New NJ Governor's Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:11:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New NJ Governor's Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: New NJ Governor's Poll  (Read 12517 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2005, 05:57:31 PM »

Star-Ledger/Rutgers- Eagleton Poll

Sen. Jon Corzine -  42%
Doug Forrester - 29%

Sen. Jon Corzine - 44%
Bret Schundler - 24%

GOP: 80% Undecided

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY POLL
Republican Primary
Likely Voters, including leaners

Doug Forrester - 39%
Bret Schundler - 33%
Steve Lonegan - 4%
John Murphy - 3%
Bob Schroeder - 3%
Paul DiGaetano - 2%
Todd Caliguire - 0%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 06:06:38 PM »

Corzine is so popular! 42% in one, 44% in another. He's got this thing locked up!  Roll Eyes
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 07:08:08 PM »

Only a 13-point lead for Corzine? Wasn't it 25 last month?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 07:28:38 PM »

Only a 13-point lead for Corzine? Wasn't it 25 last month?

No it was 10.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 08:38:11 PM »

Corzine is likely to win, because while he is owned by the state Democratic Party machine, he is only perhaps 50% their bitch, whereas most state Democrats are 100% their bitch. In the case of McGreevey, in more ways than one.

But in any case, the real action will be on the Senate side, where a corrupt Democrat (but I repeat myself) will face the Commander Kean.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 10:02:13 PM »

Corzine is likely to win, because while he is owned by the state Democratic Party machine, he is only perhaps 50% their bitch, whereas most state Democrats are 100% their bitch. In the case of McGreevey, in more ways than one.

But in any case, the real action will be on the Senate side, where a corrupt Democrat (but I repeat myself) will face the Commander Kean.

Goldie's right.

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 10:07:19 PM »

Well, on the one hand he only has numbers in the low 40s. On the other hand, he has a double digit lead.

Anyway, I've always felt the Democrat had this locked up, only because New Jersey is known these days for being a pretty Democratic state. I still think it'd take a stronger candidate for a Republican to win this.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 10:41:17 PM »

Corzine is still obviously the favorite but I don't see him winning the General by more than six points. This is not locked up.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 05:04:39 PM »

Forrester and Schundler are much further right than the state is comfortable with. If the GOP loses its their own fault for not nominating a moderate like Whitman.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »

Forrester and Schundler are much further right than the state is comfortable with. If the GOP loses its their own fault for not nominating a moderate like Whitman.

Forrester was on his way to the U.S. Senate in 2002 until the Dems pulled their switch and he still did fairly well considering that he ran against one of the most popular Dems in the state. Even if he loses this year, it won't be by more than six points.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 05:07:20 PM »

Corzine is likely to win, because while he is owned by the state Democratic Party machine, he is only perhaps 50% their bitch, whereas most state Democrats are 100% their bitch.

In the case of McGreevey, in more ways than one.

Ha ha ha! 2 words for you: Ed "I'm 8 inches" Schrock. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw homophobic puns.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 05:10:10 PM »

Forrester was on his way to the U.S. Senate in 2002 until the Dems pulled their switch and he still did fairly well considering that he ran against one of the most popular Dems in the state. Even if he loses this year, it won't be by more than six points.

I don't remember the exact poll numbers from that race, but the only reason Forrester would have won is b/c of Torricelli's coruption. He certainly wouldn't have won based on his ideology, which didn't match most of the electorate.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 05:10:58 PM »

So, voters should ignore everything except ideology?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 07:06:18 PM »

Just released today....

http://www.surveyusa.com/currentelectionpolls.html

Forrester - 45%
Schundler - 29%
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 08:06:39 PM »

He's not the incumbent, so those numbers aren't so bad. For comparison, Chaffee leads 41-31.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 12:05:07 AM »

Ouch, what happened to the Schundler campaign?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 04:26:01 PM »

Doug Forrester is what happened. Schundler was a disaster in 2001 and it's my guess that many NJ Republicans are angry about what happened to Forrester in the 2002 Senate race so he remains pretty popular.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 05:47:17 PM »

Corzine is likely to win, because while he is owned by the state Democratic Party machine, he is only perhaps 50% their bitch, whereas most state Democrats are 100% their bitch.

Ha ha ha! 2 words for you: Ed "I'm 8 inches" Schrock. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw homophobic puns.

Sorry you have no sense of humor.

But Schrock didn't spend $120,000 of the taxpayer's money to keep his Israeli boyfriend in charge of defending the state from terrorism.

And that, which was an amazing breach of trust by McGreevey, was actually not even near the top of his most corrupt actions.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 07:14:14 PM »

Doug Forrester is what happened. Schundler was a disaster in 2001 and it's my guess that many NJ Republicans are angry about what happened to Forrester in the 2002 Senate race so he remains pretty popular.

True but it didn't seem like that long ago that Forrester was only ahead of Schundler by 5-8 pts.  Now it's 16.  Is Schundler just that bad?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 07:51:42 PM »

True but it didn't seem like that long ago that Forrester was only ahead of Schundler by 5-8 pts.  Now it's 16.  Is Schundler just that bad?

The debates help Forrester. Though I've only heard the closing arguments of a few debates, from what I hear, Forrester destroys everyone else. He comes across as the most informed candidate and that's not hard in this race. There are some jokes running. Forrester vs. Schundler becomes Forrester vs. pack of jokes. Schundler is being thrown in with the pack of jokes because of how well Forrester does. In fact, there's a debate on right now. Unfortunatley, I don't get the channel (though I could have sworn I did). I'm betting Forrester is crushing them again. This debate is really the last chance for Schundler to make this thing somewhat close again.
Cashcow

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 08:44:56 PM »

I hate all three of these potential candidates, but Schundler makes Forrester and Corzine each seem like the reincarnation of Christ. If he somehow becomes out next governor, I might as well speed up my departure from this deplorable state.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2005, 01:16:27 AM »

Sorry you have no sense of humor.

But Schrock didn't spend $120,000 of the taxpayer's money to keep his Israeli boyfriend in charge of defending the state from terrorism.

And that, which was an amazing breach of trust by McGreevey, was actually not even near the top of his most corrupt actions.

Well at least you didn't call me a fag like a certain jerk from Pennsylvania did (the one with the pic of an old guy in his sig)

Don't keep me waiting, what could McGreevey possibly have done that was worse than what you've already mentioned? Did he cruelly declare some land off limits to development? Smiley
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 02:46:11 PM »

QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY POLL
Republican Primary
Likely Voters, including leaners
June 1st, 2005

Doug Forrester - 40%
Bret Schundler - 29%
John Murphy - 9%
Steve Lonegan - 4%
Bob Schroeder - 3%
Todd Caliguire - 2%
Paul DiGaetano - 2%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 04:40:58 PM »

My prediction for the 2005 GOP Gubernatorial Primary

Forrester - 43%
Schundler - 32%
Murphy - 7%
Schroeder - 7%
DiGaetanto - 5%
Lonegan - 5%
Caliguire - 1%
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 04:48:50 PM »

Schundler has been attacked on trivial quotes that he made many years ago and the problem is that he hasn't responded as much as he should have. Murphy has probably spent more on advertising than Schundler, who doesn't seem to care who wins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies