Sen. Rick Santorum compares Senate Democrats to Adolph Hitler...

(1/12) > >>

Moooooo:
At one point Santorum said Democrats had the "audacity" to say Republicans were attempting to break the filibuster rule.

"It's the equivalent of Adolf Hitler in 1942 saying, `I'm in Paris. How dare you invade me? How dare you bomb my city? It's mine.'"

Windows Media Player   Quick Time

Side Note:  On March 1, Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) made a reference to Hitler in a speech about the nuclear option. Santorum lashed out at Byrd for his remarks. From the 3/11/05 Charleston Journal: Byrd roused the ire of many Republicans when he tangentially referred to Adolf Hitler during a speech on March 1 defending cloture and the right to debate.

Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., asked Byrd to retract his comments, stating they “lessen the credibility of the senator and the decorum of the Senate.”

A18:
That's not comparing the two in any substantive way.

Moooooo:
Quote from: A18 on May 19, 2005, 09:16:25 PM

Of course it does.  He should have never brought up Hitler in the first place.  I guess Senate Democrats can expect an apology from Mr. Santorum.

The Dowager Mod:
Quote from: nickshepDEM on May 19, 2005, 09:19:21 PM

Quote from: A18 on May 19, 2005, 09:16:25 PM

Of course it does.  He should have never brought up Hitler in the first place.  I guess Senate Democrats can expect an apology from Mr. Santorum.

And pigs started flying when?

A18:
How? Both of them don't have legitimate control of what they're demanding in that 'comparison.'

Now, if he said, Democrats are a lot like Hitler, that'd be different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page