Committee on Style (PROPOSED CONSTITUTION ADOPTED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:19:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Committee on Style (PROPOSED CONSTITUTION ADOPTED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Committee on Style (PROPOSED CONSTITUTION ADOPTED)  (Read 17788 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: April 25, 2016, 06:17:55 PM »

Section 1 (The Judiciary)
i. The judicial power of the Republic of Atlasia shall be vested in the Supreme Court, the membership of which shall consist of two Justices and three Associate Justices

I think it should be "Federal Justices" or "Federal Associate Justices" and "Regional Justices" or "Regional Associate Justices." Or something like that. There was a very good reason why I used the terminology I did when we discussed this--namely, the current terms are ambiguous.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 11:19:11 PM »

Section 1 (The Judiciary)
i. The judicial power of the Republic of Atlasia shall be vested in the Supreme Court, the membership of which shall consist of two Justices and three Associate Justices

I think it should be "Federal Justices" or "Federal Associate Justices" and "Regional Justices" or "Regional Associate Justices." Or something like that. There was a very good reason why I used the terminology I did when we discussed this--namely, the current terms are ambiguous.
Eh, distinguishing between "Federal" and "Regional" Justices seems more confusing to me, since the Associate Justices have both federal and regional responsibilities.

Maybe (Associate) Justice and Regional Justice, then?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:59:34 PM »

Also...while it may be self-serving, are we really going to have an election for President and Vice President that will have less than two weeks of campaigning? I think we should amend this and just allow Duke and I to finish our terms. Cheesy Besides, there is no inherent need for a fresh election in this regard: it's necessary for the House and the Senate since there are inherent changes in the number of people in the chamber and how they're elected (and also that the House is being freshly created).

Ratification is not even possible before late May because of the NE's ratification laws. So a June election is probably a foregone conclusion anyway.

True, but with the "shall commence not more than two weeks after ratification" or whatever part, it's a question of early June vs. normal time in June. The latter would give us both a normal 4-month term for the winner, plus a longer campaign.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 12:46:53 AM »

With as much enthusiasm as one can muster with moderate sleep deprivation and lack of sufficient caffiene:

AYE!!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies