Opinion of Janusz Korwin-Mikke
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:55:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Janusz Korwin-Mikke
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Opinion of Janusz Korwin-Mikke  (Read 876 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »

A Polish conservative libertarian politician...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7AHvILMcSI
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:16:06 PM »

Objectively trash.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 11:06:47 PM »

Objectively pretty based.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 11:08:01 PM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »

I don't like objectifying people, so I'll say that he's subjectively a flawed FF Smiley
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 11:18:02 AM »

Didn't he deny the Holocaust?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »

There is much talk about him having said anti-Semitic things, but I didn't manage to find any evidence for that. He doesn't appear to be the "classic Polish right-wing anti-Semite" type, because his conservatism is not clerical, it's more bourgeois. He also worked together with Milton Friedman. I can't rule it out, though, and if he really did that, it would definitely influence my opinion of him in a negative way.

For now, I really don't like his statements on women and gay people, but he's quite original and I like the way he advocates classical liberal positions on the economy and on the scope of the state, clearly applying the right principles (and there are very few prominent European politicians who do so) - so that's why I consider him a flawed FF, at least until I have more information on his alleged anti-Semitism.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »

Anybody who likes him is quite clearly deranged.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 03:35:05 PM »

Janusz Korwin-Mikke is not a politician. He is an Internet meme. A lot of people know him, like him but as a "that funny politician from the Internet" and don't even support his ideas. Also there is a lot of laugh about his teenage fan-base. But its hard to not notice his impact on Polish political scene as probably thanks to him nowadays a lot of the teenagers/students are economic liberals -especially thanks to the Internet.

I don't think that he wants to go into serious politics after so many years being out of the parliament - he have fun, have possibility to say something in media, his followers give money to the party and the show go on. I can understand that people from outside Poland can treat him like some psychopath politician, anti-Semite, homophobe etc. etc. but mainly (in my opinion) he is something like that half-inteligent, half-crazy (although some people says that all geniuses are somehow crazy, or otherwise) uncle who always on your family meetings is telling strange stories which no one want to listen for the 500th time. He is an integral part of Polish political folklore and without him there will be very boring.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 01:40:11 AM »

I don't know. It's very easy to be an outsider and just dick around and do nothing productive but perform super funny stunts lmao lol. In that sense he's little different from Grillo or Brand or any number of flamboyant cynics left or right. But I don't respect being cynical as inherently great, and I certainly could never respect anybody who muses about Hitler having no knowledge of the Final Solution and that Holocaust survivors have turned rememberence of the largest war crime in Europe's modern history into "an industry", that suggests the Paralympics should not be televised because the public shouldn't have to see disabled, that women's suffrage wasn't that great an idea etc.

He's a clown. And clowns should be left in the circus.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies