Committee on Style (PROPOSED CONSTITUTION ADOPTED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:53:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Committee on Style (PROPOSED CONSTITUTION ADOPTED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Committee on Style (PROPOSED CONSTITUTION ADOPTED)  (Read 17892 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: April 29, 2016, 12:12:54 AM »

A minor question, what happens to the concept of Game Moderation/Game Moderator in the current text? I realize the Cabinet itself is open to creation of the specific departments (which is an excellent idea), but what happens to the GM and the simulation of policy and events?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:47:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hmm... good question. Do we want to treat the GM like an ordinary cabinet officer, or give this post some Constitutional scaffolding?
[/quote]

Personally, I think it requires some constitutional guarantee, even a minimal one. Otherwise, there's nothing that prevents not having a Game Engine or Game Moderator and we don't have an impartial figure to simulate results (and without that one might argue many things would be pointless in excercise). On the other hand, the least thing we need is to extend debate too much and it is a matter a future Congress should be able to discuss in more detail.

May I suggest an amendment in which we establish that the Republic of Atlasia will have a "Game Engine" to determine current and future events, simulate the consecuences of actions and legislation, and provide necessary information to the game? That means there's Constitutional standing for the future, but it leaves it open to Congress to debate whether to have a GM or several, what powers it will have, and so on.

While not a delegate, I believe something simple like this would do:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:09:23 PM »

While not a delegate, anyone willing to propose an amendment pertaining the GM? (or sponsor mine as a stop gap soution?)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies