Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:45:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship  (Read 11421 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »

Politico does it again. It was almost exactly four years ago they published the first story about Herman Cain's sexual harassment allegations. That was October 30th, 2011, which was just 11 days after Cain gained a small lead in the RCP average. The parallels are kind of spooky.

It's almost like the whole thing is theater following a script, just with a different group of players.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2015, 05:56:45 PM »

#PoliticosmearsblackConservatives #LiberalMSMRealRacists
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2015, 05:57:32 PM »

Carson is taking a beating on PredictIt.

Before the Politico article he was leading the 'who will win Iowa', priced at 35¢ but now he is down to 3rd, priced at 21¢ (40% drop). He has also dropped from 14¢ to 10¢ on who will win GOP nomination (now ranked below Kasich). And he is now tied with Paul as 4th most likely to drop out  next (priced jumped from 1¢ to 11¢)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2015, 06:32:03 PM »

Yes, it's exactly like Herman Cain, because you know they're both... er... you know....

Politico has dropped the "fabrication" claim from their headline.  Now the headline says Carson never applied, which Carson never claimed to have done.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »

Yes, it's exactly like Herman Cain, because you know they're both... er... you know....

Politico has dropped the "fabrication" claim from their headline.  Now the headline says Carson never applied, which Carson never claimed to have done.

No, he just claimed he was offered something that I'm not sure exists, by someone who wasn't in the position to offer it, even if it did exist.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2015, 06:49:49 PM »

No, he just claimed he was offered something that I'm not sure exists, by someone who wasn't in the position to offer it, even if it did exist.

You are a kid who is told that you could go to college without paying.  Do you really care about whether it is technically a scholarship?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »

You are a kid who is told that you could go to college without paying.  Do you really care about whether it is technically a scholarship?

Ben Carson is Doogie Howser?!  This story gets better and better by the minute.

I was under the impression he wrote his book after he became a doctor.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »

Are you familiar with how memory works?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »

Yeah.  I remember I sh**t my pants when I was two and a half.  I'm out of college.  I don't sh**t my pants anymore.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »

What you said bears no connection to what I wrote.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2015, 10:01:46 PM »

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »

Here's the full article. More where that came from.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2015, 10:13:19 PM »

so apparently the Popeye's Chicken robbery story isn't true either. (or at least verifiable)

What is weird is that Carson has a genuine interesting story. Rising from poverty in Detroit to renowned neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins is pretty damn impressive. Why the need to exaggerate and/or invent these little  anecdotes?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »

The lies are quickly unraveling.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2015, 10:14:41 PM »

What is weird is that Carson has a genuine interesting story. Rising from poverty in Detroit to renowned neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins is pretty damn impressive. Why the need to exaggerate and/or invent these little  anecdotes?

God complex.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2015, 12:52:28 AM »

What you said bears no connection to what I wrote.

You were being incredibly vague, so I guessed.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2015, 12:57:41 AM »

Yeah.  I remember I sh**t my pants when I was two and a half.  I'm out of college.  I don't sh**t my pants anymore.

I'll take that as a no.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2015, 01:13:19 AM »

The Donald will now regain his spot at #1.

Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2015, 02:07:46 AM »

I thought this could be the downfall, but after seeing Fox News tonight, I think he might not drop for now. They are doing such a strong spin job attacking the "liberal media", their loyal viewers may buy into it.

Sure enough, while my dad was celebrating his apparent demise, my soon to be MIL (who has read his books) told me this has caused her to switch FROM Cruz TO Carson.... These people have no reason...
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2015, 05:36:46 AM »

So conservatives don't even have to hear what Obama has to say and they "know" he's lying, but Carson can pathologically lie 24/7 and he's seen as a good honest man?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »

This is a picture from Carson's house. It strikes me as just a tad megalomanical to hang...that...in your house.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2015, 01:21:43 PM »

Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. How did that one ever get past anyone's B.S. detectors in the first place? That anecdote reads on its face like one of those old college urban legends that gets passed around in chain emails and your friends' facebook posts. I don't need the Wall Street Journal to tell me that none of that nonsense ever happened.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2015, 04:56:10 PM »

Does evil exist?

The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists? A student bravely replied, “Yes, he did!”

“God created everything? The professor asked.

“Yes sir”, the student replied.

The professor answered, “If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil”. The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, “Can I ask you a question professor?”

“Of course”, replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, “Professor, does cold exist?”

“What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?” The students snickered at the young man’s question.

The young man replied, “In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat.”

The student continued, “Professor, does darkness exist?”

The professor responded, “Of course it does.”

The student replied, “Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton’s prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn’t this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present.”

Finally the young man asked the professor, “Sir, does evil exist?”

Now uncertain, the professor responded, “Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man’s inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.”

To this the student replied, “Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God’s love present in his heart. It’s like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.”

The professor sat down.

The young man’s name -- Ben Carson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies