The Atlasian Sentinel: Presidential Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel: Presidential Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel: Presidential Debate  (Read 2256 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:43 PM »

Everyone,

There is a clear choice in this race. In a perfect world, my opponent would have already lost for his naivete on the problems that face our country. He doesn't understand that at its core, politics is a game of various manipulations. A forum filled with political junkies understands the real nature of politics. We are facing very difficult times. Niceness won't cut it, and the social manipulation that has always occurred in the game - from sending Smiley PMs to every voter, to bargaining for support by trading favors - will be more necessary than ever before to see us through it.

I possess the skills that are necessary in both a figurehead and a leader. We need someone who will be a ball-buster against the nay-sayers who are out there and who want to dismantle this great nation and our reforms. Whether you like me or not, I have always embodied these characteristics. Whether you've been on the receiving end or not, you can't deny they work. Let me put these skills to work for all of us for the next four months.

From filling cabinet positions to reviving the Senate, from pursuing order in the ConCon to establishing diplomatic relations, these are all areas in which the next President can influence the process. In my day, I have built entire regional governments from scratch, elected dozens of Senators, forged unholy alliances in times of great need, manipulated even the toughest public opinions in the opposite direction, built the most powerful political apparatus the modern game has known and I have survived everything that has been thrown at me. Because of all of this and more, I am ready to be your President more than arguably anyone else in recent history.

Game reform is all that matters. I am not getting into this to be partisan or to focus on a bunch of hoity-toity policy debates that will be washed away by a likely statute reboot in the coming months. I want to fix the game, and that is all. If that can be done in four months, then I won't seek a second term. It is all I'm concerned with - I never wanted to be President before, but I want to be now because the game needs a leader who can fix it and I genuinely believe I am the only one equipped to do so.

I am objectively equipped to handle that better than my opponent.  My rise to power coincided with the ushering in of an Atlasian Golden Era in 2013 and only once I stopped participating did the game begin to decline. My opponent's rise to power has coincided with the decay of every major Atlasian institution. If he was going to "Make Atlasia Great Again", wouldn't he have already done so as Senator, Speaker, and so on? The truth is that he lacks a critical component to accomplish it, that can't be taught or learned. That's not a criticism of him - just a fact! It's the same reason he doesn't understand that politics at its core is a game of manipulation.

I will work my heart out for you, I will stand up to the threats I've continuously warned you about - just like I tried to warn us and prevent us from getting to here by passing the three-region plan in 2013 - and we will truly Make Atlasia Great Again[hyperbole not needed] under my leadership.

The voting booth will open in a few hours. Possibly the last meaningful presidential election in Atlasian is about to begin. I can only ask that you make the right choice and elect me as your next President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »

Thank you to Speaker Cris and RG Griffin for an excellent debate. The debate has now concluded.

A note from the Atlasian Sentinel: After discussions with the staff, we will be making an endorsement. This endorsement is based on the content of the debate that occurred in this thread and will be announced later this evening.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 08:49:29 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel: Presidential Endorsement

BOLD LEADERSHIP REQUIRED

First off, The Sentinel would like to emphasis that we have two strong candidates running in this election. But have great records of achievement and Atlasia has greatly benefited from their service.

This election comes down to one thing: who can best lead Atlasia through perhaps its most challenging time? Atlasia has fallen in the past year, and many believe that the ConCon is this game's last chance at survival. We often stress on how an election "is the most important one we have had," but it is our opinion that in this instance, it is actually the case.

Atlasia needs strong leadership now more than ever. It needs a leader who isn't afraid of a challenge and when push comes to shove, will get the job done. It needs a leader whose sole focus is getting this game back on track and getting us a system of government that works. We don't have that right now.

Speaker Cris is a wonderful candidate. He has accomplished so much and has a history of bringing people together and creating a sense of unity in this game. We firmly believe that he will make a great president. One day.

The Atlasian Sentinel has decided to endorse RG Adam Griffin and Former President Duke to be the next President and Vice President of Atlasia. This decision comes after weeks of scrutinizing both candidates and paying close attention to this race - as you can see, we waited until right before the vote opened to make this decision. Ultimately, Atlasia needs a leader who can get the job done. We know that a President Adam Griffin will usher through a successful Constitutional Convention and leave Atlasia stronger than ever before.

When you vote this weekend, vote for bold leadership. Vote for Adam Griffin and Duke.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies