Gay/Lesbian vote historically (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:59:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Gay/Lesbian vote historically (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay/Lesbian vote historically  (Read 10051 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 06, 2015, 11:37:25 PM »

I think this is the best place for such a discussion. What about a gay libertarian who opposes anti-discrimination law? Are they terrible for being different politically?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 08:01:24 PM »

As a another Log Cabin Republican, I must say that I am so amused that the far-left gets so riled up about some LGBT people voting R.

I must say that the Log Cabin Republicans are like the puppy with an abusive owner who wants to be petted, but instead he gets kicked. I cannot in good conscience vote for a member of a political party whose candidates for President went palling around with religious leaders who openly say they want us executed.

Now as for me personally, the 2010 election was when I started following politics closely and the rabid whack jobs that resulted are what have inspired my future run for elected office as a pragmatic, progressive Democrat.

What "palling around"? Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum might have gone around with religious leaders who say they want all homosexuals arrested, but why does that mean I can't be a liberal Republican like Christine Todd Whitman or Rudy Giuliani?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »

As a another Log Cabin Republican, I must say that I am so amused that the far-left gets so riled up about some LGBT people voting R.

I must say that the Log Cabin Republicans are like the puppy with an abusive owner who wants to be petted, but instead he gets kicked. I cannot in good conscience vote for a member of a political party whose candidates for President went palling around with religious leaders who openly say they want us executed.

Now as for me personally, the 2010 election was when I started following politics closely and the rabid whack jobs that resulted are what have inspired my future run for elected office as a pragmatic, progressive Democrat.

What "palling around"? Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum might have gone around with religious leaders who say they want all homosexuals arrested, but why does that mean I can't be a liberal Republican like Christine Todd Whitman or Rudy Giuliani?

The poster you're quoting has the most narrow-minded view of politics I've ever seen.  He wants and needs to find every justification out there to pad his superiority complex when it comes to politics.

I believe he's the one who always posts 2008 (rather than 2012) numbers to convince us all how rich and educated Democrats are (L-O-L).

He's just very self-centered. Judging by previous posts and responses, I would say he has a Napoleonic inferiority-superiority complex and can't decide if he is better or worse than everyone else but knows he is most certainly different.

I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, but I think we should see how he responds. I'm glad to see we still have Rockefeller Republicans. We need high-energy moderate progressive republicans like Nelson and Winthrop.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 12:03:34 PM »

Yea, I'm "sick" because I disagree with you. Makes total sense Roll Eyes

Stephen Makes a good point about the nonsense about that argument, except with African Americans instead of LGBT   , :

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stephen-a-smith-wishes-every-black-american-would-vote-gop-for-one-election/

Part of the reason I'm Republican (other than agreeing with them on 80% of issues) is because contrary to popular belief, Republicans aren't going anywhere and more good can be done by changing the party from within, rather than just defecting to the other side. 

Freedom Post.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 03:22:56 PM »

Democrats are extremely talented at taking certain groups' votes for granted and then belittling those that don't fall in line.  It's an age-old party tradition!
Cubans are white
Hispanics who seem white are bad
Tim Scott is awful
Bobby Jindal is a tanned corrupt machine

Etc., etc.

Sure, the Democrats are better on the rights of LGBT people, but what if they don't want the government to make sure to protect them from discrimination and to treat them differently?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies