Attn: Mideastern region residents

(1/4) > >>

Fmr. Gov. NickG:
I would like to discuss three important issues with my fellow Mideasterners (residents of DC, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, OH, VA, WV, and WI).

- I am announcing my candidacy for Governor of the Mideastern region.

Although the region is predominantly Democratic in fantasy registration, it is also the home to many of the great third-party candidacies in history (LaFollette from Wisconsin, Debs from Indiana, John Anderson from Illinois).  
In that spirit, I hope I can unite Democrats and Progressives in our fundamentally common goals.
I will lay out more policy positions as the election approaches, and am happy to take any of your questions as to my stances on the issues important to you.

- In that same spirit of unity, I am endorsing the following Mideast residents in this week's Senate elections:
  - Beet (D-MD) in the Mideastern region
  - DemRepDan (D-IL) in District 3
  - Write-In: Michael Z (D-DC) in District 2
I urge all Democrats and Progressives to support these three active and respected members of our forum.

I am also today endorsing the re-election campaign of the Mideast's own Nym90 for President.  (This is my own personal endorsement, and not necessarily that of the Progressive Party).    Although Nym has not been as active on the forum as some would like,  he has lead the forum in the right direction, and helped create order where there was chaos.  He deserves a chance to show what he can do now that we will have a Constitution and a Senate.

- Whether or not you support my candidacy for Governor, we as a region need to decide when to have the election.

I propose we have the first election on May 14-16 for an abbreviated, three-month term.  After that, the Governor should serve four month terms, with the election dates corresponding to the Senate midterm elections in late August, December, and April.  

The filing and registration deadline for this election should be 10 days before it begins.  In the case of the first election, this would be May 4th.

Mideasterners, please respond to this thread and give your opinion about when and how the election will take place, whether you agree with my proposal or have a counter-proposal.  

I hope to get everyone's vote in the race, but it is even more important that we develop a consensus to get this election off the ground.  This is a first step to developing the pride and unique character our great Mideastern region deserves.

Thanks for your time and support,

Nick Goedert

Dave from Michigan:
are any republicans running

Fmr. Gov. NickG:

I think I am the first candidate to announce, but seeing as how there is no election date yet, that's not surprising.

Platypus:
thanks for the endoresement :S

Fmr. Gov. NickG:

Sorry...I need to edit my message; Iowa is not in the Mideastern region...I meant Indiana.

For what it's worth, I endorse you in your race, Hugh, but I cannot vote for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page