Northeast National Party (Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:39:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast National Party (Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast National Party (Statement)  (Read 535 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:31:37 AM »
« edited: October 26, 2015, 11:09:19 AM by Clyde1998 »

Today, I have decided to create a new political party: the Northeast National Party.

The party will support increased powers for the Northeast region, with the ultimate goal of Northeastern independence from the Republic of Atlasia.

The party platform shall be decided by the members of this new party.

I call on anyone who supports increased Northeastern power to support and join this new party.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »

I've always thought that a nationalist party would be a fun addition to the game, and it'll be interesting to see how this'll mix with the recent right-wing upsurge in Northeastern politics.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »

x evergreen
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 04:54:46 AM »

The presidential election is coming, as well as an at-large senate election. Question to the party membership - should we vote on endorsements for these elections?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »

I'd suggest not endorsing in the Presidential race since no candidate is likely to support freedom for the Northeast. As far as the Senate race goes, Talleyrand has expressed support for our cause in the past but we should ask him his thoughts at present.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 02:30:17 PM »

I'd suggest not endorsing in the Presidential race since no candidate is likely to support freedom for the Northeast.

swe/dallasfan?
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »

I'd suggest not endorsing in the Presidential race since no candidate is likely to support freedom for the Northeast. As far as the Senate race goes, Talleyrand has expressed support for our cause in the past but we should ask him his thoughts at present.
The Presidential candidates are:
  • clarence [Fed] - Hasn't posted since 11 September
  • Adam Griffin [Lab]
  • SomebodyWhoExists [NNP]/Dallasfan65 [NNP]
  • Cris [CR]

The at-large election is:
  • Talleyrand [Fed] - Former NNP member; supports Northeastern Independence
  • Pikachu [TPP] - Leader of the 'no' campaign on independence

In the regional senate election it's pretty obvious who we're going to endorse.

I've bolded the candidates who I think we should endorse.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 11:09:12 AM »

Clyde Speech
I am hugely proud of the campaign that Yes Northeast fought and of the 42% of voters that backed independence.

We may have lost the independence vote, but 42% is a substantial vote for independence - especially given that it's a new issue for voters to consider.

I'm also proud of the conduct in which we tried to pursue independence - peacefully at the ballot box and without violence.

We have an opportunity, now, to give the regions substantial exclusive powers in the Constitutional Convention - and more authority over our affairs will put the Northeast in a very strong position. Failure to deliver could put Atlasia on the edge again.

For me now, there's a decision as to who is best placed to lead the party in the future. I believe that in this exciting situation, full of possibility, the party and independence movement would benefit from new leadership.

Therefore, I announce today that I'm resigning as party leader - and propose the Oakvale becomes leader of the party, following his incredible election victory to become the first nationalist to be elected to the Senate. I will continue to serve the Northeast in the Assembly.

It has been a privilege the serve as party leader, but this movement is far greater than any person or political party - it's much more important than that.

Our situation is this: we lost the referendum, but the Northeast can become the real winner. More powers can follow.

So for me, my time as NNP leader is over, but the war goes on.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies