DRAFT (Insert Leftist Here) FOR PRESIDENT!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:35:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DRAFT (Insert Leftist Here) FOR PRESIDENT!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: DRAFT (Insert Leftist Here) FOR PRESIDENT!  (Read 3675 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2005, 10:51:15 PM »

I wouldn't mind running if yall want me to, but:

Akno is a fine candidate with experience and likeability.  Yes, like Harry, he has some scandals in his past.  But, unlike Harry, I don't think the scandal has permanently stigmatized Akno to the same degree.  And even with his scandals, look at how close Harry came to winning the Presidential election last time around.  Akno would make a fine candidate and a fine President, with or without the aura that surrounds IrishDem.

my reputation has been unfairly shot, thanks mostly to a certain poster who just left.

But, I'd like to run; it'd be fun.  But more important, I want the Left to get united behind SOMEONE.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2005, 10:57:02 PM »

Of course NO ONE ever wants to draft me for anything Sad

Aren't you running for Senate already? Tongue
yup
Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2005, 10:58:48 PM »

Pulling a StatesRights, are we? Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2005, 04:37:35 AM »

Gabu, Siege, Ilikeverin, or Akno.  All are great potential candidates, and would have a shot at winning come election day.  But no protest candidates, I don't want to vote for someone and then suddenly have no idea about what's going on again Smiley.
Admit it, you're just jealous. Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2005, 04:38:29 AM »

Give the poor guy a break.  You're making it sound like he can never hold elected office again.  So he lied?  Big deal, it's not like he killed a guy.  Plus, I'm not a big fan of effectively banning people from fantasy government because they made a mistake.

Edit: except maybe Naso.

Akno is Atlasia's biggest crook but don't ban him. Ban Naso instead. It's ashame that even until this day some refuse to be fair.

(whistles)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2005, 05:37:39 AM »

seems it's
Soulty
Dibble
King
JFK
Phil
unless a lefty joins the race Sad
GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! GA-BU!!! I support the member who lives a short walk away from me in real life. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2005, 08:37:49 AM »

With Akno, I just have a feeling he's had schemes in the past that he tried to use. It wouldn't surprise me if he came up with the idea to create another account. He was the campaign manager.

Care to back that up?  You can't go spreading stuff about somebody with "I have a feeling" as the evidence.

Also, if Akno is a 'crook', then Naso is just as much of one.  Even if neither of their 'crimes' was actually illegal in Atlasia at the time.  And if Akno lied about what Flyers did, who really cares?

Despite my joking statement about Naso, I honestly wouldn't mind if both tried to rejoin fantasy government.  Or George W. Bush/Zzzbot for that matter, who you barely seemed to care about.
skybridge
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

The collapse of the traditional left in Atlasia has been really amazing. 

It'll probably resurrect itself sometime in the near future, but seeing where it was 4 months ago to now, hard to believe.

The left was at its apex 8 months ago. From September to October they controlled the Senate and JFK approved their radical legislation in exchange for the energy bill to pass. PBrunsel was our Ronald Reagan, ending the leftists dominance.

Wait a minute! That's when I joined!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2005, 02:48:14 PM »

I think the difference between me and Naso is that I actually would know what I am doing if I got elected to something, while Naso obviously had no clue whatsoever.

In any event, I have no plans to run at this time, or in the immediate future.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2005, 03:18:01 PM »

It'll probably resurrect itself sometime in the near future, but seeing where it was 4 months ago to now, hard to believe.

The left was at its apex 8 months ago. From September to October they controlled the Senate and JFK approved their radical legislation in exchange for the energy bill to pass. PBrunsel was our Ronald Reagan, ending the leftists dominance.

It's all YOUR fault! Surprise
skybridge
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2005, 04:14:54 PM »

It's all YOUR fault! Surprise

Shocked
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2005, 04:39:35 PM »

Just to set the record straight, Red Button, who was a part of the flood of Democrats who registered before the election, was a friend of mine who I pointed to the forums.  When I pointed him here I pushed him to register to vote ASAP.  Unfortunately, a friend of mine who I thought would make a valuable member of the community forgot about Atlasia within a week, and I decided it would be immoral to point him to the site again.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2005, 04:46:24 PM »

Just to set the record straight, Red Button, who was a part of the flood of Democrats who registered before the election, was a friend of mine who I pointed to the forums.  When I pointed him here I pushed him to register to vote ASAP.  Unfortunately, a friend of mine who I thought would make a valuable member of the community forgot about Atlasia within a week, and I decided it would be immoral to point him to the site again.

Thanks for bringing an end to one of the great Atlasian political mysteries.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2005, 04:50:04 PM »

With Akno, I just have a feeling he's had schemes in the past that he tried to use. It wouldn't surprise me if he came up with the idea to create another account. He was the campaign manager.

Care to back that up?  You can't go spreading stuff about somebody with "I have a feeling" as the evidence.

Also, if Akno is a 'crook', then Naso is just as much of one.  Even if neither of their 'crimes' was actually illegal in Atlasia at the time.  And if Akno lied about what Flyers did, who really cares?

Despite my joking statement about Naso, I honestly wouldn't mind if both tried to rejoin fantasy government.  Or George W. Bush/Zzzbot for that matter, who you barely seemed to care about.

It wasn't just a feeling, Joe. Akno was campaign manager and lied about activities both he and Flyers knew were wrong. Yes, he's a crook.

As for George W. Bush/Zzzzbot, I did make a statement, I believe. I remember saying something about being thrilled that I didn't endorse him (when I was considering it). The difference was that he left.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2005, 04:51:13 PM »

I think the difference between me and Naso is that I actually would know what I am doing if I got elected to something, while Naso obviously had no clue whatsoever.

Yet you are the sneak and the liar. Naso was a bad Senator who had no idea what he was doing but atleast he didn't try to cover up things.
Defarge

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2005, 04:53:19 PM »

Had I known it was a political mystery I would have said this a long time ago.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2005, 04:54:31 PM »

That doesn't matter. Atleast it's out and everyone knows. I was just talking about Red Button a few days ago and thought that Flyers had something to do with it. I stand corrected.
Defarge

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2005, 04:58:34 PM »

That doesn't matter. Atleast it's out and everyone knows. I was just talking about Red Button a few days ago and thought that Flyers had something to do with it. I stand corrected.
My apologies for not coming out earlier.  Especially to Irishdem, if it has been wrongly assumed all these months that he created Red Button.  I'll be damned if someone who is already scandal-ridden gets blamed for something which I did.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »

Two questions, Phil.

1. The next time there's any kind of mystery surrounding possible voter fraud or whatever, will you assume Flyers or Akno had something to do with it, like you did with Red Button?

2. If Flyers and Akno both had blue avatars and hadn't shared deep arguments with you about various unrelated issues (e.g. PA-13 with Flyers), would you still be aggressively calling them crooks and liars, and unfit to ever hold office again?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2005, 05:18:10 PM »

Two questions, Phil.

1. The next time there's any kind of mystery surrounding possible voter fraud or whatever, will you assume Flyers or Akno had something to do with it, like you did with Red Button?

2. If Flyers and Akno both had blue avatars and hadn't shared deep arguments with you about various unrelated issues (e.g. PA-13 with Flyers), would you still be aggressively calling them crooks and liars, and unfit to ever hold office again?

1) No because there is no Flyers involvement in Fantasy politics and Akno has seem the effects. The reason why I assumed it was Flyers was because there was an unusual spike in Dem registrations and I believe the first post by Red Button was a registration.

2) If this was done by anyone of my party, I'd be ashamed and would call them the same things. In fact, though I am not Chairman of the ACA right now, I would call for them to be banned from the ACA.

I do love these arguments though. Look at the amount of people that go after me for going after Flyers yet always want to kind of brush aside what he did. I'll always remember when he went into a fit, calling me a supporter of Plutocracy and a hater of the fact that liberals registered in Atlasia when I questioned the GirlGoneWild account. And where's the real anger over that? It's gone. I don't want to constantly bring up this situation. I hate arguing about it. However, we have to keep this situation in our memories and make sure that it never happens again.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2005, 05:18:58 PM »

Yet you are the sneak and the liar. Naso was a bad Senator who had no idea what he was doing but atleast he didn't try to cover up things.

But Naso ended up hurting more people, the residents of his district, due to his not voting than I did by lying about something that didn't effect anyone (Since IrishDem confessed, deleted GGW, and dropped out before the election).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2005, 05:20:57 PM »

But Naso ended up hurting more people, the residents of his district, due to his not voting than I did by lying about something that didn't effect anyone (Since IrishDem confessed, deleted GGW, and dropped out before the election).

You would have hurt your constituents, Mr. Akno, by refusing to come out about the situation. When the voters don't know those things, it's just as bad as a Senator who didn't vote.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »

I believe the first post by Red Button was a registration.

Actually, it was his Last Post
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2005, 05:23:35 PM »

You would have hurt your constituents, Mr. Akno, by refusing to come out about the situation. When the voters don't know those things, it's just as bad as a Senator who didn't vote.

Given the choice between being underrepresented in dealings of great importance or being in the dark about something that happened 3 months prior, I'll take the latter, though neither is option is good.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2005, 05:25:18 PM »

I believe the first post by Red Button was a registration.

Actually, it was his Last Post

I knew it was one of the two!  Smiley

Anyway, it was significant because it all happened in one day, if I'm not mistaken. Posts, registration during the Dem. spike, no vote. Seemed very odd and connected to the Flyers situation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies