Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:59:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26
Author Topic: Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud)  (Read 73001 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 27, 2015, 06:31:08 PM »

If it was a pro-Sanders polling place making up numbers, why do through the trouble of doing GOP polls as well?
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #226 on: December 27, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »

If it was a pro-Sanders polling place making up numbers, why do through the trouble of doing GOP polls as well?

To appear legitimate
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #227 on: December 27, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »

Just not convinced, Sanders people aren't this desperate yet.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #228 on: December 27, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »

http://overtimepolitics.com/trump-holds-8-point-lead-over-cruz-in-tennessee-34-26/

Donald Trump – 144 – 34%
Ted Cruz – 109 – 26%
Ben Carson – 47 – 11%
Marco Rubio – 43 – 10%
Rand Paul – 21 – 5%
Jeb Bush – 13 – 3%
John Kasich – 5 – 1%
Chris Christie – 4 – 1%
Carly Fiorina – 2 – <1%
Other – 12 – 3%
Undecided – 25 – 6%
mds32
United States

« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2015, 07:01:46 PM »

That's a reasonable result. Cruz closing with Trump still ahead.
mds32
United States

« Reply #230 on: December 27, 2015, 07:06:17 PM »

If all of you think this pollster is such a phony why are you giving them the attention that they want. I am sure most of the other pollsters would enjoy having over 50 comments on their polls if you think they are actual pollsters, unlike here where many think Overtimepolitics is not.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #231 on: December 27, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »

Looks like junk.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #232 on: December 27, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »

Just my thought that it's never wise to shoot down a pollster until a good aggregate comes together...or an actual result comes in.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #233 on: December 27, 2015, 07:33:16 PM »

I regret posting the first Overtime Politics poll, though someone else probably would have started it had I not. I think we should make a single thread for their junk and stop polluting the rest of the forum with it.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2015, 07:39:50 PM »

On the recommendation of Ebsy, I suggest since we are divided ton the accuracy of Overtime Politics and the many questions it, along with the fact that they frequently release polls, we should post each of the GOP and Democratic polls from Overtime Politics below on this thread.
mds32
United States

« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »

On the recommendation of Ebsy, I suggest since we are divided ton the accuracy of Overtime Politics and the many questions it, along with the fact that they frequently release polls, we should post each of the GOP and Democratic polls from Overtime Politics below on this thread.

This is a good idea. However, I contemplate it because now someone will want a WAA thread and a Gravis Thread....
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2015, 07:42:52 PM »

I think we could make it work since they post a schedule of all of their polling, Gravis kind of does it randomly usually
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2015, 08:43:55 PM »

From their website: "We plan on releasing at least 2/week between the 13th and next summer. In the final months of the 2016 campaign season, we will be releasing polls on nearly a daily basis."

This is either an extremely fast pollster with a large team, or it's just making up numbers.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2015, 08:55:31 PM »

They ask 1 question and don't do crosstabs, not hard to put together a poll like that quickly
weixiaobao
« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2015, 09:00:26 PM »

From their website: "We plan on releasing at least 2/week between the 13th and next summer. In the final months of the 2016 campaign season, we will be releasing polls on nearly a daily basis."

This is either an extremely fast pollster with a large team, or it's just making up numbers.

Think of them like strawpoll more than scientific polls.  Though, I wonder do they call registered voters?

What is their demographic?  Adults?  Registered voters?  Likely voters?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2015, 09:13:26 PM »

I emailed them and got this response:

Hi [Name Redacted],

I have a staff of 3 independent contractors who do everything on the phones. Without the crosstab information, the process goes much faster, it's a simple matter of "Are you planning on voting in either the Dem or Rep primary in (whatever state)", if they say yes, they get asked the nominee question depending on whether they said D or R.

From what I gather from my contractors, they can get around 20-25 responses an hour. Once they hit the D or R limit, depending on how each state voted in the last 2 elections, it goes even faster. When I get the last spreadsheet, it's just a matter of copy/pasting the information into 1 spreadsheet and adding everything up.

Without the extra demographic information, the report can be written up extremely quickly and the results can be published.

I realize this isn't perfect, but it's at least getting some information out there.

Starting in January, I'm going to have a question about personal income on the script as well. To me, if I'm going to add something that is going to increase the time spent both calling people and getting the reports ready, it should be a demo that not everyone provides.

I hope I've answered your questions.

- Fred
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2015, 09:28:35 PM »

Terrible methodology. No model for realistic turnout.

Trash.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2015, 09:29:43 PM »

I definitely think it's a good idea to quarantine it to one thread. If their methods become more advanced, then perhaps they can be moved out in due time.
mds32
United States

« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2015, 09:41:21 PM »

They should have race and gender. Those are two very important demographics.
A Perez
Rookie
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »

Hi [Name Redacted],

I have a staff of 3 independent contractors who do everything on the phones. Without the crosstab information, the process goes much faster, it's a simple matter of "Are you planning on voting in either the Dem or Rep primary in (whatever state)", if they say yes, they get asked the nominee question depending on whether they said D or R.

From what I gather from my contractors, they can get around 20-25 responses an hour. Once they hit the D or R limit, depending on how each state voted in the last 2 elections, it goes even faster. When I get the last spreadsheet, it's just a matter of copy/pasting the information into 1 spreadsheet and adding everything up.

Without the extra demographic information, the report can be written up extremely quickly and the results can be published.

I realize this isn't perfect, but it's at least getting some information out there.

Starting in January, I'm going to have a question about personal income on the script as well. To me, if I'm going to add something that is going to increase the time spent both calling people and getting the reports ready, it should be a demo that not everyone provides.

- Fred

So they don't control for ages and race?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2015, 10:49:24 PM »

Hi [Name Redacted],

- Fred

So they don't control for ages and race?

Not at this point.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2015, 11:38:04 PM »

Obviously there's some question to how legitimate they are. But they could easily be less biased towards Bernie than PPP is biased towards Hillary.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2015, 11:39:55 PM »

This is a good idea. However, I contemplate it because now someone will want a WAA thread and a Gravis Thread....

Wiki says the last 3 pollsters for state polls are Overtime, ARG, and Gravis. Even if Overtime's numbers are pulled out of a hat, there's a good chance they're better than at least one of ARG or Gravis.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2015, 12:55:40 AM »

If they really want it to be quick, it's simple:

1. Age
2. Gender
3. Race
4. Income
5. Democratic or Republican primary?
6. Their actual candidate choice

6 questions. Should be able to be finished rather quickly.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2015, 01:05:41 AM »

If they really want it to be quick, it's simple:

1. Age
2. Gender
3. Race
4. Income
5. Democratic or Republican primary?
6. Their actual candidate choice

6 questions. Should be able to be finished rather quickly.

Yeah, but then people start expecting you to make complex tables breaking everything down along demographic lines - which is work.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies