Missouri (PPP) - Koster (D) leads most matchups
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Missouri (PPP) - Koster (D) leads most matchups
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Missouri (PPP) - Koster (D) leads most matchups  (Read 4125 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:37:36 PM »
« edited: August 11, 2015, 02:43:20 PM by Wulfric »

Kinder (R) - 40%
Koster (D) - 37%

Koster (D) - 39%
Dixon (R) - 35%

Koster (D) - 40%
Hanaway  (R) - 36%

Koster (D) - 40%
Asbury (R) - 35%

Koster  (D) - 41%
Brunner (R) - 36%

Koster (D) - 40%
Greitens (R) - 34%

Koster (D)  - 39%
Korman (R) - 31%

R Primary:

Kinder 27, Hanaway 11, Brunner 9, Dixon 7, Asbury 5, Greitens 4, Korman 1

Incumbent Gov. Jay Nixon is at 36/48 approval

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/08/missouri-senate-governors-races-competitive.html
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »

With Kinder the likely nominee, I don't see Koster winning. However, I'm surprised Kinder is doing so much better. Is it just better name recognition? (is there a link?)
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »

With Kinder the likely nominee, I don't see Koster winning. However, I'm surprised Kinder is doing so much better. Is it just better name recognition? (is there a link?)

Yeah, I added it to the OP.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »

Everyone is in the 30s, so yes, I think this is name recognition. I can imagine Kinder totally blowing it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

Everyone is in the 30s, so yes, I think this is name recognition. I can imagine Kinder totally blowing it.
Why do you believe this???
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »

Why do you believe this???

Because Kinder was elected to a position that doesn't really matter (Lieutenant Governor), has a history of corruption and making very damaging statements, and even at that position has never won re-election very convincingly. Kinder has low information name recognition - I doubt he will stay where he is in the face of more impressive candidates like Greitens, Brunner, or even Hanaway.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »

Wow Nixon's approvals are lower than I expected.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2015, 09:01:36 PM by maxheem »

Why? His response to Ferguson was horrendous, which explains African Americans approving of him by 49/37, which is horrible for a Democrat.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »

Jay Nixon will probably never be vice president or a Cabinet position. Sad. Missouri is winnable for Democrats. Period.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:55 PM »

Why? His response to Ferguson was horrendous, which explains African Americans approving of him by 49/37, which is horrible for a Democrat.
I expected low, but not 36% low.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »

Jay Nixon will probably never be vice president or a Cabinet position. Sad. Missouri is winnable for Democrats. Period.

Yes, for Gubernatorial elections. However, it will probably never go Democrat for President or Senator again until the next political realignment of the nation.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 11:14:49 AM »

Kander is wave insurance but he is doing reasonable well against Blunt.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 06:22:18 PM by RG Griff »

Nixon was stupid to pander to low-information, cretinous white voters via the Ferguson incident. When will Democrats ever learn that we are long past the stage of being able to woo white voters with conservative, racist and bigoted policies? Their love for partisanship and hatred for the Democratic Party overpowers even Democrats "doing the right thing" in their eyes. All Nixon did was piss away vital black support in the process. Was 2014 not a big enough of a wake-up call? There are plenty of other individual instances, too, so I guess not. Every white voter who will vote for a Democrat either already is doing so or will swing based on strong economic stances rooted in the modern Democratic policy era.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 07:05:50 PM »

Nixon was stupid to pander to low-information, cretinous white voters via the Ferguson incident. When will Democrats ever learn that we are long past the stage of being able to woo white voters with conservative, racist and bigoted policies? Their love for partisanship and hatred for the Democratic Party overpowers even Democrats "doing the right thing" in their eyes. All Nixon did was piss away vital black support in the process. Was 2014 not a big enough of a wake-up call? There are plenty of other individual instances, too, so I guess not. Every white voter who will vote for a Democrat either already is doing so or will swing based on strong economic stances rooted in the modern Democratic policy era.

What was the point of Nixon's pandering anyways? Was he actually thinking of running for Senate or President?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »

Do you think that white voters will ever consider voting Democratic again regardless of what happened?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »

Do you think that white voters will ever consider voting Democratic again regardless of what happened?

The roughly 60% of them who are no longer voting Democratic? Of course not!* That was the point of what I just said. That's why spineless Democratic politicians need to stop making terrible and diluted decisions in order to pander to them; all it does is depress core constituencies, and weakens our ability to appeal to unengaged groups and swing voters who value decisiveness and strength over pussy-footing panderers.

*Barring a total realignment
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »

What was the point of Nixon's pandering anyways? Was he actually thinking of running for Senate or President?

Maybe he actually believes in what he did, I don't know...I don't think he was planning a run. The issue is that people like him - if that's his genuine compass - and beliefs like that no longer have a place in the party because the world is totally different from what it was when he was first elected. Yeah, it still worked in 2008, but not anymore. The people who used to come on board via pandering like that no longer do in the post-2008 era (in reality, it's more that a lot of the ones who did have died since then), so it's time to ditch those blue dog and Dixiecrat strategies and embrace the new coalition and new majority.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »

Yes, for Gubernatorial elections. However, it will probably never go Democrat for President or Senator again until the next political realignment of the nation.

If a Republican's elected President and/or Governor, I can easily picture McCaskill winning again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies