Price of a poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:19:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process
  Polling (Moderator: muon2)
  Price of a poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Price of a poll  (Read 1530 times)
Eomer
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »

How much does a poll cost? And how can I charge somebody with conducting a poll?

If I want to have the remaining states polled, how do I do this?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 10:15:46 AM »

Well, all I can help with here is the base cost for polls that utilize robo-polling.

If you have a rather large contract or agreement with a robo-survey/robo-calling provider, then you will be looking at an initial cost for the first question and a subsequent cost for each additional question. I have access to such a system, which charges $0.05 for the first question (up to 30 seconds), followed by $0.03 for each additional question up to the same length. This is billed not based on dials, but on actual responses provided.

So, assuming you ask a total of 10 questions (several for their demographic profile, several about various races or something comparable) and receive 10 responses from a total of 1,500 people:

($0.05) + ($0.27) * 1500 = $480.00

However, I am unsure of the exact number of people who on average will need to be surveyed before obtaining the ideal, scientific sample under such conditions, but at least you have a base-line for one of the scenarios here.
Eomer
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 11:03:03 AM »

This isn't nearly as much as I'd thought. Okay, it may not be payable by my piggy bank, but the Atlas community could afford missing polls via crowdsourcing/crowdfunding.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies