New NJ Governor's Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:19:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New NJ Governor's Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New NJ Governor's Poll  (Read 12562 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:49:39 AM »

Been watching some TV over the last week, and I've noticed lots of NJ governor commercials.  Forrester's going negative.  Not necessairly on the dems, mostly on his opponents.  From what I've read, he will probably win.  At that, point Corzine will not have the luxury of staying positive.  Actually, he will, but probably won't.  I'm not cynical, but I am skeptical.  It's been a long time since I've heard a candidate say something like, "My opponent is a wise and kind man, and has many ideas, but I think mine are better, and I think you will too.  Here they are..."

As an aside, I see lots of Bloomberg commercials.  His are largely positive, I'll say.  I think I'm rooting for Bloomberg.  Seems to have a good record on education, jobs, business (at least from his ads), and so far he isn't attacking his opponent.  That's a plus.  But then it's probably just a matter of time.  Apparently the state legislature is meeting in Albany today to decide whether to commit a big chunk of money to a new stadium in midtown manhattan.  I think I'm for it.  So is Bloomberg, but I don't think it's an easy sell.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 07:58:34 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2005, 08:05:43 AM by angus »

following up on the off-topic Bloomberg/stadium comments:  The assembly voted last evening not to fund it.  Bloomberg had invested a great deal of time and effort in that project, but Silber, the assemblyman from Lower Manhattan also happens to be a Democrat and the speaker, as well as an opponent of the 2.2 billion dollar project.  Presumably because he feels it takes money away from downtown projects such as rebuilding the WTC area.  Also Bloomberg's gone negative:  "Those that were on the other side will have to explain why they were against jobs, why they were against economic opportunity and growth."  Well, I still think I'm rooting for him.

Don't really follow the NJ governor's race, but in the spirit of staying on topic, I'll say that it seems like Schundler is closing the gap, based on what I saw on the local news last night.  Forrester still slightly ahead.  Hot again, but not as hot.  maybe low 70s when I stepped out about 8:30 EDT.  News said to expect 85.  Lotsa lightning and rain last night, so it'll be muggy like the Yucatan, or like Mississippi.  But my car is clean, and so are the sidewalks.  Fringe benefit of hard rain.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 08:55:24 AM »

the nyc news broadcasts didn't seem surprised by the forrester victory, I'll add.  And, frankly, from what I could tell from the coverage, neither did the Schundler supporters.  The word "loser" was frequently and casually used to describe Schundler very often on channels 5 and 9.  Did not hear the word "upset" at all.  And by about 11 o'clock, the schundler HQ was pretty much a big empty room.  No surprises, it seems.  Oddly, the local media don't seem much enamored with Corzine either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies