Misheard Song Lyrics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:17:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Misheard Song Lyrics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Misheard Song Lyrics  (Read 7066 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »

Haha.  I think everybody hears that one.  jmfcst had a thread like this about five years ago and that's what I posted there.  ("wrapped up like a douche and other roller in the night...")

I used to think Santana was singing "Oye como va, peligro, buey no pago ser helado."

("hey, how's it going?  dangerous dude, I won't pay to be the ice cream")

I thought it was a strange lyric.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »

There's also a line that I (and some others I know) heard as "And little early birdie kept my anus curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride."

The real line is "And little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride."

I heard "Little early birdie gave my anus curl a whorley" for a long time, till I finally looked up.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »

Yes, it's actually the Calliope crashed to the ground.  I'd been hearing the song for 20 years before I looked up the lyrics, then it was on that cocaine-dealer move that I illegally downloaded on KaZaA back when you could still bootleg movies from there, about ten years ago, and I looked up the lyrics.  Another runner in the night?  What the hell is that?  Anyway, I studied the lyrics and decided it was all meant to be sort of like Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky.  Well, maybe not exactly like Jabberwocky, because Jabberwocky is really just jabberwocky, but maybe more like a play by Sartre, or a James Joyce poem, or a campaign speech from Sarah Palin. 

I'm an old boring guy now.  Still like the song. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies