New Hampshire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:06:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New Hampshire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 5609 times)
briancw
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 08:25:15 PM »

I think I am too liberal for this forum.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2005, 08:55:50 PM »

I think I am too liberal for this forum.

The majority here are liberal.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2005, 09:14:41 PM »

Of course there is no prohibition of research, on the EXISTING stem cell lines that is. There is definitely blocks in place to prevent the creation of new stem cell lines.

Unless you support human cloning to get embryos, you'll only get around 270 lines out of the present availible frozen embryos.  Of course, if you are a sadistic nutcase, maybe you don't care.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »

They aren't people.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2005, 09:45:59 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2005, 10:12:09 PM by CARLHAYDEN »

Biology doesn't have anything to do with the relationship. Marriages between sterile people are still marriages.

You still don't comprehend.

The reason the government gets involved in marriage is due to the matter of the legal rights/responsibilities for children.  There is NO other reason for the government to get involved.

If a church of sodomites wants to 'marry' two (or more) homosexuals, its nobody else's business, but there is NO legal obligation for others to to legally condone the relationship as equal to a marriage between two partners of the opposite sex.

If homosexuals want the Vermont/Connecticut option, no problem.

Just do NOT try to force others to accept such a relationship as marriage.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2005, 09:48:22 PM »

So anything that isn't a person is free game. Hold on while a slit my cat's throat.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2005, 10:15:12 PM »

I will revise that. They aren't any more intelligent and don't have any more feeling than inanimate objects.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2005, 03:37:18 PM »

I've lived in New Hampshire the vast majority of my 27 years of life, and I can say that the state is trending Democratic. People here are too open-minded and educated to continue to vote for Republicans. However, they will vote for moderate Republicans. The state is pretty centrist in nature, and right now the Democrats are the party closest to the traditional center.

The state is more libertarian than conservative. We are the only state without an income tax or sales tax, but we have very high property taxes. Our new Democratic governor was able to win by having a campaign slogan of "No Sales Tax, No Income Tax" which people feared back in 2002 when they went with the Republican candidate.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2005, 03:50:51 PM »

New Hampshire is in the wrong place. It should be in the south. Say between Arkansas and Louisiana.

New Hampshire is much more like Massachusetts than Arkansas or Louisiana. Have you even been here?

It`s slow. It`s rural. It`s old fashioned. It`s very, very conservative.

You're wrong about all of those things, except for maybe the old-fashioned part. It's really not slow at all and it's not very rural (especially in the Southern and coastal parts of the state). And it's not all that conservative, pretty moderate actually. I live in Nashua, a small city of about 90,000 that consistently votes Democrat. It's a lot like Vermont and Maine.

While the rest of New England pretty solidly votes Democrat, it is strongly Republican considerring the way it votes in presidential elections.

It went for Kerry in 2004 and went for Clinton at least once (twice maybe?) How is that consistent for Republicans?

Take Manchester. To me Manchester is the name of one of the most famous sports teams in the world. This Manchester is nothing but an airport and a big hotel.

Not true at all. I work right in the heart of downtown Manchester and there's more to do than you think. We have a minor league hockey team, minor league baseball team, arena football team, new arena with many big name concerts, plenty of bars and restaurants, etc. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

They call New Hampshire the Granite State, but i reckon this is more of a comment on its people than on its geography. They not only look like your mother-in-law. Upbeat, cheerful, optimistic, they are not. They`re miserable, dour, down-at-heel, and when they are not, they give a good impression of it.

Miserable? Dour? Totally disagree. Most of the people in this state are happy as we have possibly the best quality of life of any state in the country. Good education, health care, low crime, skiing and beaches, low poverty. Again, why do you think you know anything about NH?

Yet at the same time they carry guns. Many`s the time i`ve climbed into a truck to see a couple of rifles strapped to the back of the cab. They hunt, they fish - in fact they do everything southers do.

Not more so than any other state. I know almost nobody who hunts or fishes.

The problem is that, precisely because they are all so hard-working, puritanical, churchgoing and believe in the family, all the people who aren`t - the take-it-easy, Brie-eating, wine drinking, secular, quasi-Bohemian New Englanders who are pro-choice, pro-alcohol, pro-drugs (well, soft drugs, anyway) and pro more or less everything else- want to go and live there becasue they think it is a better environment in which to bring up their kids than a place where they will be surrounded by people like themselves.

Again with the northeast stereotypes. And people from NH are DEFINITELY not puritancial!! That's a ridiculous statement!! It is a good place to bring up kids, though.

Will they get on? The answer , of course, is no. The old and the new never get on. The old always loses. Hence the democrats are now finding ways to win in Old Hampshire.

Ridiculous statement. People here are middle-of-the-road and open-minded and get along well. There is no "culture war". There is no "old" and "new".

Its the way the world works. So what happens now to New Hampshire? Will it join its fellow New Englanders in the way it votes for years to come. Or will Old Hampshire fight back?

I read some statistic last week that 57% of native New Hampshirites voted for John Kerry. Does that blow your whole stupid theory out of the water or what?

Again, you really don't know a thing about New Hampshire. Your whole post is heresay.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 04:32:56 PM »

People here are too open-minded and educated to continue to vote for Republicans.

This is a good example of their open-mindedness.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2005, 08:26:18 PM »

I don't agree that New Hampshire is strongly conservative. It is very pro-environment, but it is the most conservative of any state in New England. It is a battleground state, not really conservative.

John Sununu and Judd Gregg are true RINOs.

What? How?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 01:44:47 PM »

I don't agree that New Hampshire is strongly conservative. It is very pro-environment, but it is the most conservative of any state in New England. It is a battleground state, not really conservative.

John Sununu and Judd Gregg are true RINOs.

What? How?
sarcasm.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies