DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 41949 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2015, 07:35:22 PM »

Yeah, I don't even care about this anymore. His staff stole data and he's a martyr or whatever. Ethics mean nothing anymore.

Good. It needs to be an option if the DNC doesn't show Bernie some basic respect immediately. Trump threatened to go 3rd party for far less than this.

Actually Trump threatened to go third party for more than this. Among others, they were threatening to take Trump's nomination away from him if he were to enter a brokered convention with the most delegates and popular votes.

A brokered convention is some crazy hypothetical. What the DNC did to Bernie is most definitely not a hypothetical.

What the Sanders campaign stole from the Clinton campaign, which took millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours to compile, is also definitely not a hypothetical. It happened.

Bernie didn't steal Hillary's data. The DNC just stole Bernie's data, though.
HillOfANight
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2015, 07:38:53 PM »

They have a contract. DNC has the main data. Any data Bernie gathers for their use is legally and technically the DNC's.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2015, 07:38:55 PM »

Yeah, I don't even care about this anymore. His staff stole data and he's a martyr or whatever. Ethics mean nothing anymore.

Good. It needs to be an option if the DNC doesn't show Bernie some basic respect immediately. Trump threatened to go 3rd party for far less than this.

Actually Trump threatened to go third party for more than this. Among others, they were threatening to take Trump's nomination away from him if he were to enter a brokered convention with the most delegates and popular votes.

A brokered convention is some crazy hypothetical. What the DNC did to Bernie is most definitely not a hypothetical.

What the Sanders campaign stole from the Clinton campaign, which took millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours to compile, is also definitely not a hypothetical. It happened.

So you're telling me to completely ignore every report in the media that is telling me that they accessed 24 different lists in Clinton's voter data compilation and saved them to their own personal folders?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »

Big development: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-dnc-suspension/
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2015, 07:40:21 PM »

This could actually backfire...lots of people are noticing that this is almost a witch hunt against Sanders.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »

This is the last time I'm going to respond to you, since you are not reasonable, unlike Adam.  His campaign stole vital data about potential voters in 10 early states.  This issue had not come up before on this software.  Senior staff of his campaign were doing  this.  The DNC has ever right to suspend being able to use this for a bit and only for a bit.   Sanders, his campaign staff, and some of his supporters are acting as if they are the victims, when they were the perpetrators of this action.  It doesn't matter if it was glitch, he still abused it.  If this was the federal government, he would be under indictment right now.  He is lucky this doesn't violate federal law.  Admit he was in the wrong and work with the DNC to move past this.  If not, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2015, 07:44:42 PM »

This is the last time I'm going to respond to you, since you are not reasonable, unlike Adam.  His campaign stole vital data about potential voters in 10 early states.  This issue had not come up before on this software.  Senior staff of his campaign were doing  this.  The DNC has ever right to suspend being able to use this for a bit and only for a bit.   Sanders, his campaign staff, and some of his supporters are acting as if they are the victims, when they were the perpetrators of this action.  It doesn't matter if it was glitch, he still abused it.  If this was the federal government, he would be under indictment right now.  He is lucky this doesn't violate federal law.  Admit he was in the wrong and work with the DNC to move past this.  If not, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The DNC was already known to be in Hillary's camp. This story shouldn't have been released to the media. The Bernie campaign already fired the person involved. And yet they are still locked out of their own data and the DNC chair went on TV to bash Bernie. He damn straight is the victim here. Bernie didn't do anything wrong, it's not like he downloaded top secret classified information onto his own server. You unreasonable Hillary partisans will split this party in two.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »

Despicable move from the Sanders camp, obviously, but leave it to DWS and the DNC to f-ck it all up.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »

The lawsuit says the 2008 Hillary campaign gained confidential information from a similar bug. But I guess no one felt like using that against them.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »

I don't think that the the entire Sanders campaign should be punished for the actions of a few staffers. Though what they did was very wrong. The staffers have been fired, and they should be. However, if I heard right, and I think I have, the Sanders campaign still has stolen information. They shouldn't keep the information they have stolen (obviously).  
     However, as I said before, the DNC and DWS have massively overreacted to this. His entire campaign shouldn't be punished with vital information being withheld from him until who knows when. And, Sanders himself had nothing to do with this. It was his employees.
     And Sanders is suing the DNC. This is not an overreaction on Sanders's part, he's probably just indignant.
     I think this is going to end up backfiring on Clinton and the establishment.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »

Sanders obviously is in the wrong, but sadly this will be backlash for the Hillary camp since the Bernie camp is completely and totally delusional and they will somehow make him the victim. Meanwhile, the people who support Hillary don't really care about this. Thus the narrative will be shifted towards Team Sanders. How depressing.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #261 on: December 18, 2015, 07:48:34 PM »

With all due respect, you are not being realistic at all. It is evident know that his staff saved voter data from the Clinton campaign, which is an ethical breach. No one stole anything from Bernie, his campaign got locked out because of underhanded staffers.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »

The DNC was already known to be in Hillary's camp. This story shouldn't have been released to the media. The Bernie campaign already fired the person involved. And yet they are still locked out of their own data and the DNC chair went on TV to bash Bernie. He damn straight is the victim here. Bernie didn't do anything wrong, it's not like he downloaded top secret classified information onto his own server. You unreasonable Hillary partisans will split this party in two.
You know what screw it, I am going to respond.
 First on the press getting the story.  This is a race for president.  Everything that happens is game in this race.  Anything that the candidates do during the race or their campaigns do is game.
Second, of course he was fired, but others did this as well, and are they fired no. 
Third, DWS is a horrible person, no one likes her.  Hillary would probably like it if she had not supported her.
Fourth, it is the Bernie supporter talking about splitting the party in two with a independent run.  Every Clinton supporter I know before today would be happy to have voted for him.

But of course your just going to ignore reasonable argument, and ignore mounting evidence and continue to bash Clinton no matter what.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »

With all due respect, you are not being realistic at all. It is evident know that his staff saved voter data from the Clinton campaign, which is an ethical breach. No one stole anything from Bernie, his campaign got locked out because of underhanded staffers.

The said staffer was fired and the Bernie campaign is locked out of their own data. The Hillary campaign.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #264 on: December 18, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »

The lawsuit says the 2008 Hillary campaign gained confidential information from a similar bug. But I guess no one felt like using that against them.
Prove it, then I will believe you.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »

First on the press getting the story.  This is a race for president.  Everything that happens is game in this race.  Anything that the candidates do during the race or their campaigns do is game.
Second, of course he was fired, but others did this as well, and are they fired no. 
Third, DWS is a horrible person, no one likes her.  Hillary would probably like it if she had not supported her.
Fourth, it is the Bernie supporter talking about splitting the party in two with a independent run.  Every Clinton supporter I know before today would be happy to have voted for him.

But of course your just going to ignore reasonable argument, and ignore mounting evidence and continue to bash Clinton no matter what.

The staffer was fired. And the Bernie campaign said there were issues months ago but didn't go running to the press then. This story was leaked by some combination of the DNC or Hillary campaign even though it would be very divisive for the party. It's very stupid if you're trying to win a general election. Similar incidents have happened in the past, but the Bernie campaign doesn't put sh**t like this in the media.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2015, 07:59:20 PM »

The staffer was fired. And the Bernie campaign said there were issues months ago but didn't go running to the press then. This story was leaked by some combination of the DNC or Hillary campaign even though it would be very divisive for the party. It's very stupid if you're trying to win a general election. Similar incidents have happened in the past, but the Bernie campaign doesn't put sh**t like this in the media.

The conspiracy argument, I like it.  Hard to prove either true or false. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2015, 08:01:37 PM »

It's in the lawsuit. I don't think anyone ran to the media, so I don't know if more information is publicly available.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »

It's in the lawsuit. I don't think anyone ran to the media, so I don't know if more information is publicly available.
No, prove she used stolen information.  I do believe it's in the suit, but don't believe they have any proof at all.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2015, 08:07:17 PM »

No, prove she used stolen information.  I do believe it's in the suit, but don't believe they have any proof at all.

All I see is items 23, 32, and 52 here.

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000151-b72f-d1ae-add5-f76f14db0001
HillOfANight
« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

All I see is items 23, 32, and 52 here.

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000151-b72f-d1ae-add5-f76f14db0001

How does one equivocate "resulting in the unintentional transmission" with that these 4 users did?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »

One staffer was fired. The other staffer seems to still be working for the campaign.

But don't be too hard on jfern guys; he's still working off of the Bernie campaign lies statements from a few hours ago, before they completely changed their story for the eighteenth time.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2015, 08:24:11 PM »

Ok jfern, I'd like you to meet my ignore list.
Hopefully you'll be out of it after primary season ends and you chill down a bit.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2015, 08:30:29 PM »

It's OK jfern will be around predicting Hillary's impending loss, much like he did with his sig leading up to Obama's landslide defeat in 2012.
HillOfANight
« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2015, 08:32:09 PM »

https://twitter.com/JudyReardon/status/677994135148711936

LOL

Sanders campaign manager just claimed on CNN Clinton campaign accessed Sanders data in October. When questioned, admits he made that up
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies