Does Jeb Bush have any chance to win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:56:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does Jeb Bush have any chance to win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Jeb Bush have any chance to win?  (Read 3840 times)
IronFist
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2015, 03:29:34 PM »

What is your opinion on this candidate? Does he have any chance to beat Trump or he is a lost cause? I really think that he doesn't have any chance to become the president. He lost his chance right after Donald Trump announced his campaign. If not him, everything could be different. Though I don't like him too much. He might be a good person but he belongs to the clan everyone got tired of.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 03:46:21 PM »

I feel quite confident saying that Jeb! will never be President of the United States of America.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 04:42:57 PM »

Just like Joe Biden; Jeb is there if Trump or if Hilary faltera and there's no smoking gun in Benghazi.

As far as I can tell Trump & Clinton are the nominees.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 12:35:29 AM »

I don't know anymore. He seems to have actually gotten worse during he campaign. I suppose there's a slim chance he rallies post-Xmas, but I wouldn't care to put money on it.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 12:49:53 AM »

It's sounding like this "campaign" is really a Dubya Apology Tour... and failing at it.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 01:00:40 AM »

When Sanders had some momentum prior to the debate I thought there might be a scenario where Bernie gets the nomination and Bush would have the advantage in the GE.

Now that it seems that Hillary has once again solidified herself as the Democratic nominee, I simply see no realistic way Bush could defeat her, barring a horrible scandal. Even then, Hillary eats scandals for breakfast, so she'd probably recover.

I think Bush will end up like Newt did last time around. Plenty of money to stay in the race longer than he should be, but he will ultimately not be the nominee. The establishment must be smart enough to realize that Rubio would be the better choice against Hillary.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 01:21:50 AM »

Jeb Bush is facing the same challenge Jon Huntsman faced four years ago. He's conservative, but portrayed as a moderate because he dares disagree with the base on a few issues. He's by far the best qualified candidate and acts the most presidential, yet he's forced to deal with inferior candidates (Trump, Cruz etc.) who have no business running and because he's not saying outrageous things, he's considered weak. He has the best knowledge of policy, but he's forced to deal with the silliness of the media and Trump. We all know how things went for Jon Huntsman, but that doesn't mean things have to be the same for Jeb Bush. Bush does have a fundraising and name I.D. advantage, two things Huntsman didn't have. He also is focusing on multiple states, Huntsman focused on one really. But Bush, like Huntsman, was steady in the debates, but he didn't really stand out the way Carly Fiorina did. Additionally, he waited too long to be aggressive towards Trump much like Huntsman waited too long to be aggressive towards Mitt Romney. He's probably the second most likely nominee.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 02:52:55 AM »

Absolutely yes. Underestimate Jeb! at your own peril. For me at least, he's one of the most likeable Republican politicians of all time. Yes, Christie and Rubio are both extremely likeable too, but that's not's exactly Jeb!'s fault.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 03:04:50 AM »

Of course he does. He will stay and when others drop out he will pick up support and eventually the not trump vote will consolidate. If he gets that then he is the nominee. I would image either he or Rubio is the nominee in the end. I used to think Kasich would pull it off but I only see that happening if Bush decides to end his campaign early
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 03:18:54 AM »

He would, if Trump could somehow trip up on his shoe laces, metaphorically speaking and politically break his neck, then Jeb's the dude😊
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 03:43:35 AM »

Yes, but he needs to get his act together and stop worrying about his last name and stop getting so worked up about his brother.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 07:13:19 AM »

I don't see it. I think Kasich will be the establishment-supported, best candidate for the GE when a few more candidates--Paul, Carson, and Rubio--drop out. Kasich can actually win.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 08:41:24 AM »

He can, but they dynamics of the race need to change for it to happen.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »

I don't see it. I think Kasich will be the establishment-supported, best candidate for the GE when a few more candidates--Paul, Carson, and Rubio--drop out. Kasich can actually win.
How is Kasich going to take Carson and Paul supporters?

He won't win Paul supporters, but Carson supporters are used to a boring guy who says nothing when he talks.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 09:50:35 AM »

How is Kasich going to take Carson and Paul supporters?

He won't win Paul supporters, but Carson supporters are used to a boring guy who says nothing when he talks. Of course, Carson supporters also want someone who doesn't measure compassion with dollars spent.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »

Rubio makes it hard to see any path for Jeb. If Trump/Carson go away, one way or the other, why would the voters who are not into just burning the whole place down (think Cruz) go to Jeb rather than Rubio?  There is no niche for an inarticulate and hesitant seeming and apparently rather introverted establishment candidate who can't effectively distance himself from Dubya's past mistakes.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:44 AM »

A very small chance, yes. He never really seemed like the likely nominee to me, except for a brief period this summer.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 10:28:09 AM »

Of course he does. People need to remember that Santorum was polling low single digits at this point in 2011 and ended up being the runner up for the nomination. People need to remember that Giuliani was leading the polls at this point in 2007. Polls right now may mean nothing. Check back in January.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »

Of course he does. People need to remember that Santorum was polling low single digits at this point in 2011 and ended up being the runner up for the nomination. People need to remember that Giuliani was leading the polls at this point in 2007. Polls right now may mean nothing. Check back in January.

Santorum was an excellent evangelical fit for Iowa and had one of the best Iowa managers in Chuck Laudner, who previously worked for Huckabee and knows how to win Iowa. Chuck Laudner works for Trump this cycle.

It's late October. Giuliani was actually losing his lead by this point. The biggest problem with Giuliani has that despite his lead in the national polls, he was doing poorly in IA, NH, and SC. Trump and Carson are both doing strongly.

Jeb has nowhere to go and very little ammo left in his arsenal.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 03:53:02 PM »

Santorum came up when Perry crashed and burned & Trump already is a tea party patriot; the establishment. Jeb is on the wrong side of the amnesty issue and isnt regaining any ground.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 06:05:08 PM »

Jeb's favourable/unfavourables are worse than Trump's. So no.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »

It's late October. Giuliani was actually losing his lead by this point. The biggest problem with Giuliani has that despite his lead in the national polls, he was doing poorly in IA, NH, and SC. Trump and Carson are both doing strongly.

Jeb has nowhere to go and very little ammo left in his arsenal.
I think it will become clear, in retrospect, that Jeb!'s never had much of a chance at the nomination and what little chance he had ended the moment Trump entered the race.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 06:16:56 PM »

Jeb has done worse than anyone's possible imagination could've come up with. So obviously, he has no chance to win.

The only establishment candidate with half of a chance is Marco Rubio, and he has his own problems. Don't even mention John Kasich.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies