I want a debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:56:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I want a debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I want a debate  (Read 1746 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

« on: October 14, 2015, 07:34:36 AM »

Zero In is willing to moderate.

Maybe three co-moderators representing each candidate: Zero In (Cris/HC), Atlasian Picture-Journal (SWE/DF), and Mideast Record-Courier (Griff/Duke).
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:12:52 PM »

I've always found that using an IRC can be infinitely more effective than waiting over the course of days for candidates to post answers. With this model, you can actually get a debate in real-time, and then the moderator would just be tasked with posting a transcript here for everyone afterwards.

Also, in order to not overwhelm the candidates you could have a few debates Worth different themes.
This is an interesting idea. I don't have an IRC account (and frankly don't want one, to be honest), but I'd be fine with someone else moderating.

I do worry that such a format might make it difficult for non-IRC users to hear the candidates positions, though. Perhaps we could have a more traditional debate on the forum over the course of next week plus an additional IRC debate?

An IRC debate can be copied and pasted on to the boards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies