Kasich has meltdown rages about Trump and Carson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:00:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich has meltdown rages about Trump and Carson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Kasich has meltdown rages about Trump and Carson  (Read 5574 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »

I think what he's really surprised at is the fact that he, the popular governor of a crucial swing state, is lagging far behind two men with zero government experience and little knowledge of the issues.

Why would anyone expect a former Fox News talking head and managing director of Lehman Bros. to do better than a nationally-known and massively successful businessman, or a reknowned, retired neurosurgeon who is also a prominent faith-based speaker and author?

If you look at it from a different perspective it doesn't seem so surprising.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 09:01:15 PM »

I think what he's really surprised at is the fact that he, the popular governor of a crucial swing state, is lagging far behind two men with zero government experience and little knowledge of the issues.

Why would anyone expect a former Fox News talking head and managing director of Lehman Bros. to do better than a nationally-known and massively successful businessman, or a reknowned, retired neurosurgeon who is also a prominent faith-based speaker and author?

It makes sense that Trump and Carson would be more charismatic, but Kasich has experience with governing, and Trump and Carson don't.

This primary season is so weird. Come on, I want a President, not an inspirational speaker or a reality show.
bobloblaw
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 09:02:51 PM »

He is done
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 09:19:40 PM »

I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 10:09:09 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2015, 10:12:25 PM by I support Sanders »

He's absolutely right, and this is why I will be supporting him if he is the nominee against Hillary. He is an adult, and is one of a few sane Republicans currently running. I have been saying for months now that Kasich will be the nominee. Trump and Carson will soon falter, and Bush and Christie are already done. Marco Rubio will face Trump's wrath tomorrow night and soon be polling with Huckabee and Cruz. Kasich will be the establishment's pick.

Sanders > Kasich > Clinton?

lol okay dude
Kasich is a much better candidate than Hillary, as is George Pataki, and I would support either of them over her. Does that bother you? Are you a Hillary supporter?
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 10:13:31 PM »

It makes sense that Trump and Carson would be more charismatic, but Kasich has experience with governing, and Trump and Carson don't.

This primary season is so weird. Come on, I want a President, not an inspirational speaker or a reality show.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 10:18:18 PM »

He's absolutely right, and this is why I will be supporting him if he is the nominee against Hillary. He is an adult, and is one of a few sane Republicans currently running. I have been saying for months now that Kasich will be the nominee. Trump and Carson will soon falter, and Bush and Christie are already done. Marco Rubio will face Trump's wrath tomorrow night and soon be polling with Huckabee and Cruz. Kasich will be the establishment's pick.

lol okay dude
Kasich is a much better candidate than Hillary, as is George Pataki, and I would support either of them over her. Does that bother you? Are you a Hillary supporter?

Kasich is a 90s conservative as is George Pataki. They will do 90-95% of the things a conservative Republican President would do. They may say a nice thing or two about gay marriage, may not deport everyone, but that's about it. Hillary Clinton is a liberal democrat with a moderate temperament. She'll do 90-95% of the things a liberal Democratic President would do. Unless you are just bitter that Bernie Sanders didn't win, there is no reason a Democrat who generally agrees with the party line should be voting for John Kasich or George Pataki.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2015, 10:49:06 PM by TRUMP SAYS #DeportTheIrish »

lol okay dude

Look, I prefer Sanders to Clinton too, but you could choose better Republicans than losers like Kasich and Pataki. If you are going to vote for a guy running a half-serious campaign like Sanders in the primary, you better at least respect actual serious contenders like Trump against Hill-dawg.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »

Call it a meltdown, call it going on the attack, call it what you will...Kasich's rally actually got some media attention, which is pretty good for him these days.

But looking at what Kasich says, Bush's "I've got better things to do" and Graham's "I can't believe I'm losing to these guys" and it appears the mainstream 'governing' wing are finally waking up to the new reality of the GOP. They rode the Tea Party/crazy wing to victories in 2010 and 2014, and stood by silently while talk radio and Fox redefined what it means to be a conservative and now they act all surprised. The base is mad as hell and isn't going to take it anymore and aren't ready to fall in line.

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 10:57:41 PM »

And yet he and his low energy RINO supporters will still vote for TRUMP/CARSON 2016 in the general.

Yes. It's time to admit it. Trump/Carson 2016 is the best ticket. Embrace it! Bring New Mexico back into the fold! Solid South rules!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 10:59:01 PM »

lol okay dude
Ah, good. I missed the Deaniacs.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 11:41:34 PM »

Man, this almost makes me want to change my support back to Kasich. So many good lines. My only real complain in here was the schtick about "people who get in the way of progress" because he used that P-word which means whatever the academic left wants it to mean. But overall, Gov. Kasich had a number of great zingers in here that actually made sense and are relevant to the campaign. Think, all those attacks and not a single one about another candidate's appearance. It was like an alternative universe in which the presidential campaign isn't a joke.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 12:01:11 AM »

And yet he and his low energy RINO supporters will still vote for TRUMP/CARSON 2016 in the general.

Why do you support Trump over a sensible person like Kasich
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 12:06:21 AM »

lol okay dude

Kasich is a 90s conservative as is George Pataki. They will do 90-95% of the things a conservative Republican President would do. They may say a nice thing or two about gay marriage, may not deport everyone, but that's about it. Hillary Clinton is a liberal democrat with a moderate temperament. She'll do 90-95% of the things a liberal Democratic President would do. Unless you are just bitter that Bernie Sanders didn't win, there is no reason a Democrat who generally agrees with the party line should be voting for John Kasich or George Pataki.
I don't believe anything Hillary says. I prefer a reasonable, honest '90's conservative.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 12:09:49 AM »

lol okay dude

Look, I prefer Sanders to Clinton too, but you could choose better Republicans than losers like Kasich and Pataki. If you are going to vote for a guy running a half-serious campaign like Sanders in the primary, you better at least respect actual serious contenders like Trump against Hill-dawg.
I don't accept the premise that Trump is either a "serious contender," or that he is qualified for the position of the Presidency. Kasich and Pataki are experienced multi-term executives of large states with large populations of Democrats. I would support either of them to Trump and Hillary.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2015, 08:41:48 AM »

My reaction was that Kasich was not losing it, but rather just telling it like it is, in a quite disciplined manner.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2015, 09:22:28 AM »

lol okay dude

I don't believe anything Hillary says. I prefer a reasonable, honest '90's conservative.

There is nothing reasonable or honest about a 90s Conservative.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2015, 09:23:45 AM »

lol okay dude

I don't accept the premise that Trump is either a "serious contender," or that he is qualified for the position of the Presidency. Kasich and Pataki are experienced multi-term executives of large states with large populations of Democrats. I would support either of them to Trump and Hillary.

Almost all of Kasich's successes are about targeting the right businesses with tax credits, which is all you can ask for from a state governor, but it will certainly not translate to the presidency. He has no serious policy proposals and lacks any excitement. His private sector career...ugh! Pataki is a far right economic hardliner with no plans running because he is clearly suffering from some sort of disorder and wants to feel important. Being from a blue state doesn't make you moderate...

Trump actually has put forth serious proposals and energy, so much so that his rivals are copying his playbook. He is the only one with the political acumen to get stuff done and the only one who can use the presidency as a bully pulpit to rile up the people. He also has the best negotiating skills by far. It's obvious you haven't read The Holy Art of the Deal; that book is all the experience you need.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »

What the hell is the point of Kasich?

Is it just people who want a Republican to win just for the sake of it?

Hillary Clinton has a history in Washington like Kasich
Hillary Clinton supports Medicaid expansion like Kasich
Hillary Clinton supports public-private tax credits for job creation like Kasich
Hillary Clinton is okay with the gays like Kasich
Hillary Clinton supports immigration reform like Kasich
Hillary Clinton supports tax cuts for poor to middle class like Kasich
Hillary Clinton is a remember how great the 90s were throwback like Kasich

Kasich offers nothing substantively different from Clinton except giving people like Wulfric who have a weird psychological block against voting for her somebody to vote for
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »

Hillary Clinton supports public-private tax credits for job creation like Kasich

Kasich offers nothing substantively different from Clinton except giving people like Wulfric who have a weird psychological block against voting for her somebody to vote for

Details matter. Broad brush stokes don't get one too far.
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »

Details matter. Broad brush stokes don't get one too far.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »

Good for Kasich. He's still my second choice, and a Kasich/Rubio ticket or vice versa would be a formidable opponent for Hillary Clinton.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2015, 09:58:20 AM by CrabCake the Liberal Magician »

"I support Sanders" seems to be having his cake and eating it too, in regards to his baffling simultaneous love for inane moderates like Pataki and literal Lehman Bros. executives like Kasich; and more idealogical demagogues like his namesake. It doesn't make much logical sense support both over a moderate like Clinton The Latter, unless you really dislike vaginas.

Devil's advocate: only Nixon can go to China syndrome. The congressional GOP might bicker with a democrat but gladly go along with a GOP executive's plans, even if they would have been identical to Hilllary's.

It's similar to how Donald Trump basically says half of BernieSanders' platform, but gets away with it via posturing. Trump, whatever you think of the man, is a master of defining things in his own image.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2015, 10:22:02 AM »

The difference is that Kasich is not a known criminal.
bobloblaw
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2015, 10:44:20 AM »

I think Jeb continues to flail, and Kasich will rightly take his crown from Rubio as the new establishment. I just see Rubio as a bunch of hot air, a puppet, with no record.

Like Obama?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies