Madoxx
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jim Davis and Scott Madoxx  (Read 1070 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2005, 04:45:08 PM »

They seem to be the dem. frontrunners for dem. nomination for gov. of florida.  Do ether of them have a chance?  why or why not?
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:26:34 PM »

Having parents who are very involved in FL politics, I get to interact with candidates regularly.

The most likely GOP nominee is Charlie Crist, but could also be Tom Gallahger.  Both are pretty much the same, anyway.

Davis and Maddox have different strengths.  They are sorta like Joe Lieberman and Howard Dean.  Jim Davis is moderate but uncharismatic, and Scott Maddox is very liberal but charismatic.

Maddox also has a few skeletons in his closet.  Davis can provide a moderate voting record and an all-American, honest lifestyle.

I think that Davis will win the Dem nomination, and will do better than Maddox, possibly win.

In a Crist vs. Davis race, both would get at least 47%.  I think that it would be fought vigorously, but Crist would pull out at the end with a victory of either 50% to 49% or 51% to 48%.

In a Gallagher vs. Davis case, Davis would do better.  Gallagher has less name recognition than Attorney General Crist.  I think that would be a Davis victory of about 51% to 48%, maybe 52% to 47%.

In a Crist vs. Maddox race, Crist would have a big leg up.  He would capitalize on Maddox's questionable past and his very liberal views.  Maddox would use a barnstorming campaign, sorta Trumanesque, to fire up the state.  I think that it would be a Crist victory of either 53% to 46% or 52% to 47%.

The Gallagher vs. Maddox race would be the closest one.  I think Gallagher would focus on the same things Crist would, but less effectively, while Maddox would wage the same, barnstorming campaign.  I think that it would be 50% to 49% with either candidate winning.

Other candidates on both sides are most likely not going to win, but they are Toni Jennings and Rod Smith.  Each would lose to the frontrunners of the other side.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

Garfield endorses Davis... It's all over!
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 03:43:55 AM »

Ben,

Thanks for your analysis.  It makes me feel somewhat better about the race because I've been concerned that the Dems would get trounced no matter what.  So Davis does have hope.

Now, I'd be curious to know more about the dynamics of the Republican primary.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 01:05:41 PM »

Crist will win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies