Dems Can't Keep Losing Dixie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:00:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Dems Can't Keep Losing Dixie
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Dems Can't Keep Losing Dixie  (Read 43290 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2009, 02:18:56 AM »

A clearer picture:

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2009, 02:22:58 AM »

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2009, 03:51:20 AM »

Dixie can't keep losing Dems.

The more the Republicans take over, the more backwards this sh**thole will become.
And what sh**thole is that?

The South, what is this damn thread about?

I like America, but not the South. There are better racists out there.

Yeah, Nazis > KKK

In every way possible.

Yeah, totally Sieg Heil, man. Let's turn the whole South into Lebensraum; we'll throw the blacks and the Muslims and the libertarians into the camps.

And Jews and Slavs and fags and Republicans.

The South has slavs?

Along with the Jews and the fags of course.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2009, 06:50:01 AM »

Including MD, DE and DC in the South could make sense geographically, but certainly not politically.
Why not? If Mississippi suddenly started voting for liberal Democrats, it would cease to be part of the South?

Yes.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2009, 06:56:42 AM »

Including MD, DE and DC in the South could make sense geographically, but certainly not politically.
Why not? If Mississippi suddenly started voting for liberal Democrats, it would cease to be part of the South?

Yes.

Well clearly I underestimated the level of stupidity of your argument.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2009, 07:05:31 AM »

Yes.

Political regions are not geographical regions. MD gave 60% of its votes to Obama, while WV gave him only 46%. Some exceptions can be accepted, but putting MD in the South is just stupid.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2009, 07:21:16 AM »

Yes.

Political regions are not geographical regions. MD gave 60% of its votes to Obama, while WV gave him only 46%. Some exceptions can be accepted, but putting MD in the South is just stupid.

By your ridiculous non-logic, the South completely ceased to exist decades ago, since voting Democratic was one of the most ingrained features of Southern culture for nearly a century.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2009, 07:24:04 AM »

Yes.

By your ridiculous non-logic, the South completely ceased to exist decades ago, since voting Democratic was one of the most ingrained features of Southern culture for nearly a century.

It changed : the trend was common to the whole South (and not to MD and DE) so my "ridiculous non-logic" is confirmed.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2009, 07:27:45 AM »

Yes.

It changed : the trend was common to the whole South (and not to MD and DE) so my "ridiculous non-logic" is confirmed.

No offense, but this is seriously one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard on this forum. A state does not cease to exist in its own region because of its voting patterns. 

MD, DE, VA, FL, and NC all voted Democratic, and all are part of the South.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2009, 10:12:44 AM »

Yes.

No offense, but this is seriously one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard on this forum. A state does not cease to exist in its own region because of its voting patterns. 

Not because of the voting patterns, you moron. Because of the completely different culture they possess in comparison to the rest of the south. MD and DE are part of the Mid-Atlantic. The Northeast.

Not to mention the fact that those states were once considered part of the South because of culture, not because of geography.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »

Yes.

Not because of the voting patterns, you moron.
Excuse me? Who was talking to you anyway?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Completely different culture? Please stop taking these bullsh**t 'facts' out of your ass. MD and DE are little different from many areas along the coastal Southeast.

MD and DE in the Northeast? LOL

No, they are considered part of the South because they are part of the South.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »

Yes.

Completely different culture? Please stop taking these bullsh**t 'facts' out of your ass. MD and DE are little different from many areas along the coastal Southeast.

'Who was talking to you anyway?' This quote proves you  are obviously a child, or at least someone with the mentality of a first grader.

No, MD and DE are a LOT different than the states below them, but then again you would have to know something about their culture, or have a completely developed brain, and you clearly have neither. 90% of people will tell you that MD & DE belong in the Northeast, rather than the south.

They were considered part of the south because of their culture, but their culture has changed significantly. Therefore, if they were geographically southern, it would make sense to continue grouping them in with the south. However, they are NOT geographically southern, and it is absurd state that they are. This is why most people will refer to WV and KY as the 'south' even though they are geographically not.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2009, 05:19:43 PM »

3. AR, TN, KY, WV: Obama lost all because of his race

I disagree. Outer south has a long tradition of republican trend since 1996, and even 1980 if you exclude 92, which can be easily explained.

I remember very well 2006 Senate elections, in which Harold Ford leads at many points. And I remember relations after his defeat, including talks with people from heavily Democratic, but mostly white counties. One of local officials said: "we are loyal Democrats, but people here just don't want to vote for Black". This contributed significantly to Corker victory.

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »

Yes.

'Who was talking to you anyway?' This quote proves you  are obviously a child, or at least someone with the mentality of a first grader.

No, MD and DE are a LOT different than the states below them, but then again you would have to know something about their culture, or have a completely developed brain, and you clearly have neither. 90% of people will tell you that MD & DE belong in the Northeast, rather than the south.

They were considered part of the south because of their culture, but their culture has changed significantly. Therefore, if they were geographically southern, it would make sense to continue grouping them in with the south. However, they are NOT geographically southern, and it is absurd state that they are. This is why most people will refer to WV and KY as the 'south' even though they are geographically not.
Oh I see, you just repeated yourself. After your childish insults, your credibility is already in the toilet, so my apologies if I don't take your word for it (or anything).

MD and DE are part of the South. They always have been, and always will be, unless they decide to pick up and move the whole state borders northward.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »

Yes.

Oh I see, you just repeated yourself. After your childish insults, your credibility is already in the toilet, so my apologies if I don't take your word for it (or anything).

MD and DE are part of the South. They always have been, and always will be, unless they decide to pick up and move the whole state borders northward.

They were not childish insults, they were honest observations. No, they are not part of the south and you repeating the claim does not give it any more validity.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2009, 05:49:02 PM »

Yes.

They were not childish insults, they were honest observations. No, they are not part of the south and you repeating the claim does not give it any more validity.

My claim is backed up by history and reality. Yours...your opinion.

While you may be love in with yourself and your opinions, no one else is.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »

Those laws are not in force today. Marlyand and Delaware are not today Southern.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2009, 07:33:56 PM »

Those laws are not in force today. Marlyand and Delaware are not today Southern.

Those laws are not in force anywhere today. The fact of the matter is that Maryland and Delaware are historically Southern states.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2009, 08:12:17 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2009, 08:14:36 PM by ShadowOfTheWave »

Those laws are not in force anywhere today. The fact of the matter is that Maryland and Delaware are historically Southern states.

Yes, but the concept you can't seem to grasp is that things change, and them being 'historically southern' has nothing to do with them today. They are neither geographically nor culturally southern.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »

Yes, but the concept you can't seem to grasp is that things change, and them being 'historically southern' has nothing to do with them today. They are neither geographically or culturally southern.

Listen, Maryland and Delaware are the South by pretty much any rational standard. But I don't care about this nonsensical discussion anymore. It is inconsequential. If you don't want to believe MD and DE are southern, then don't.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2009, 08:49:50 PM »

Yes, but the concept you can't seem to grasp is that things change, and them being 'historically southern' has nothing to do with them today. They are neither geographically or culturally southern.

Listen, Maryland and Delaware are the South by pretty much any rational standard. But I don't care about this nonsensical discussion anymore. It is inconsequential. If you don't want to believe MD and DE are southern, then don't.
Unlike the other southern states, they are reliably Democratic. Maybe I wouldn't go so far as to say they are in the Northeast, but they are not really similar to Southern culture anymore. What would you say unifies them with the South today (not historically)?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2009, 09:21:24 PM by Libertas »

Unlike the other southern states, they are reliably Democratic. Maybe I wouldn't go so far as to say they are in the Northeast, but they are not really similar to Southern culture anymore. What would you say unifies them with the South today (not historically)?

I'd say they are for the most part comparable to parts of urban/suburban Virginia and the Carolinas.

Also don't forget they are very small states, so urban areas with large minority populations dominate their politics. Baltimore, MD is as black as Atlanta, GA and Richmond, VA, and it votes about as lopsidedly in favor of the Democrats as they do. And there's no large rural area attached to counter-balance that.

Look at the county maps. Outside the cities, Maryland and Delaware are voting about as Republican as rural South Carolina and Georgia are. The majority of counties in Maryland are still voting GOP. In Delaware, Bush twice carried two out of three counties, and even with Joe Biden on the ticket, John McCain still carried southern Delaware.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »

I'd say they are for the most part comparable to parts of urban/suburban Virginia and the Carolinas.

Also don't forget they are very small states, so urban areas with large minority populations dominate their politics. Baltimore, MD is as black as Atlanta, GA and Richmond, VA, and it votes about as lopsidedly in favor of the Democrats as they do. And there's no large rural area attached to counter-balance that.

Look at the county maps. Outside the cities, Maryland and Delaware are voting about as Republican as rural South Carolina and Georgia are. The majority of counties in Maryland are still voting GOP. In Delaware, Bush twice carried two out of three counties, and even with Joe Biden on the ticket, John McCain still carried southern Delaware.

You base your assumptions off of election results, rather than any research or understanding of their culture. This makes perfect sense for someone with as little intelligence as yourself, and explains your idiotic statements as well.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2009, 09:45:08 PM »

You base your assumptions off of election results, rather than any research or understanding of their culture. This makes perfect sense for someone with as little intelligence as yourself, and explains your idiotic statements as well.

Shadow, I told you nicely to stop the juvenile trolling and insults. Now it's getting really annoying.

You haven't presented one iota of evidence to support your wrong opinions. As I said, I'm not interested in arguing with a self-absorbed dumbass.
Lee Atwater
Rookie

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »

Parts of the South over the next generation will gradually be brought into the mainstream of American society. The coastal South from Virginia to Florida will become more and more Liberal as they are colonized by Northern transplants and influxes of Latinos continue to pour in. This has already happened in North Carolina, Florida and Virginia and signs are pointing to the same trend happening in Georgia and South Carolina. Texas in a decade or so will also become a swing state due to the massive Hispanic population influx (45% of Texans under 40 are Hispanic, 44% are Anglo). The reactionary bible thumping trailer park infested core of the Republican party; the outer and deep south will only become more and more reactionary and form the rump of the party in the 21st century.

PVI scores for some of the coastal South:

FL:
1988=R+13
2008=R+4

VA:
1988=R+13
2008=R+1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies