Gay/Lesbian vote historically (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:09:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Gay/Lesbian vote historically (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay/Lesbian vote historically  (Read 10056 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: December 07, 2015, 08:04:06 PM »

As a another Log Cabin Republican, I must say that I am so amused that the far-left gets so riled up about some LGBT people voting R.

I must say that the Log Cabin Republicans are like the puppy with an abusive owner who wants to be petted, but instead he gets kicked. I cannot in good conscience vote for a member of a political party whose candidates for President went palling around with religious leaders who openly say they want us executed.

Now as for me personally, the 2010 election was when I started following politics closely and the rabid whack jobs that resulted are what have inspired my future run for elected office as a pragmatic, progressive Democrat.

What "palling around"? Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum might have gone around with religious leaders who say they want all homosexuals arrested, but why does that mean I can't be a liberal Republican like Christine Todd Whitman or Rudy Giuliani?

The poster you're quoting has the most narrow-minded view of politics I've ever seen.  He wants and needs to find every justification out there to pad his superiority complex when it comes to politics.

I believe he's the one who always posts 2008 (rather than 2012) numbers to convince us all how rich and educated Democrats are (L-O-L).
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:55:11 AM »

So back to the topic, no one has any idea how LGBTs voted pre-1992?  I mean it's not like the Democratic Party has been the clearly more pro-LGBT party before about 2000 (which is the OP's point).
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 02:05:25 PM »

Democrats are extremely talented at taking certain groups' votes for granted and then belittling those that don't fall in line.  It's an age-old party tradition!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies