What should we do about Assad + ISIS/L?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:58:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What should we do about Assad + ISIS/L?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What should we do about Assad's Regime + ISIS/L?
Take out Assad + ISIS

Take out Neither

Take out ISIS (but enforce no-fly)

Take out ISIS (no no-fly)

Take out Assad only

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: What should we do about Assad + ISIS/L?  (Read 2956 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »

Assad and ISIS have a symbiotic relationship, we should eliminate them both with an overwhelming ground force. Quick, clean, and without lofty goals of promoting democracy.

GENOCIDE MAN SPEAK

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes we discovered that after the first quote, after you suggested throwing the only stable parts (outside Rojava) into chaos. 70% of the Syrian population live in government controlled areas, and that's not because those areas was home to 70% of the population before the war. No people have in general fleed the rebel areas for the government areas or abroad, and you suggest in some kind of genocidal mastubation fantasy, to replace the government with warlords.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 04:56:11 PM »

Assad and ISIS have a symbiotic relationship, we should eliminate them both with an overwhelming ground force. Quick, clean, and without lofty goals of promoting democracy.

GENOCIDE MAN SPEAK

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes we discovered that after the first quote, after you suggested throwing the only stable parts (outside Rojava) into chaos. 70% of the Syrian population live in government controlled areas, and that's not because those areas was home to 70% of the population before the war. No people have in general fleed the rebel areas for the government areas or abroad, and you suggest in some kind of genocidal mastubation fantasy, to replace the government with warlords.

I genuinely don't understand what you are trying to say, you don't articulate yourself very well. Unfortunate. If you're argument is that the Syrian people want to keep Assad, I don't really care because my motivations are not humanitarian.

PS That's "GENOCIDE WOMAN SPEAK", whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »

We should do absolutely nothing.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »

We should do absolutely nothing.

I thought your response would be "form a worker's state in Syria and Iraq"?

I would definitely not advise jiggling with borders though. Such a "solution" often comes out looking a lot uglier.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »

Getting rid of ISIS and other radical groups (ISIS is not the only one) should be the most urgent priority. I think the Syrian people themselves have to decide what do with the dictator, but actually he belongs before an international court for his war crimes. The west can do this by convincing Russia to get rid of him after the terrorists are defeated by an international coalition and assure them, that they can keep their military base at the coast. I think Putin’s primary interest is not Assad himself, it’s the military base; their only one in the Mediterranean sea.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 06:11:08 PM »

Assassinate Assad and find an underground democratic rebels group to support. Then, wipe out ISIS with the help of as many local allies as possible.

Propose to Turkey a special autonomous status for Turkish Kurdistan, provide transport to all Kurds who want to live in a Democratic Republic of Southern Kurdistan composing Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan. Propose a thousand or so American troops watch over the elections with some Saudi Arabian and Israeli troops composing the main training force. Don't allow Turkey, a new democratic Syria, or Iraq any troops in Kurdistan and provide arms to the new government.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 04:06:35 PM »

Going back in time to 2008, electing John McCain over Barack Obama, maintaining some sort of permanent, South Korea-style forces in Iraq, not backing the North African revolutions in 2011 while swiftly intervening in Syria within months of the civil war breaking out, pushing out Assad and putting an Iraq-style illiberal parliamentary democracy in power might be a good idea. Too late now though.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 04:42:02 AM »

Americans/Westerners thinking they can still have any kind of significant power on this region, cute.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 08:06:26 AM »

Americans/Westerners thinking they can still have any kind of significant power on this region, cute.
wait wait wait....I thought this was all Dubya's fault (because it was all wine and roses before or something).  How can we both have no power and be the entire reason for the mess?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 08:14:27 AM »

wait wait wait....I thought this was all Dubya's fault (because it was all wine and roses before or something).  How can we both have no power and be the entire reason for the mess?

Hey, was it 'Happy New Year 2006!!' lately??
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 08:15:57 AM »

Hey, was it 'Happy New Year 2006!!' lately??
So you're saying we had power in 2006, but not now?  What's changed?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 09:50:11 AM »

Took 2006 cause of the scrptural proximity to 2016 and was the year of 'the surge' too (right?, gosh all of this seems to have ages now...), but my maint point is that the very last chance to manage to keep some influence, and, well, 'eventually' to have a concrete impact outhere is written on the 4th line of my sig.

The scary 'Red Line' in case I had to specify.

And yeah Westerners through 1st Europeans then Americans have a proud track record in this region, haven't they?

As if the mess of the colonization hadn't been enough.

As if all American classical over tricky total neo-imperialism all over the place since the end of WW2 hadn't been enough.

As if the fact to totally invade a country, destroying both buildings and overall society, with now insane total neo-imperialism hadn't been enough.

As if showing that, now you almost no more need the oil of the region, you care far less about your traditional 'allies' in that place, and didn't even defend them when they have been overthrown by their populations few years ago hadn't been enough...

As if the fact to watch the show of the murder of Syria between 2012 and 2013 without doing anything while FSA and the like sane forces were the dominating rebels and were asking for help and Jihadists were only about 2.000 all groups included hadn't been enough.

As if all those brilliant things hadn't been enough, there's been the 'Red Line'.

'...don't cross it boys, or...'

They crossed.

What happened?

F**king nothing.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

Yah know.

It's not even only that US/West...

(f**k, on that very night, in France was night, when Obama announced he was going to ask Congress, French jets were about to take off, was planned and a matter of hour, and Hollande and Valls remind it in each of their speeches when the topic comes arround, and I think they can legitimately do it, it was really the very last opportunity not to abandon a whole population to...total insanity)

...have lost all credibility outthere, it's overall no matter what will be done there, you/we can have a concrete impact on nothing there now.

Diplomatically, nobody cares.

Militarilly, nothing efficient can be done.

Russia owns it all over, on both sides.

Middle-East: Western Player: Game Over.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 12:57:02 AM »

I think we (ick) do have power, but it's just power to [screw] stuff up and swap one evil for another.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 11:20:45 AM »

Contrary to popular belief, most Syrians support President Assad, it would only be logical for Assad to stay while the "rebels" are dealt with along with DAESH
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »

The Syrian regime is by far the most disgusting perpetrator of war crimes in the conflict, to the extent that Daesh and their cribbed together McGuyver army don't really hold a candle. The difference of course, is that Assad doesn't media whore his crimes like Daesh do.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2016, 08:28:24 AM »

We don't have to worry about it anymore guys, our always smooth, never miss firing Sec of State has asked Hollywood producers what to do about it.

(and you guys wonder why he lost in 04)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies