Do the Republicans have the votes to go Nuclear?

(1/11) > >>

Moooooo:
Do the Republicans even have the votes to go "Nuclear"?  McCain, Snowe, and Chafee have already stated that they will vote against the Nuclear option.  Collins is on the record saying she has made up her mind, but isn't telling.  Hagel, Warner, and Sununu have all expressed deep concerns regarding the nuclear option.

What do you guys think?

TheresNoMoney:
I think they probably do. After McCain, Chafee, Snowe, and Collins, I don't think there's another two.

Sununu is  far right-winger who tries to pose as a moderate. He'll definitely vote to eliminate.

Do the Republicans need 51 votes or just a majority? I read that a few Senators may abstain.

Blue Rectangle:
I think we'll find out soon.

I also think that Frist will get the votes he needs.  The crash of RINOs that is expressing deep reservations is doing so to avoid the appearance of prejudice.  They want to be able to say how reluctantly they made their decision to vote against filibuster.  Fortunately for Frist, the Democrats are doing everything they can to increase conflict and force a showdown.  The RINOs will use this behavior to justify their change of heart.

I'd say Chafee and at most two others defect.

Moooooo:
Quote from: Blue Rectangle on May 18, 2005, 11:18:21 AM

I think we'll find out soon.

Are we all going to die?

AuH2O:
First only needs 50 votes. Cheney is #51. So even if two more defect, it wouldn't matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page