Warner or Hillary v. Frist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:28:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Warner or Hillary v. Frist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Are these predictions reasonable?
Yes, both are.

Only "Warner v. Frist" is.

Only "Hillary v. Frist" is.

None are reasonable.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Warner or Hillary v. Frist  (Read 5072 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2005, 09:41:49 PM »

Well isn't this interesting...

Just a few days ago, I was arguing with nick and Smash about how Hillary Clinton was not popular enough to win the Presidency and that a majority of Americans do not approve of her. Well, I was wrong.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-05-26-hillary-poll_x.htm

Don't know if I can buy that 53% of Americans would vote for her but I still thought it was worth mentioning. Pretty interesting.

Interesting. I'd rather someone else, but if she's at 53%, I might have to support her in the primary.

Note, though, that people are seeing her as more of a moderate. In a Presidential campaign, that label would not last long with her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2005, 09:43:03 PM »

Well isn't this interesting...

Just a few days ago, I was arguing with nick and Smash about how Hillary Clinton was not popular enough to win the Presidency and that a majority of Americans do not approve of her. Well, I was wrong.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-05-26-hillary-poll_x.htm

Don't know if I can buy that 53% of Americans would vote for her but I still thought it was worth mentioning. Pretty interesting.

Interesting. I'd rather someone else, but if she's at 53%, I might have to support her in the primary.

Note, though, that people are seeing her as more of a moderate. In a Presidential campaign, that label would not last long with her.

She is a moderate. She voted for Condi Rice and the Iraq war. She said something about being personally opposed to abortion.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2005, 09:46:22 PM »

She is a moderate. She voted for Condi Rice and the Iraq war. She said something about being personally opposed to abortion.

Those three issues don't make someone a moderate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2005, 09:46:54 PM »

You're right, they make someone a conservative. Haha, seriously, what is she liberal on? The Iraq war is a major issue.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2005, 09:47:44 PM »

Haha, seriously, what is she liberal on?

Roll Eyes  You can't be serious.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2005, 01:22:48 AM »

She is closer to the center than Santorum & Frist are.
  Hillary is more liberal than her husband, but she doesn't rank in the top 10 among most liberal Dem Senators, both Frist & Santorum fit into the top 10 most conservative Republicans

Phil I have to at least give you credit for admitting Hillary is more popular than you thought she was
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »

Phil I have to at least give you credit for admitting Hillary is more popular than you thought she was

Give me credit for posting the poll. I'm not sure if I am sure of those numbers. 53% voting for her doesn't seem right and I'm sure that number will go way down when we get closer to 2008.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2005, 03:12:02 PM »

Someone tell me some issues that Hillary is liberal on.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2005, 05:00:26 PM »

Give me credit for posting the poll. I'm not sure if I am sure of those numbers. 53% voting for her doesn't seem right and I'm sure that number will go way down when we get closer to 2008.

She is more popular than you think.  I'm not all that suprised by her #'s.  She is VERY POPULAR in NY and as Senator of NY has made inroads across the country  Her favorability ratings have continued to go up  (you have said you think more people don't like her than like her, but her favorability hasn't been negative in  2 years)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2005, 07:48:02 PM »

She is more popular than you think.  I'm not all that suprised by her #'s.  She is VERY POPULAR in NY and as Senator of NY has made inroads across the country  Her favorability ratings have continued to go up  (you have said you think more people don't like her than like her, but her favorability hasn't been negative in  2 years)

NY is one thing. Last time I checked, this wasn't a race for President of the Empire State.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2005, 03:10:22 AM »

Someone tell me some issues that Hillary is liberal on.
In 2004, she got a 0 out 100 from the American Conservative Union, just like Kerry. Evan Bayh gets a more moderate 20 (BTW, voted for the $87bil. like any smart person would) as do Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor.  Zell Miller got a 96, higher than Lindsey Graham (92).  By the numbers, she's a liberal.
American Conservative Union: 
http://www.acuratings.org/default.asp?ratingsyear=2004
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2005, 01:26:45 PM »

NY is one thing. Last time I checked, this wasn't a race for President of the Empire State.

Point I was making is as her approval has gone up in NY, her favorability (likability) has gone up nationwide as well
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies