Fox Business Network SC kiddie table debate @6pm ET **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:08:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fox Business Network SC kiddie table debate @6pm ET **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Fox Business Network SC kiddie table debate @6pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 3479 times)
Oak Hills
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 06:55:49 PM »

Somehow I think the decrease in social mobility in those cities has more to do with the disappearance of good jobs than it does with the rise of single-parent families.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P P
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »

Does Santorum actually know what political correctness is? It's not what he thinks it is. Also, going to a single parent school, getting a single parent job? What...? Political incorrectness isn't denying someone the ability to advance economically, it's saying things that are/can be interpreted as offensive....

Edit: Wait, what? Closing statements? This is already over?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:08 PM »

I'll echo a point I've made before - Huckabee is calculating and decently intelligent, even if his pitches are now basically a parody of 2008 Mike Huckabee. Santorum is actually a stupid person.
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:12 PM »

Gotta love it when Huckabee and Santorum want to shove Christianity down the throats of Americans, don't they realize Christianity is quickly declining in America?

Yes.  It's a great tragedy that people are abandoning the word of God in droves, and me and many others are concerned about that.  Good for Huck/Rick for showing courage in that regard.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:31 PM »

Santorum FF
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »

Getting in that dig on Paul. Santorum's the best.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:50 PM »

Does Santorum actually know what political correctness is? It's not what he thinks it is. Also, going to a single parent school, getting a single parent job? What...? Political incorrectness isn't denying someone the ability to advance economically, it's saying things that are/can be interpreted as offensive....

What he's arguing is that society has allowed the family to break down in general because people are afraid of offending single parents.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »

Santorum says he can FIGHT.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »

Gotta love it when Huckabee and Santorum want to shove Christianity down the throats of Americans, don't they realize Christianity is quickly declining in America?

Yes.  It's a great tragedy that people are abandoning the word of God in droves, and me and many others are concerned about that.  Good for Huck/Rick for showing courage in that regard.

Why? It's honestly none of your or anyone elses business. Do I mind that 98% of Americans aren't Muslim? No because it's not my business
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »

Huckabee: God bless America?  America doesn't deserve it because we kill babies.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 07:00:43 PM »

Edit: Wait, what? Closing statements? This is already over?

If he were really being politically incorrect, he'd call out black men for caring more about running drugs and getting high than being fathers.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »

Huckabee: God bless America?  America doesn't deserve it because we kill babies.

Lol.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »

He has never liked them Paul boys. Because he's a neocon and they are actually adhering to Christian Just War Doctrine when it comes to foreign policy.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »

He has never liked them Paul boys. Because he's a neocon and they are actually adhering to Christian Just War Doctrine when it comes to foreign policy.

Yeah the debates between Ron Paul and Rick Santorum during the 2012 debate got very heated.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2016, 07:12:11 PM »

For those who didn't watch it, the weirdest moment was this one, when Santorum said he'd "give immigrants a gift" by deporting them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_HvbTunes
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »

Yeah the debates between Ron Paul and Rick Santorum during the 2012 debate got very heated.

Those were something else.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »

So what did Frothy say? I'm not watching.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »

Wait, that's what Santorum said?? I agree completely. Not that it is actually possible, but yeah, illegal immigration isn't exactly a positive thing.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 07:35:20 PM »

Ugh, that was a terrible debate. Whether it was Huckabee saying that America should begin every day on its knees (implying losing religiosity is equivalent with losing morality and a strong economy) or Santorum saying it was a gift to deport illegal immigrants who learned English and loved America to bring their knowledge to their home countries, it was insane. Another terrible moment was Fiorina saying that Saudi Arabia is our 'ally' when fighting ISIS while Iran is not (Iran very arguably is doing more to fight ISIS), among others.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 08:16:29 PM »

I think it would have been hilarious if Fiorina refused to debate and they just had Huck and Santorum yapping at each other for an hour.

EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2016, 08:22:35 PM by EliteLX »

Agreed. They've got a bit of courage to speak as a minority in the nationwide vote, despite it not being a minority in the social conservative primary (Fundamental leaning evangelicals.) Huck knows damn well he's in the pits in the polls and standing on his faith some more, again, isn't magically putting him past Trump.

Also, don't start spreading the "GOD IS DEAD IN AMERICA /R/ATHEISM SAID SO!" myth. The message of Christ won't be obsolete in America anytime, and an overwhelming amount of Americans are comfortable with the Christian faith & God and even filtering out many CINO's still leaves an extremely overwhelmingly large devout group of people who have done massive works in the name of Jesus and will head to their grave doing so.

Yet, I don't want to stir this too off topic, so continue on. Kiddie debate was nothing special, as expected.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:05 PM »

In this moment, #TheShadowyAbyss is euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing, but because he is enlightened by his intelligence.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »

Fiorina is so damn annoying "I know x leader, I  know x country, I  know every  single leader ever"
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2016, 02:47:20 AM »

Why? It's honestly none of your or anyone elses business. Do I mind that 98% of Americans aren't Muslim? No because it's not my business

The Bible teaches me that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life and that those who reject the Gospel and believe not in Jesus are condemned forever to eternal damnation.  It would be morally wrong for me not to share the good news because it's important that people are able to secure eternal life.  So yes, I am sad that more Americans are abandoning the word of God.   So yes, I would like to see far more people become Christian and far fewer people fall away the faith. Does your faith not teach that salvation comes from obeying the commands of God? Wouldn't you rather have more people be Muslim?  So yes, while people's decisions may "not be my business," I do have a right to evangelize and spread the good news of the Gospel.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies