Alcon's 2005/2006 Election Projection Thread - Governors (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:28:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alcon's 2005/2006 Election Projection Thread - Governors (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alcon's 2005/2006 Election Projection Thread - Governors  (Read 12838 times)
Cowboy
Rookie

« on: May 28, 2005, 10:24:52 PM »

Nice to see what you wrote about WY. Hope you are  right, i'm a bit worried that freudenthal might lose to a strong goper even if he is set up very well...
Cowboy
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 11:07:43 PM »

Nice to see what you wrote about WY. Hope you are  right, i'm a bit worried that freudenthal might lose to a strong goper even if he is set up very well...

How did Freudenthal get elected statewide, anyway?  I find the thought of a Democrat being elected statewide in Wyoming to be quite the shock. Smiley

It was for me a very happy shock. Basically he ran as a conservative dem (which he) even though he is pro-choice and all. He ran on his positions - highlighting his conservative ones but not backing down from his liberal ones.

He won respect. He didn't throw mud. It's not hard to campaign here - very cheap even to knock on everyone's door. Freudenthal got elected without the help of any scandals or anything. On his own merits. Very cool guy. Smiley
Cowboy
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 11:14:49 PM »

So basically we can infer that he's a conservative, pro-choice Democrat. Sounds like my kind of guy. Smiley

Conservative...maybe. Id say moderate. Conservative for a dem, butnot conservative overall. LIBERAL for wyoming. Heres a list:

http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?can_id=MWY35199

He has standard stuff like no civil unions..he has to be elected here after all. He is brave in that in makes his positions very public...normally a kiss of death for a dem in wyoming getting elected nonpartisanly, but the wyo voters respect him a lot for it.

Good guy, very good guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies