Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:28:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Netanyahu: Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, Palestinian talked him into it  (Read 10606 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2015, 10:48:21 AM »

Even Angela Merkel denounced Netanyahu's absurd whitewashing of Hitler's role in the Holocaust.
If this isn't definite proof that he is a charlatan and a threat to Middle-East's stability then I don't know what is.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2015, 11:15:03 AM »

Even Angela Merkel denounced Netanyahu's absurd whitewashing of Hitler's role in the Holocaust.
If this isn't definite proof that he is a charlatan and a threat to Middle-East's stability then I don't know what is.

This is just surreal.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »

Strange.

I thought Reinhard Heydrich was German not Palestinian.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »

Danny and DavidB's comments sum up my thoughts.

Not defending this comment, but at the same time...the Mufti had a huge role in Jew hatred and promotion of the holocaust.

PM Netanyahu has my full support because if we stopped supporting politicians over dumb comments...there'd be no supporters of any politicians left.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »

Perhaps I knee jerk a bit from time to time, but it's not like the anti-Zionists are any better.  The difference is, most of you would never admit it.

"a bit". LOL.

and the fact you seem to be referring to me in that is proof you rarely read into it much, since I'm not even particularly anti-Israel, just anti-Netanyahu and Likud.
I'd say that was awfully self centered of you, but it's you, so that's a given.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »

Can you actually name anyone on this thread who's an anti-Zionist? It would be useful to direct your arguments at actual posters rather than strawmen.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2015, 06:40:14 PM »

And this buffoon had the chutzpah to claim he represents me.  I think not.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »

Not defending this comment, but at the same time...the Mufti had a huge role in Jew hatred and promotion of the holocaust.

No he didn't. The Holocaust wasn't something that was "promoted" in any public or diplomatic sense. It was kept quite on the down-low as much as possible.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2015, 10:57:57 PM »

No he didn't. The Holocaust wasn't something that was "promoted" in any public or diplomatic sense. It was kept quite on the down-low as much as possible.

And in any case, I bet Henry Ford's "The International Jew: the world's foremost problem" had much more to do with what led to the Holocaust.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2015, 11:51:43 PM »

Threads like these are why the Philosemites need to find a better hobby tbh.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »

It's funny how after winning an election, Netanyahu seems to be becoming increasingly unhinged.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »

And in any case, I bet Henry Ford's "The International Jew: the world's foremost problem" had much more to do with what led to the Holocaust.

Well considering that Hitler plagiarized big chunks of Mein Kampf straight out of Ford, it would, certainly seem there would be some connection.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »

I would say the Mufti had a much bigger role than you're saying in promoting anti-semitism, but he was really nothing more than a cheerleader for Hitler, essentially begging him to come to the area and wipe out the Jews for him. A small-timer not worthy of this level of attention, but still a despicable figure in history that more people should talk about.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »

Yes I'm sure the Grand Mufti was the main reason behind Palestinian anti-semitism and not the fact that the Jewish population in Mandatory Palestine had trippled from 6% to 18% from the end of WWI to 1933, and the fact that a large number of Palestine tenants had been displaced from their lands, as the Jewish immigrants bought land from the land owners (who often dwelled in Damascus).
mencken
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2015, 01:34:58 AM »

Yes I'm sure the Grand Mufti was the main reason behind Palestinian anti-semitism and not the fact that the Jewish population in Mandatory Palestine had trippled from 6% to 18% from the end of WWI to 1933, and the fact that a large number of Palestine tenants had been displaced from their lands, as the Jewish immigrants bought land from the land owners (who often dwelled in Damascus).

So blatant racism in response to demographic pressures is justified for "Palestinians" (who mysteriously were indistinguishable from Levantine Arabs prior to Jews wanting to live there), but even hinting that it may be advisable to reduce levels of immigration from the third-world into first-world nations is beyond the pale?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2015, 10:02:53 AM »

So blatant racism in response to demographic pressures is justified for "Palestinians" (who mysteriously were indistinguishable from Levantine Arabs prior to Jews wanting to live there), but even hinting that it may be advisable to reduce levels of immigration from the third-world into first-world nations is beyond the pale?

Yes let's call it racism that feudal serf/tenants blamed the people buying the land these people had lived on for centuries if not longer and expelled them from it, leaving them landless and in poverty.

...and the whole Palestinians being a new nationality is the most ridiculous and brain dead argument anybody have come with. The Palestinians like most pre-state groups defined themselves by language, religion and the region they lived in. So of course they didn't defined their nationality based on what the British renamed their proctectorate after it had been conquered, just as no Belgian would have defined themselves as Belgians before 1830 or no Canadians would have themselves as Canadians before 1791.
King of the Uzbeks
Rookie

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »

Ahh Bibi, bullsh**ter as always. Have fun building more settlements.
mencken
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »

Yes let's call it racism that feudal serf/tenants blamed the people buying the land these people had lived on for centuries if not longer and expelled them from it, leaving them landless and in poverty.

Facts disagree:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In any case, even if some Jews evicted the tenants from the land they farmed on, how does that imply that indiscriminate violence against Jews is not racist? Is there some material difference between "Jews are thieves" and "Mexicans are rapists"?

I would think the Canadians would be analogous to the Israelis in this instance, with both being settlers arriving to a sparsely populated area and constructively improving the farming yield and commerce of the area. Yet for some reason I do not see any First People groups boasting about driving the Canadians into the Atlantic Ocean; they seem pretty content with Nunavut and reaping the benefits of the Canadians' capital.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2015, 07:53:49 PM »

Does that mean Germany is off the hook?

No.  For the billionth time Merkel was forced to be the adult in the room...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/21/middleeast/netanyahu-hitler-grand-mufti-holocaust/
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2015, 08:47:32 PM »

When the PM of Israel acts as an apologetic to Adolf Hitler, something has gone wrong.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2015, 12:22:52 AM »

When the PM of Israel acts as an apologetic to Adolf Hitler, something has gone wrong.

Well said. And yet US conservatives were having a love affair with this guy not too long ago.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »

For once I agree with Merkel:

Germans and Austrians were like 99.9% responsible for it. Even though we of course know that it's not only Germans and Austrians who wanted to kill Jews, Jews were already (in danger of getting) killed for centuries elsewhere too ...
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »

Netanyahu considers revoking rights of Palestinians in East Jerusalem:
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/10/26/netanyahu-mulls-revoking-rights-for-some-palestinians-in-east-jerusalem.html
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »

I think this is a bad move that would inflame things further, but Abbas really needs to examine what happened to Gaza when Hamas declared war on Israel, and think about whether following suit is a good idea. Because at this point he's actively inciting violence against Israelis, and this is where that path leads.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »

If I compare this action to the Nuremberg laws would I be considered an Anti-Semite by the AIPAC crowd?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies